DAFC vs DUFC - Friday Night Lights

Pretty ridiculous that Sharp pulls off a cracking save that was pretty identical to the one Mehmet flogged in the first half and then only goes and outdoes Mehmet with a shitshow of his own. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

We had plenty games like that in League 1. League winners get wins out of games where they are sluggish and not at their best. 

Looking forward to the Pub Team fans coming along to say we lost that on purpose so their team don’t win the league. 

They’re not winning it anyway.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Despite what you hear from the BBC, Mochrie didn’t do too much in a Pars shirt, but he was alright. Awk well, I did say to the Mrs he would win it for them purely based on the fact he played for us. 

Can’t really ask for much more from the team. It’s the goalkeepers that have let us down tonight. 

Bet you’d take him next season if he was available though, eh.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pretty ridiculous that Sharp pulls off a cracking save that was pretty identical to the one Mehmet flogged in the first half and then only goes and outdoes Mehmet with a shitshow of his own. 

It’s been the story of our season. The games where we should have got more points, we chucked them because of cataclysmic errors from one individual or the goalkeeper. It’s so frustrating as we have a good team that falls on its sword because of one or two brain farts. League winners get away with having those brain farts though as they find ways to get around them.

3rd or 4th is definitely achievable, but given the batshit crazy nature of this league, consolidating our Championship status and building for next season will do for me. 

Thought we were decent enough tonight. Played some nice football and matched the team that were two divisions above us not so long ago. The individual error count is horrendous though. Otoo is perfect example of this: big, strong, athletic, decent game but every so often does something really fucking dumb. Mehmet same. Chalmers ditto. McCann, etc. 

Hey ho. Onto next game. Guys need to try and keep heads up. 

Poor performance but incredible determination.  The subbies made a big difference this game whereas the same three players came on in the game against ICT and offered nothing - strange game football.

Also, cracking crowd for a televised game on a cold Friday night.  Kudos to both sets of fans.

9 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Ref was fine

We should have had a penalty and Moult should have been sent off. Other than that, aye, absolutely sound performance.  

Not that it matters anyway. Individual errors cost us that game, not the ref. 

Get Sharp so far to f*ck, and when he gets there, tell him to go even further. He’s as much use as an inflatable dartboard. The very definition of popadom hands. 

Well I have to say that I think we ran them close. I haven’t read this thread since yesterday afternoon, so I don’t know what’s been covered.
One of my Falkirk supporting pals, a couple of Hibs pals, and my brother who all watched the game on telly, all claim we should have had two penalties. I was at the game so didn’t have the benefit of replays and couldn’t really tell at the time because of where I was sitting, but you better believe I was shouting for them none the less. 
As us Pars fans are aware after last season league leaders can grind out results against the toughest teams on the day, and that’s what happened last night, so well done Utd. 
On a positive note for the Pars, I feel we gave a really good account of ourselves, and I for one can see that we are improving. Getting Kane and Matty back last night was a huge plus for us, and you just know these guys will improve our fortunes when they get up to speed and we’ll be even better when our defensive line is back fit again. 
Dundee Utd looked really dangerous when they attacked in numbers last night, and I’ll grudgingly admit they deserved their three points by once again beating what was in front of them. 
So we move to our next game against ICT at home, and we’ll be a wee bit stronger with what we should consider our two new players in the team, and to be honest I fancy our chances more in this one.