Montrose Vs Accies

Think it's safe to say that this will be a very tough game on Saturday for us think we will have to be at our very best if we want the 3 points. From what I've seen Montrose have improved a bit since the last time we played them and were unlucky not to take points off Falkirk a couple of weeks ago. This game being on the Telly scares me a bit as well think that might just give Montrose an extra boost and our record with games on the telly isn't great. The thing giving me a little bit of confidence for this is that we seem to play better away than what we do at home. Does seem like they will be changes as mentioned by Rankin in the media McGlynn must start for O'Hara and I would have Mumbongo for Tait and go with 2 up top with Henderson just behind and have Barjonas back in the midfield. Overall I am a bit pessimistic for this game and will go Montrose 1-1 Accies. 

3 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Think it's safe to say that this will be a very tough game on Saturday for us think we will have to be at our very best if we want the 3 points. From what I've seen Montrose have improved a bit since the last time we played them and were unlucky not to take points off Falkirk a couple of weeks ago. This game being on the Telly scares me a bit as well think that might just give Montrose an extra boost and our record with games on the telly isn't great. The thing giving me a little bit of confidence for this is that we seem to play better away than what we do at home. Does seem like they will be changes as mentioned by Rankin in the media McGlynn must start for O'Hara and I would have Mumbongo for Tait and go with 2 up top with Henderson just behind and have Barjonas back in the midfield. Overall I am a bit pessimistic for this game and will go Montrose 1-1 Accies. 

It's not the poltergeist Ian 😋

Poltergeist GIF - Horror Poltergeist Kennedi Clements - Discover & Share  GIFs

annoyingly the change of kick off time to accommodate it being shown live means I'll now not manage to attend so will be watching on my phone.  We have improved considerably over the past weeks, or Post-McAllister, so no reason why we cannot get a point out of this, I too think this'll finish 1-1

Despite the tepid performance against Edinburgh, I'm actually confident going into this, as I think since Montrose are at home, and have been playing well, they'll open up more and try to attack, which I think will play into our hands.

In terms of team changes, I think now is the time for McGlynn to start, give him a proper chance to see how he can influence the game. I'd also swap Tait for Murray, I've liked what I've seen of him in short spells, so like McGlynn, give him a chance to see if he can make a big impact. Other than those two, I dont see any need to change the midfield or defence.

Mumbongo for me has shown nothing to merit a start, everything seems so clumsy, doesn't look any better than Tiehi or Ashley-Seal. Sadly Smith is too unpredictable and Zanatta is still hopeless.

Tait and O'Hara are definitely the underperformers at the moment. I think dropping Henderson back into Tait's role could work to an extent, but he's also our best striker so I'm not sure I'd want to move him. Same with Barjonas who, imo, is perfect on the left as he gives us a level of control that is hard to get from a wide man at this level. If he's playing on that side, then you need a proper goal threat on the right, which is why I liked the idea of O'Hara or Winter out there but they haven't provided that enough. We've got a lot of wide options, but none of them look like goalscorers. I've not been a fan of Murray but maybe he does deserve a shot from the start. 

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Tait and O'Hara are definitely the underperformers at the moment. I think dropping Henderson back into Tait's role could work to an extent, but he's also our best striker so I'm not sure I'd want to move him. Same with Barjonas who, imo, is perfect on the left as he gives us a level of control that is hard to get from a wide man at this level. If he's playing on that side, then you need a proper goal threat on the right, which is why I liked the idea of O'Hara or Winter out there but they haven't provided that enough. We've got a lot of wide options, but none of them look like goalscorers. I've not been a fan of Murray but maybe he does deserve a shot from the start. 

When Andy returns from injury I would like to see him to start up front rather than been played out wide he scored a hat-trick when he was played as a striker last season against the team who finished 4th in this league. Need to remember that Andy is a good finisher I don't get why he was played out wide last season and the start of this season he's wasted there.

6 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Mumbongo for me has shown nothing to merit a start, everything seems so clumsy, doesn't look any better than Tiehi or Ashley-Seal. Sadly Smith is too unpredictable and Zanatta is still hopeless.

I think Mumbongo can be decent for us he impressed me at QOTS and EK away. Doesn't help that when we brought him on last week he was played out wide and it was clear that he wasn't a winger play him up front with McGlynn beside him and I think it would be a good partnership. Agree with what you said about Lewis we love the guy and want him to do well he just doesn't seem to be able to do it sadly and gets pushed off the ball far too easily. With Zannata there's no point on even having him on the bench anymore imo I would rather have a Ben Black or Kalala on the on the bench instead.

55 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Watch it in the house/boozer trains are a nightmare at the moment.

Well, if it wasn't a ground that I hadn't previously visited then I would definitely take the sensible option of watching it on TV. Keen to visit Montrose so I think I will brave it.

Edited by Hotchie

Feels like a must win game and a huge improvement from last week required otherwise, I can see Falkirk really pulling away even this early in the season.

For me last week highlighted that Rankin is very limited regarding ideas on how to attack and increase our goal threat. When things were not working on Saturday, the response was simply to throw on all the forwards with, what looked from the stand at least, very little instruction or game plan.

From a fans point of view,  early evening kick offs can be tricky and fair play to those heading up on public transport. Hopefully we can take a decent support up and help get things back on track.

On 26/10/2023 at 13:50, Laid-back Accie said:

Despite the tepid performance against Edinburgh, I'm actually confident going into this, as I think since Montrose are at home, and have been playing well, they'll open up more and try to attack, which I think will play into our hands.

In terms of team changes, I think now is the time for McGlynn to start, give him a proper chance to see how he can influence the game. I'd also swap Tait for Murray, I've liked what I've seen of him in short spells, so like McGlynn, give him a chance to see if he can make a big impact. Other than those two, I dont see any need to change the midfield or defence.

Rankin must have been reading my post