Deadly Dees vs Penalty to Rangers

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If the police and the Fire Brigade had any balls they should have evacuated the stadium.

Water cannons straight into the Rangers end to put out the flares, any water damage charged to Sevco obviously. 

24 minutes ago, Squonk said:

It must be quite time consuming defending criticism aimed at the current club playing out of Ibrox. Last night's match alone had three major controversial incidents.

Firstly we had a lengthy delay before kick off caused by the club company not following its own advice regarding allowing sufficient time for travel to Dens Park. Can anyone genuinely see any action being taken over this matter?

Then we had a stoppage because sufficient numbers of selfish morons in the stand created a potential health and safety issue just because their fun is deemed more important than abiding by mere laws of the land aimed at keeping fans safe. Again, any punishment likely?

Finally, though not of Rangers*' making, the match referee, however inadvertently, broke up a Dundee attack, leading directly to a Rangers* goal.

Nobody's claiming any of these incidents ultimately affected the outcome of the game, but to find they are laughed aside with "move along diddies, nothing to see here" must be particularly galling for the Dundee fans.

I don't think anyone has said to just move along though, have they?

The thing I've been critical of is the outlandish claim that the match should've been abandoned after the pyro delay, because quite frankly I find that a ludicrous suggestion. A sanction yes, but to abandon the match would be wild.

Similarly any notion that there should be a sanction for the team bus getting caught in congestion due to traffic accidents I find an odd take.

The 4th goal was poor from the referee as his positioning and awareness was terrible.

Edited by AJF

8 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Why does it never seem to happen then, genuine question?

One of the union bears had a flare blow up in their hand a few years ago.

If you're stuck up a mountain or on a raft in the middle of an ocean then use a flare but keep them away from the fitba.

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

One of the union bears had a flare blow up in their hand a few years ago.

If you're stuck up a mountain or on a raft in the middle of an ocean then use a flare but keep them away from the fitba.

That was a firework...

1 hour ago, Squonk said:

It must be quite time consuming defending criticism aimed at the current club playing out of Ibrox. Last night's match alone had three major controversial incidents.

Firstly we had a lengthy delay before kick off caused by the club company not following its own advice regarding allowing sufficient time for travel to Dens Park. Can anyone genuinely see any action being taken over this matter?

Then we had a stoppage because sufficient numbers of selfish morons in the stand created a potential health and safety issue just because their fun is deemed more important than abiding by mere laws of the land aimed at keeping fans safe. Again, any punishment likely?

Finally, though not of Rangers*' making, the match referee, however inadvertently, broke up a Dundee attack, leading directly to a Rangers* goal.

Nobody's claiming any of these incidents ultimately affected the outcome of the game, but to find they are laughed aside with "move along diddies, nothing to see here" must be particularly galling for the Dundee fans.

So the club are supposed to predict an accident that holds up traffic on the way to dundee

Fucking hell 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I don't think anyone has said to just move along though, have they?

The thing I've been critical of is the outlandish claim that the match should've been abandoned after the pyro delay, because quite frankly I find that a ludicrous suggestion. A sanction yes, but to abandon the match would be wild.

Similarly any notion that there should be a sanction for the team bus getting caught in congestion due to traffic accidents I find an odd take.

The 4th goal was poor from the referee as his positioning and awareness was terrible.

I wasn't specifically targeting you in my previous post (as much as an annoying bear of the groundhopping variety), but your reply nonetheless partially illustrates why fan problems persist; because we keep ruling out the only measures that actually provide a solution. It's utter madness!

Exactly why shouldn't we abandon a match after a large scale and potentially dangerous pyro display like last night's, or at least issue a sanction as a disincentive? Because it would mostly inconvenience the bigger clubs, so you and the rest of your support deem it disproportionate? Well maybe, just maybe, the fabled lunatic 'minority' would be forced to behave if their club was regularly docked points or was made to play their home games with reduced capacity, or even behind closed doors. The same applies to singing proscribed songs and chants, and forcing open gates to allow more fans in, leading to overcrowding. This applies to all clubs, so I'm not just picking on Rangers* here.

Yes, I know there's no appetite in Scottish football for strict liabilty, but as far as I'm aware, for good reason, outside football in a courtroom, the judiciary doesn't offer an offender the option of taking the softest and least inconvenient sanction from a lengthy list of otherwise meaningful punishments that would likely provide a deterrent. If the clubs aren't going to accept responsibility, then they should be forced to do so by the powers that be. How many more months/years/decades/centuries of talking about fan behaviour, without acting on it, is it going to take?

UEFA aren't so soft and rightly don't give a flying f*ck about dishing out fines and closing grounds for poor fan behaviour, so there's no valid legal reason why our suits can't do the same, or be forced to do so by government intervention. 

Finally, I wasn't aware about an accident on the road holding up Rangers*' arrival last night. I hope everyone involved is ok.    

57 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

So the club are supposed to predict an accident that holds up traffic on the way to dundee

Fucking hell 

Why did they go through fife in the first place ? There’s been roadworks on the bridge for months causing mega delays , plus there is always a chance it might get closed for a jumper ,, they should’ve come through Perth and that’s not hindsight it just common sense 

Why 45 mins delay, can understand 20 mins by which time they were warmed up. I wasn't too bothered about the flares, more the timing. If they'd been let off as the teams came onto the pitch it would have all blown over by kick off time. Think the police were looking for a bit extra overtime the time it took them, allow common sense to prevail    

Would have been nice to actually give this bunch a game for once. 

However, luckily (as usual) their 'ultras' made twats of themselves again. 

Crap result but we draw a line and go onto the next game. 

Thank you. 

This league is horrible. How can Celtic/Rangers fans enjoy this monotony for the past 30 years? (Hearts/Aberdeen brief dalliances with self-belief aside).

Coupled with Celtic doing the routine Nov/Dec extinguishing of a third team’s challenge last night. I hate this fucking league.

7 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Why did they go through fife in the first place ? There’s been roadworks on the bridge for months causing mega delays , plus there is always a chance it might get closed for a jumper ,, they should’ve come through Perth and that’s not hindsight it just common sense 

Spot on. It's an absolute nonsense that you cannot get from Glasgow to Dundee for a 7.45pm kick off?

They should've been in Dundee at lunch time having their pre match meal/fannying around at one of the numerous hotels in the city.

That was the shite that annoyed me the most, the pyrotechnics was just plod/security incompetence.

Can do what they like though, as the spineless clowns in charge look on.

Thank you.