Eagles @ Commanders

Sunday Late (8.05/8.25pn)

Browns @ Seahawks

Ravens @ Cardinals

Chiefs @ Broncos

Bengals @ 49ers

SNF (12.20am)

Bears @ Chargers

A slightly earlier start on Sunday after the clocks go back here in the UK. So 5pm and 8.05/25pm kick offs this week. 

Looking forward to the battle of the backups as the Giants and Jets meet at MetLife. Zach Wilson Vs Tyrod Taylor isn’t exactly box office but I’m confident my G-Men can get their 3rd win of the season. 

One of my wee weekly routines…. Await the ‘lichtie23 fixtures’, peruse them carefully, and decide, should someone say ‘you’ve won an all-expenses paid trip’….. based on matchup, time of year, home city…. Which one would I go to?

Aye, I know, file under ‘what would you do if you won the lottery’. Anyway, I do it every week. So, I’m getting luxury hotels, hospitality tickets at the 50 yard line, business class return flights, and £5k spending money….

This week I’m off to MetLife for the NY derby. Was tempted by a game in warmer climes’ this week, but nah, I’m off to the Big Apple, been a while since I had breakfast in the Red Flame Diner, BBQ in Virgils, or walked all the way from the hotel down to One World Trade, soaking in the different neighbourhoods on the long walk down.

I need therapy, but every week I look forward to the official Lichtie23 fixture list and dream about where I’m off to, and how much better it would be than St Mirren v St Johnstone. 😜

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

One of my wee weekly routines…. Await the ‘lichtie23 fixtures’, peruse them carefully, and decide, should someone say ‘you’ve won an all-expenses paid trip’….. based on matchup, time of year, home city…. Which one would I go to?

Aye, I know, file under ‘what would you do if you won the lottery’. Anyway, I do it every week. So, I’m getting luxury hotels, hospitality tickets at the 50 yard line, business class return flights, and £5k spending money….

This week I’m off to MetLife for the NY derby. Was tempted by a game in warmer climes’ this week, but nah, I’m off to the Big Apple, been a while since I had breakfast in the Red Flame Diner, BBQ in Virgils, or walked all the way from the hotel down to One World Trade, soaking in the different neighbourhoods on the long walk down.

I need therapy, but every week I look forward to the official Lichtie23 fixture list and dream about where I’m off to, and how much better it would be than St Mirren v St Johnstone. 😜

Personally don’t mind a trip to Paisley. Gabriel’s bar has always made the Lichtie support feel very welcome 

Bills twitter shouting loudly at each other about which side of the ball is most broken.

Stats nerds saying the underlying numbers are still good vs eye test of losing 2 of the last 3 (and should probably have been 3 of 3 if that PI vs NYG had been called) 

Think this goes one of two ways tonight, Bills by 20+ if they get out to an early lead but if it's the same turgid O as last 3 games* and the Bucs lead or even keep it tight then an away win is very much on the cards. 

*First 3 quarters in weeks 5-7 yielded 0,0, & 10 points 

Edited by Fuctifano

5 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Never been to either of them, so can't say which is better.

Depends on your thing really. I mean, strolling through Central Park on a crisp autumn Sunday morning, followed by a nice pizza for lunch is all fine and dandy, but equally, there’s Fountain Gardens on Love Street, followed by a roll on square sausage fae’ the Buddie Good Food van.

Swings & roundabouts. 😎

Bills win 24-18 vs Bucs on TNF, a very very weird 4th quarter where the Bucs at 24-10 down were running the play clock down to almost nothing.  Buffalo had dominated to that point with the Bucs only TD coming off a tipped pass INT.

TB had 4th and 10 with about 3 mins left, incomplete and drive kept alive by illegal contact penalty. 3 plays later, 4th and 9, Mayfield wrapped up and sacked by about 4 Bills players, but one of them touched the facemask on the way down so drive kept alive again. Next play he throws one which hits a Bills defender's helmet and somehow lands with Evans for a TD then the 2pt is tipped and falls perfectly with a Bucs player.

At this point I'm thinking f**k this, but we managed to do enough on the ground on the next drive to leave the Bucs 20 seconds with no timeouts and 75 yards to go as a FG is no use. Game over, no?

YET ANOTHER stupid penalty puts them in Hail Mary range and Mayfield has the arm strength to get it there, but thankfully Godwin who was nearest the ball seemed to lose it in the lights and it landed in the endzone untouched. A game that should have been put to bed on about 5 occasions went to the last play.

Kincaid looks the real deal, seen some advanced / nerd stats during the week which has him as 2nd best receiving TE behind Kelce this season.

Edited by Fuctifano

Just watched the 12 minute highlights on YouTube. Didn’t look a classic but job done for Buffalo. I really like Gabe Davis. 

I also like Mayfield. I’m not suggesting he is elite but he’s still a pretty decent QB in this league 

Guest DannyBlue

How good are Buffalo? I just assumed they are up there with the best but over the past few weeks I can't help but think they are a bit below average with a great QB making them appear better. The defence looks like it misses Milano a lot.

7 hours ago, DannyBlue said:

How good are Buffalo? I just assumed they are up there with the best but over the past few weeks I can't help but think they are a bit below average with a great QB making them appear better. The defence looks like it misses Milano a lot.

Defence is too beat up I think, Miller talks a good game but is a long long way from being usable for a full game, and the injuries to Jones, Milano and White (only Jones has a chance to return this season) as well as Poyer and Hyde starting to show signs of age are probably too much to hold off. 

The other side of the ball really stands or falls on Allen, seemed to play a bit more with the handbrake off yesterday, few designed runs and quick hitters to other targets rather than trying to force it to Diggs all the time. Allen does now have a dinged up shoulder on his throwing arm so that won't help. Kincaid at TE looks like a star in the making though and they're ramping up his use with Knox being out. 

5-3 through the easier half of the schedule isn't brilliant, of the remaining games Jets Patriots and Broncos at home are all must wins (aware we've already lost to two of those) 

The other 6 are 

@CIN

@PHI 

@KC 

DAL

@LAC 

@MIA 

Probably need to win 2 of those to make the playoffs and vs Miami to have a shot at the division 

Edited by Fuctifano