Montrose Vs Accies

Overall a great result and job done. The first half was starting to look a bit like a continuation of last week, Montrose clearly did their homework and knew how to frustrate us.

Good finishing made that a comfortable victory, but at the risk of sounding spoiled, i'd still like us to get into dangerous positions more often and move the ball quicker in the final third.

Martin was fantastic again, really is one of the few that will run right to the end and keeps us ticking over. Thought McGowan was poor, lucky not to give away a penalty.

Another tough away day next week, hoping for a similar result.

Well beaten tonight. We never looked like scoring
Accies looked like a well tuned unit and thoroughly deserved the three points. Best team I've seen this season.
Anything we might have picked up would have been a bonus. A couple of winnable games coming up to keep us in the playoff mix.

Dust down and move on.

First half I thought we competed quite well without really having anything Clea cut we were were certainly in the game and should have maybe had a pen just before the whistle blew for HT.

Second half Accies the better team and way more clinical,we looked very lightweight in the middle of the park if you ask me for over run a fair bit tonight.

On 27/10/2023 at 14:17, Hotchie said:

Well, if it wasn't a ground that I hadn't previously visited then I would definitely take the sensible option of watching it on TV. Keen to visit Montrose so I think I will brave it.

Couldn't get past Dundee. Train cancelled because there was no guard! . Montrose's practice of tickets being purchased in advance means I spent money on a game I didn't see through no fault of my own. 

Again great win tonight in a game I was very worried about going into. Going off that the Annan away game doesn't get played in the next month. We have 2 games against Cove and Stirling before a 2 week break from the league due to the Trust Trophy and the Scottish Cup. Would be very nice if we could beat Cove and Stirling and would make up for the result last week. If we play the way we did tonight then we have every chance of winning both games. Scottish Cup gets made tomorrow will be interesting to see who we get in that. 

19 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Convinced Craigen is being live streamed a different game to me in a room somewhere. I disagree with every single thing he says 

You won't be the only fan saying that this season,that's for sure.

Watched from my sick bed  and to be fair he wasn't as bad towards Accies as he has been.The guy lives in Hamilton and as an ex Well player he is fair game for us and vice versa.

Rankin made the correct changes  which should have been made weeks ago and had this happened last week,the game would have had a different outcome.

Another very hard away game coming up against Cove where we have never won,so there you go.

Massive result. Not the greatest performance especially the first half, but got the job done in difficult conditions. Hopefully the likes of McGlynn can kick on and Rankin won't be so hesitant to rotate players.

We have a strong squad of players with different attributes. Using that squad to adapt and change things when needed to get results is key. Not every player needs to play 90 mins week in week out to be an important part of the team

We put out the right team last night and Rankin tweaked it when needed. Big push for six points over the next two games now please.

Edited by Beckford