Livingston v Dundee - 28/10/23

Tony Docherty was MotM today. Kept it tight as a duck's arse first half then opened up from kick off second half. Switched to an unusual 5-1-2-2 with Boateng and McCowan as attacking mids, often moving wide, with Rudden and Bakayoko as a front pairing. Stretched the game out and confused Livi. Got his tactics perfect.

First off all, the better team won easily for their second half performance
Abysmal performance in front of the weans from Livi

Stale,Slow,the ball control and passing was really really really Abysmal
Dave's tactics were all over the shop, didn't matter what he tried, nothing worked.Dave's bad recruitment in players is starting to show their true worth,and never mind the patter we can't afford any better players. Seriously Whitburn Junior have got a crop of quick young players that can pass,control a ball and score that would do better than
Bradley, Mackay, Kelly,Guthrie(how many goals has Guffrie scored) these guys are simply  not good enough
Kelly  can't run, surely you Livi posters on here can see this.
Nouble is done that's a fact
There's no solidity  at the back with de Lucas and Devlin,and worst of all a blank midfield....

George   3/10  Lacks awareness,hopeless at crossballs
de Lucas 3/10    Too many mistakes,got himself in a guddle all afternoon

Devlin   3/10   Was as bad as de Lucas

Montaño  7/10  The only Livi player that can beat a man,but was rightly sent off,shocker stamping down on the guy's leg,should get a 3 game ban for that

Mackay  2/10  Out of his depth,ball cotrol terrible 

Holt   5/10  Ok in is own half today,no creative influence offensively 

Kelly  2/10  No pace,no anything really 

Penrice 3/10 Lost today on the left wing,not all his fault though.
Bradley 2/10  Out of his depth,will never do

Nouble  2/10  I think Nouble has never recovered from that injury and is finished...

Anderson  3/10 Tried but not in the game,not him to blame for the crap service from midfield and the wing

Brandon
Shinnie   
Guthrie 

In over sixty years of watching football I've undoubtedly seen worse games... I just cant think of any at the moment.

Although I must say all the lengthy VAR delays are sucking any enjoyment of watching the game live. Four thousand free tickets and that's four thousand that wont be back.

18 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

i know livi were down to 10 but how fucking pleasing was it too see a dundee team knock the ball about with 10 mins to go to easily see out the game.

Very! We’ve had some horrible, horrible days down there. I can remember my young lads in tears at full time in 2005. Very sweet today. This thread has been really pretty decent, especially given the car crashes some have been down the years so I hope you can forgive me a GIRFUY! 

29 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The best team won. Livi can get their own back in just a week though.

We move on.

Thank you.

We have to be capable of having a shot at goal before even thinking about getting our own back. You were well worth the 3 points today. Thought Tiffony changed things when he came on. Someone willing to run at our ( dreadful) defence.  

4 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

The uptake on the free 4k tickets was about 50% then looking at the overall attendance?

Not taking the piss, just curious how succesful that kind of thing is for clubs. 2039 at home game against Motherwell. 4210 today.

They were only there to see Dundee.

Hopefully it bagged us a couple of new supporters instead.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

They were only there to see Dundee.

Hopefully it bagged us a couple of new supporters instead.

Wee lad playing on the pitch at HT for what I assume is a local area team in Livingston, scored a few goals, whipped his top off to reveal a Dundee top on underneath and started beating the badge. Got a thunderous applause. Best bit of the day up until that point.

20 minutes ago, Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll said:

The uptake on the free 4k tickets was about 50% then looking at the overall attendance?

Not taking the piss, just curious how succesful that kind of thing is for clubs. 2039 at home game against Motherwell. 4210 today.

Its strange but we seem to save our very worst displays for the games when we've given away free tickets. I dont know why but so often ,when we have packed out the stadium with loads of potential new supporters, we manage to pi55 them all right off

I can't get my head around that offside decision. 

Nobody appealed for it, the keeper was resigned to having lost a goal, and there wasn't even a hint of anything being amis until VAR got involved. The pictures then show McGhee nowhere near interfering with play.

Am I missing something? (Other than the obvious incompetence of Scottish referees, natch).

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I can't get my head around that offside decision. 

Nobody appealed for it, the keeper was resigned to having lost a goal, and there wasn't even a hint of anything being amis until VAR got involved. The pictures then show McGhee nowhere near interfering with play.

Am I missing something? (Other than the obvious incompetence of Scottish referees, natch).

It might get forgotten about because we still won the game, but that was probably the worst VAR decision of the lot so far.

With Mctominay v Spain and RC against us, both goals should really have stood, but I could at least understand that the ball was crossing the path of an offside player and therefore there is justification for ruling them offside.  This one though is just a joke.  McGhee is trying to get out of of the way, makes no motion towards the ball and has no influence whatsoever on the keepers attempt to save it as he dives long before he could ever make any difference to the path of the ball.  No defending player makes any claim to the referee that it could be offside and that tells you everything.

The worst thing is that VAR is supposed to be about clear and obvious errors.  If he’d given that as offside and used VAR to back this up and not overturn it, that would still be extremely harsh.  To overturn his original decision is just nonsense.

It’s not going to happen, but if this is going to happen as consistently as it currently is, then VAR needs to be binned immediately.  Either VAR is useless or the referees are demonstrably incompetent, which would they prefer?

Edited by stu2910

12 minutes ago, AlanPartridge said:

Incredible decision. Not one Livi player claiming for it said it all.

You’re right. No one claiming for it at all. 

I could understand if McGhee was on the opposite side, closer to the ball and blocking the keepers view but none of that applied. It amazes me that these referees now get so many chances to come to the correct decision but get it so wrong so many times? Tragic. 

Edited by Pens_Dark