Steelmen vs Staggies - 28/10/23

1 hour ago, fat_tony said:

I think because it was a genuine attempt to play the ball.

I'm still confused why the boy was allowed to play a volleyball pass to Brophy for the first goal.

Awful defending all round today.

It wasn't really tho was it ? When the ball was still in the air I'd said to the guy next to me this is going to be a penalty , and it was . Laidlaw wasn't ever anywhere close to the ball.  Wouldn't expect it to be a red these days ( is there not a rule about penalties can't be a red double jeopardy kind of thing ?! ) but should have been a yellow imo.  

I second the motion about their goal , still can't understand why when every single pass into the box was clearly getting the full cinema treatment from Walsh in the VAR office the one incident that clearly showed breach of the rules was missed when other incidents which were much more contentious were stopped but dismissed incredibly quickly.  

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Only seen the handball incident on my tablet and it wasn’t clear, what happened, did he punch it back over his head? 

It’s actually a nice bit of play by Loturi, but it looks like he kicks it on to his hand when he plays in Turner.  It’s quite clearly not deliberate and it’d have been incredibly harsh. 

11 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

To be honest I never saw the handball incident but our players were insisting it was a foul. I think Kettlewell got booked for complaining about it too.

Was surprised Sportscene didn’t even mention it. 

Michael Stewart did. He inferred that Kettlewell shouldn’t have been surprised that VAR doesn’t look at handball incidents by other players leading to a goal.

Edited by bunglebonce

8 hours ago, ropy said:

I wasn’t there, presumably we went to a flat back 4 when Biereth came on, what about Ross, did he play wide or was the shape all gone by then? 

Yeah flat back 4 (or a back 0 judging by the third goal) which may explain why Spencer was taken off, as he was probably our best player up until that point.

Ross kinda seemed to be everywhere when he came on, so I'm not sure if he had a position he was meant to be playing or if he was just instructed to get in there and make a nuisance of himself. Certainly gave us an injection of energy and put pressure on the County back line.

17 hours ago, fat_tony said:

Yeah flat back 4 (or a back 0 judging by the third goal) which may explain why Spencer was taken off, as he was probably our best player up until that point.

Ross kinda seemed to be everywhere when he came on, so I'm not sure if he had a position he was meant to be playing or if he was just instructed to get in there and make a nuisance of himself. Certainly gave us an injection of energy and put pressure on the County back line.

We were a bit all over the place, because we were obviously chasing goals and as much as the personnel suggested 4-3-3, when lined up in a formation at kick off, it simply looked like a back three with Spittal as a wing-back.