Ayr v QP

For the first time in a while, I’m actually looking forward to the match. It still feels like 5 years since we last won a match in the league but slowly but surely there’s been signs of improvement the last couple weeks and we look much more like a competent championship side compared to 3/4 weeks ago. Still look wildly suspect defensively be we’re not as open as we have been previously 

The Ayr match at Hampden was probably one of the worst defensive performances I’ve seen in my lifetime from a QP side and that includes the amateur era. Horrifying amount of self inflicted errors which Ayr capitalised very well on 

The thistle performance on Friday was excellent but it means nothing if we can’t back it up. We have to now consistently play like that and try our best to not get dragged into the bottom 2 throughout the season 

Edited by qpfc

Think I ask this every time, but assume the enclosure under the stand is also open? Just West Stand seating stated when buying tickets. 

In terms of the game, it could literally be anything. Either or both sets of supporters absolutely seething. 0-0, 8-8 or a 6-4 victory for either side. 

3 minutes ago, an86 said:

Think I ask this every time, but assume the enclosure under the stand is also open? Just West Stand seating stated when buying tickets. 

Aye it will be, every other away team has had that this season. 

10 hours ago, Hursty said:

I missed the Inverness game and went to the rest.  I'm missing this one.  You are welcome fellow Ayr fans 

Screenshot_20231031_222900_Flashscore.jpg

I'm the exact same :lol: feeling real value for money with the season ticket this year.  If I didn't have one I wouldn't be going on Saturday, but I am forced to now. 2 goals in 5 league home matches with 10 conceded :1eye

Albinson

Ahui  Stanger  McGinty  Reading

Syla  Senga

Amartey  Chalmers  Murphy

Dowds

Subs: Mutch, Watret, Ecrepont, Young, Smith, McKenzie, Bryden, Rose

Think we need to start trying something different at home.  The personnel allows you to change to 442 if it isn't working, we can't just go into this game the same as we have in the games since the ICT home win.  Would be surprised to see both Dempsey and McGeady in the squad, think McGeady would be the one he would have fill the last space on the bench as central midfield isn't short just now.

17 hours ago, Hursty said:

I missed the Inverness game and went to the rest.  I'm missing this one.  You are welcome fellow Ayr fans 

Screenshot_20231031_222900_Flashscore.jpg

Fairly similar situation for me, have missed a lot of our good results this season. I'm not going on Saturday which gives me some optimism.

Albinson

Ahui Stanger McGinty Reading

Chalmers Senga Syla Murphy

Amartey Dowds

Very attacking team which would allow us to get at QP with their weak backline. Going for a 3-1 win.

Saw Queens Park on the telly when they were away to Airdrie.

Their high defensive line once or twice seemed to cause them issues. Wasn't as often as we were able to exploit at the match at Hampden (as much I could gather from watching the highlights).

Then again our home form is absolute gubbins so who knows.

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Severely doubt Ahui will be playing on Saturday.  That was more than cramp, had a bit of a hobble all night. 

I know he was howling against Falkirk, but I think I would feel more comfortable with Ecrepont in there anyway. 

It's nice to be looking forward to Saturday again, but I really feel like we need to win this one. Airdrie was an improvement on the weeks running up to that, and Thistle was even better again so things are definitely going in the right direction but the points have to start coming from somewhere. I get the impression we're only a win or two away from everything clicking, and the sooner that happens the better.

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm missing Saturday, unfortunately.

On the upside it heightens the chance of a home win. It would be just my luck to miss a home league win.

So am I.

I was buzzing for it this morning, and then I remembered that I am on placement in the hospital on Saturday.

While on the pitch it could be anyone’s game - a little point of note for the Queens fans…..

That big metal thing is a new stand.

I know, I know……. you think they can’t be built that quickly, but who knew!!!

Edited by AUFC 1910