Stirling v Alloa K Roberts hero or villan

35 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Will this thread represent a Safe Space where both sets of fans can avoid contact with Falkirk supporters? Let the healing begin.

Prediction 0-0.  Attendance 841. 

Is that real numbers or using the forthbank counting method used at the Falkirk game?

We haven't many 0 0 draws in the last wee whilr. Trying to remember the last one.  Dumbarton away last season is the only one coming to mind.

Always liked Kurtis Roberts too but hope he has a mare on Saturday.

Hopeful prediction of a 2 1 win.

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

Will this thread represent a Safe Space where both sets of fans can avoid contact with Falkirk supporters? Let the healing begin.

Prediction 0-0.  Attendance 841. 

Not bloody likely it seems  ..

3 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

I and others were disappointed when he left Forthbank. Master of the long searching pass. Stennie v Stirling  New Year 2022 being a particular favourite.

Not sure I know anyone who was disappointed to see Kurtis leave Forthbank, he was pretty average during his time here I would say, yes he had the occasional moment but generally he was pretty "meh" in my opinion. He was given the opportunity of League 1 football at Clyde so took it, and you can't blame the lad for that, but even Clyde fans on here were, by and large, saying they weren't fussed if he stayed or went in the summer. Don't think he was a stand out in the game at The Recs earlier in the season, that performance probably summed him up well as he didn't really impact the game but he didn't make any noticeable errors either. Alloa fans can tell us for sure, but suspect that's what they are getting from him most weeks. I do wish the lad well however, not against us of course, but I can't say that I've ever been disappointed at seeing him leave the club.

Anyway, I must say that I will be pretty disappointed if we don't pick up the 3 points on Saturday. Alloa were no great shakes in the game earlier in the season and despite adding more fire power since then, their results and league position would suggest there's been little in the way of improvement, so if we have any hope of comfortably staying in this league, then we have to be beating the Part Time teams at Forthbank, more times than not, especially when a win for Alloa would bring them back level with us.

Goals have obviously been a bit of a struggle for us this season, which is a surprise because I genuinely thought that would be our strong point again this season. I don't know what the answer is because I think we are all in agreement that Carrick, Spence, Hilson and Thompson are good players to have, but we could really be doing with 1 or 2 of them hitting a wee purple patch in front of goals, but still, I'd like to think we can bag ourselves another 1-0 win to get us back to winning ways.

Edited by BB_Bino

Roberts has probably been the summer signing I've been the most pleasantly surprised with. Thought he'd have just been a squad player but he's played most the games. 

Falkirk game aside, our performances had been improving (going forward at least!) and the team looked to be playing well together. Hopefully the skelping off Falkirk will motivate the team for Saturday. Performances improving counts for nothing though if we don't pick up points.

If we lose on Saturday I think it could be hard for Rice to keep his job, especially if we play as poorly as we did against Falkirk.

Belter of a game potentially, both sides looking to steady the ship. 

Foir play to the binos this season sticking by the players that brought them up,  a settled and  reliable team despite the recent losing run they would be looking to have consolidation secure by early 2024. 

Alloa on the other hand need vast improvement, the defence likely to have a few gifts lined up for the opposition be it penalties or the odd goal etc. Yet to really get anything away from home either. But no better time than now to start a much needed winning run  

A goal scoring draw or a narrow binos victory the most likely outcome for now. 

I think Roberts has been bang average, which I suppose is better than the majority of Rice's summer signings.

He has good energy and makes some half decent runs, but his passing is poor.

Still Saturday would be just the time to go on a lung bursting run and put it in the top corner.

Win or go Rice, win or go.

Edited by Magic Hat

Have to say that was my first impression of Roberts for Alloa in the Kev Cawley testimonial, a lot of running about but not great in possession. Perhaps harsh when he was against superb ball players like Holmes, McCord (and Gaz Fleming pinging the ball about too) but the contrast was pretty striking that day. He does bring loads of energy and has had some fine games driving from midfield but that's balanced out  by the rest. I suppose if he was better on the ball to go with the energy he'd have been playing for better teams. Don't think he starts if we're injury free. 

The previous two encounters against Stirling were very poor matches but Stirling deserved to win on the basis that they were well organised and made the most of what they had, unlike Alloa. Two victories for Darren Young. Was really disappointing that Stirling looked like they wanted it more in both games too. I'm not surprised that they've dropped off a bit of late as the squad still doesn't look great on paper, but being well organised and spirited will still be enough to keep them up comfortably. 

As for Alloa, our performance at Falkirk was abysmal and we didn't actually play all that well in the win against Kelty either. Have to hope some of the more creative options are available this weekend as there were signs of some progress in the two games before Kelty. Say this every week but there are enough good players there to make a really decent League One side if used effectively. We've shown we can win games even without using them particularly effectively too but that also depends on the keeper and defence not giving away gifts - which has been happening pretty regularly. 

So all in all, another classic in prospect 😁

13 hours ago, Waspie said:

bring loads of energy and has had some fine games driving from midfield but that's balanced out  by the rest. I suppose if he was better on the ball to go with the energy he'd have been playing for better teams. Don't think he starts if we're injury free. 

As for Alloa, our performance at Falkirk was abysmal and we didn't actually play all that well in the win against Kelty either.

Wee bit harsh on Kurtis for me think he shades Hetherington as most consistent performer this season. The two often are against an extra player and they've both had great contributions doing a difficult job.

I would say it was a very drab game against Kelty - they've got a bit of a control mentality where the keep the ball and it slowed the game right down. Normally the time of the highlights is a good indicator of how exciting a game was (or one-sided if it's 8 minutes on Saturday) 

I'd expect Stirling to be a drab game too. They tend to be combative but not necessarily free-flowing and barring a couple good showings we're a bit toothless. That being said 3 in 3 for Roy and possibly a returning Scougall making an impact would be nice to see. I even hear Donnelly is running again. Wales is definitely overdue a goal too and Rodden was 1 goal every 69 minutes before Falkirk. He had a blank 45... surely means we'll lead  within 24 minutes? 🙃

Edited by LeodhasXD

11 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd expect Stirling to be a drab game too. They tend to be combative but not necessarily free-flowing and barring a couple good showings we're a bit toothless. That being said 3 in 3 for Roy and possibly a returning Scougall making an impact would be nice to see. I even hear Donnelly is running again. Wales is definitely overdue a goal too and Rodden was 1 goal every 69 minutes before Falkirk. He had a blank 45... surely means we'll lead  within 14 minutes? 🙃

Bad Math GIFs | Tenor

With his red card on Saturday, I'm assuming Josh Cooper will now be suspended for this match. This is a bit of a blow for us, as I honestly think Josh has played well over the past month or so and he's looked a good creative player for us. This obviously gives Jack Leitch an opportunity to get back in after his injury, and we all know how good a player Jack can be, although I don't think we have witnessed too much of that so far this season. It'll be interesting to see if we now lose something with creativity in the middle of the park of if Jack can rediscover the form that has made him something of a fans favourite.