Stirling v Alloa K Roberts hero or villan

Much better balance to the team today and a good performance. On his return Roy once again linked things up very well and while Coulson was in and out of it he did brilliant work for the opener. PJ looked a bit uncertain for one corner in first half but otherwise very solid and seemed to settle the whole defence. Hetherington and Roberts got through a lot of work in the middle too. Was nice to see Buchanan get his goal as he worked hard as well. 

Only thing you could fault them for was not killing the game much earlier, it should have been done by half-time. Wales will be kicking himself for his miss but the work he did to set himself up for that was a sign of what he can do. Hopefully once he gets a goal plenty more will follow.

Been saying it all season but there is no excuse for our poor performances so far given we have plenty of really good L1 players. We've dropped so many points to teams who don't have that quality. Manager needs to stick with roughly what he had today and fit Scougall and Donnelly in as they reach fitness. Easily good enough for the play-offs if he keeps it simple. 

Really should have had that done and dusted at half time , Goal a game Roy doing what he does to settle any doubts though, 

Stevie H having one of his best games for us since returning I M O . 

A good response to last week but we still lack that wee bit of confidence in front of goal .

PJ making a welcome return and a better defensive display 

onward and upwards !  ( Hopefully )  🙂

Edited by Vegetableman

That was an amateurish performance against an Alloa side well up for it.  We weren't.  Slack defending, little creativity, hit and hope punts, no punch up front.  largely because of the midfield disfunction.  It wasn't a pretty sight.

I really don't see what Hilson and Milne bring to the side. Certainly don't think either are better than Danny Denholm.

Moore should be starting games. He gives us width, pace and a decent cross. We need to put defenders on the back foot. Although, I thought Dunsmore did a decent job and was surprised to see him hooked.

Alloa deserved the points but, they're goal aside, they really didn't show much in the second half. 

Edited by headthebaw

Aye, it's a bit of a bugger for her and she's not able to do much at all. From an entirely selfish point of view hopefully in a few weeks she'll be able to do a bit more and I'll be able to get back to watching and playing football. At my age I'm really going to feel it if I don't play for 6 weeks - particularly as I rely in being able to run to make up for the fact that I'm otherwise utter shite.

On 01/11/2023 at 14:29, BB_Bino said:

Not sure I know anyone who was disappointed to see Kurtis leave Forthbank, he was pretty average during his time here I would say, yes he had the occasional moment but generally he was pretty "meh" in my opinion. He was given the opportunity of League 1 football at Clyde so took it, and you can't blame the lad for that, but even Clyde fans on here were, by and large, saying they weren't fussed if he stayed or went in the summer.

Haven’t read any further in the thread than this post but I think the majority of Clyde fans would say he was one of few the shining lights in a rubbish Clyde team. I think any indifference to him leaving was more due to the fact it was obvious we were never going to keep him once we were relegated.

4 hours ago, SReplay said:

Haven’t read any further in the thread than this post but I think the majority of Clyde fans would say he was one of few the shining lights in a rubbish Clyde team. I think any indifference to him leaving was more due to the fact it was obvious we were never going to keep him once we were relegated.

Kurtis was playing in a crap side here too. He could have off days, but he worked like a Trojan. I thought letting him go was a mistake.

We looked much more like a team yesterday. Fighting for the ball, getting the tackles in and some nice football to boot. Unlucky not to have scored more but that win and performance was much needed. We were there in decent numbers and was nice to see the boys come over and acknowledge the support after the game. 
Hopefully this can be the start of a decent run, with some vital games coming up. 
Going forward I’d like to see Roy and Rodden start and see how they work together. Wales has had a decent run but no goals from a striker isn’t good enough for me. Give him a few sub appearances to run at tiring defences and see if he can get off the mark. 

On 03/11/2023 at 13:05, WattersIsGod said:

Current weather forecast looks good for the terracing.

Yet to see us lose from that vantage point so hopefully brings a bit of luck.

Looking forward to this.

Did you sit in the stand  ?

On 05/11/2023 at 09:43, BFTD said:

The young team certainly seemed like they had a good time yesterday  :P

They certainly did - they decamped around 4.30!  So much for their support of the team.  They were only interested in baiting the Alloa fans at the end of the East Stand fans and even this was nipped in the bud when the stewards insisted that they congregate in the centre of the terracing.  They slunk away with barely a murmur.  Why doesn't this spotty horde of immature adolescents wear any team colours and lend vocal support to the team rather than hurling childish insults at away fans?

Some of them were behaving in a disorderly and threatening way in the town centre afterwards.  The occupants of four police vehicles converged on Friars Street at 5.45 to ensure that things did not get out of hand.  There were other police officers outside the rail station monitoring things.  I did not witness any bother from Alloa fans and credit to them for that.  The same cannot be said for the youths who purport to support SAFC.

They have had enough warnings from the club - it is time for them to be excluded.

8 hours ago, Red Watch said:

They certainly did - they decamped around 4.30!  So much for their support of the team.  They were only interested in baiting the Alloa fans at the end of the East Stand fans and even this was nipped in the bud when the stewards insisted that they congregate in the centre of the terracing.  They slunk away with barely a murmur.  Why doesn't this spotty horde of immature adolescents wear any team colours and lend vocal support to the team rather than hurling childish insults at away fans?

Some of them were behaving in a disorderly and threatening way in the town centre afterwards.  The occupants of four police vehicles converged on Friars Street at 5.45 to ensure that things did not get out of hand.  There were other police officers outside the rail station monitoring things.  I did not witness any bother from Alloa fans and credit to them for that.  The same cannot be said for the youths who purport to support SAFC.

They have had enough warnings from the club - it is time for them to be excluded.

Maybe give some of them a game instead 

20 hours ago, Red Watch said:

Has there been any word from the police on this?