🔴🟡 Partick Thistle v Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - Halloween extravaganza

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Mark mckenzie is beyond shite if he wasn't at ayr he'd be playing for Maybole or something. How he gets a start every week is beyond me and every other ayr fan I know.  Over 100 games and I think he's scored like less than 10 goals. 

The hyperbole around McKenzie is just boring now, this is nonsense. 

58 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

129 games, 9 goals. 1 goal every 14.3 games.

That's what you'll have up front against you tomorrow night Partick. You can put your feet up and spark a cigar i feel.

Again, he barely played as a striker until last season and at that was only in the team half the season. He was generally playing right midfield in a horrible team. 

Should we have moved on from him as a starter over the summer? Yes. However the continual inability to see what he does bring when he plays is poor. I would far rather have him in the team than Rose or Bryden. Not so much Amartey, but that isn’t going to change. 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

The hyperbole around McKenzie is just boring now, this is nonsense. 

Again, he barely played as a striker until last season and at that was only in the team half the season. He was generally playing right midfield in a horrible team. 

Should we have moved on from him as a starter over the summer? Yes. However the continual inability to see what he does bring when he plays is poor. I would far rather have him in the team than Rose or Bryden. Not so much Amartey, but that isn’t going to change. 

Its Ashfords fault McKenzie is getting so much stick. If he was still here it would be him getting it.

I'd rather we had somebody else to bring in but Fraser deserves a chance. Its all about goals and assists when you play up front and he's just not doing it.

24 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Its Ashfords fault McKenzie is getting so much stick. If he was still here it would be him getting it.

I'd rather we had somebody else to bring in but Fraser deserves a chance. It’s all about goals and assists when you play up front and he's just not doing it.

It isn’t all about goals and assists, and he offers more than Bryden as long as he is playing alongside someone able to do the actual goal scoring part. 

Bryden not going out on loan was very poor management though. He started the first two league games and offered absolutely nothing - he isn’t ready to play at this level regularly. 

32 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I'd rather we had somebody else to bring in but Fraser deserves a chance. Its all about goals and assists when you play up front and he's just not doing it.

It's not, you can play a huge part in an attack without touching the ball.  

If Amartey can't start in this game, he'd be as well being shipped out. It's getting beyond embarrassing.

I know players always seem to get better when they sit on the bench but I don't think that's the case here. #BGM

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

It's not, you can play a huge part in an attack without touching the ball.  

Just going to have to disagree on that one I think. Its fair enough making runs and putting a shift in but that's not enough.

If you're doing that and chipping in with goals and assists then that's grand. He's not though.

I think he's a great squad player, I'd definitely want to keep him but he's not a starter.

7 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

Just going to have to disagree on that one I think. Its fair enough making runs and putting a shift in but that's not enough.

If you're doing that and chipping in with goals and assists then that's grand. He's not though.

I think he's a great squad player, I'd definitely want to keep him but he's not a starter.

I  think basically everyone would agree with that last part tbf. Ultimately, it’s a failure of recruitment that we haven’t improved in that area. 

14 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Mark mckenzie is beyond shite if he wasn't at ayr he'd be playing for Maybole or something. How he gets a start every week is beyond me and every other ayr fan I know.  Over 100 games and I think he's scored like less than 10 goals. 

It’s incredible just how low the bar is set for McKenzie by some fans.  Saturday summed up his career at Ayr.  No goals, no assists, barely touched the ball in the opposition box, never looked like winning a header in the opposition box.  But he had a couple of nice lay offs 40 yards from goal so he did Ok.  Dowds looks like he could get 10-12 goals over a season, but at that number we absolutely need a second striker who chips in reasonably regularly.  One goal every 14 games is a horrific stat for McKenzie.

It’s terrifying to think that the alternatives are actually worse (though Amartey is surely due the chance to demonstrate he’s not the answer).  

What's the latest info on Aiden McGeady?   I don't think he has been mentioned for months.  He at least might add a bit of "bite" to our forward line.  There is a lot at stake in tonights game.   

Edited by stevep56

3 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

What's the latest info on Aiden McGeady?   I don't think he has been mentioned for months.  He at least might add a bit of "bite" to our forward line.  There is a lot at stake inn tonights game.   

Latest is McGeady is a wee arrogant w**k with a permanent chip on his shoulder.

9 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

What's the latest info on Aiden McGeady?   I don't think he has been mentioned for months.  He at least might add a bit of "bite" to our forward line.  There is a lot at stake in tonights game.   

There was an update in the Advertiser, he and Dempsey are back in training and may be in the squad for Saturday, McCallister and Musonda are back running but not in full training yet. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

There was an update in the Advertiser, he and Dempsey are back in training and may be in the squad for Saturday, McCallister and Musonda are back running but not in full training yet. 

Dempsey back in the squad for Saturday ? 

4 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Dempsey back in the squad for Saturday ? 

We walked by him at Airdrie pre match and he was walking fine with no crutch/boot.  Assumed he would then be back in training soon.  Wouldn't expect him to be seen till December though.