St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager 23/24

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saints have had success in giving young managers a chance but you can't just stick to a template when circumstances change.

We need a manager of men who can call on a good degree of experience, and probably in this country. The idea after that two years of abject shite that the board were gonna throw everything behind anything but that was never happening.

When Martindale and Lennon distanced themselves from the job, it narrowed the options but the club have clearly decided themselves upon targeting Levein and they've largely made good decisions down the years, right up to Steve Brown deciding to just phone it in with the last one.

I'm not sure the situation we are in ever lends itself to being excited about an appointment but if it is Levein and Andy Kirk then it's one I can get behind.

10 hours ago, Rossco8326 said:

Have you actually met him ? He's absolutely none of those things 

Absolutely.

I've met him a quite a few times through a mate. Don't know him well or anything, but he's very self-depricating and good company. The idea he's arrogant or an arsehole etc is complete nonsense.

Scotland didn't go well for him, but I really don't see that being relevant to the St Johnstone job in 2023. I'd be more concerned at how  badly his second time at Hearts went, and the shambolic recruitment he oversaw.

He certainly was a good coach in the past. Today, not so sure.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Absolutely.

I've met him a quite a few times through a mate. Don't know him well or anything, but he's very self-depricating and good company. The idea he's arrogant or an arsehole etc is complete nonsense.

Scotland didn't go well for him, but I really don't see that being relevant to the St Johnstone job in 2023. I'd be more concerned at how  badly his second time at Hearts went, and the shambolic recruitment he oversaw.

He certainly was a good coach in the past. Today, not so sure.

Yes it is hes great with our supporters. Hes been with us for nearly 3 years and not taken a penny apart from to pay for traveling hes at every training session and most games home and away. Yeah Scotland didn't work for him but he has massive experience and alot of contacts in the game get the feeling if kirk goes with him kirk will be doing alot and levein will be guiding him kirk is a brilliant coach and has changed us from the absolute mess we were to where we are now unbeaten in the league for over a year and a half I know its only highland league but if he has the ability to transform us he can do it to any team 

I think it's a decent appointment, unfortunately. A lot of clubs at this level have gone down the 'leftfield'/relatively unproven approach over the past few years. Hibs are bad for it, I don't think Naismith will last much longer at Hearts, nor Robson at Aberdeen.

I'd imagine St Johnstone fans will be more than happy with 'well organised if unspectacular' for the rest of the season.

Shame, tbh.

2 hours ago, Willie adie said:

Would be an interesting appointment if it's Levien.

Stuart Cosgrove mentioned on yesterday off the ball that Billy Dodds has a good relationship with your chairman.

So I'd imagine he's in the mix

Big fan of his BBC colleagues pushing for Dodds to get any gig going so they didnt have to spend every Saturday with the guy.

CL saying on Radio that it’s not done, but they are somewhere between it happening and not happening, but he does want another shot at management.

Also confirms if it happens then Kirk will come with him “to do all the work”.

Edited by BB_Bino