Mighty QP v The streets of Raith

12 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The bollocks on Ross Millen, given he has done panenka penalties in the past, to go and do it against a former team. I'd imagine there were a few Queens Park fans who were screaming that they knew what was coming. 

Yes indeed you are spot on. I was telling everyone around me he was going to Panenka it. The bigger the pressure, the greater the glory the more likely Ross will go for the Panenka 

Edited by Tangled web

1 minute ago, Tangled web said:

Yes indeed you are spot on. I was telling everyone around me he was going to Panelka it. The bigger the pressure, the greater the glory the more likely Ross will go for the Panelka 

I'm fucking glad he did, just scenes at the end

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

What a team performance to fight back with 10 men. Need to see the red card and penalty decisions again but absolute scenes at the end. QPFC must hate playing us, that’s twice we’ve done them at the death.  Enjoyable day out in Glasgow too. Respect to any Glaswegians who choose to support QPFC or any of the non old firm clubs. 

Like you need to see why a red was flashed as where we were and distance from the pitch it looked like a full blooded tackle which merited a yellow

Interesting that ref only flashed the red after being called over by his assistant

Anyway,what a fight back when it looked like we were down and out.We have our faults but their character,fight and effort cannot be questioned.Something a wee bit special about the team,manager and club in general this year.Scenes after the penalty were classic

Not long home and away to scoff a pizza washed down with a few beers

Queens Park had provided my son's Primary School with tickets for this one, and honestly that is the most dramatic game I'll go to this year.

Absolute sickener for the home side, but what a game.

ETA - He's already talking about going back to see Queens Park. Great move by the club, and really hope it wins some more fans.

Edited by Estragon

23 minutes ago, Estragon said:

ETA - He's already talking about going back to see Queens Park. Great move by the club, and really hope it wins some more fans.

Anything to keep the kids away from the arse cheeks gets my vote every day

29 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Brilliant, glad he enjoyed it.  Credit where credit Is due, there's a lot that QP get wrong, mainly on the administrative side, but the free tickets for schools is the exception that proves the rule

Just seen a photo on FB of the away fans.

Why were the Raith fans on the other side of the stand to where we were when we visited earlier in the season? Have the home fans changed sides now for some reason?

Also, did any Raith fans walk by Lesser and think what a joke it is?

I was fortunate to have been in the City Stadium, as it's now known, for pre match hospitality and got a wee tour. The pitch alone cost a huge amount of money. I'm not at liberty to say how much but it's eye watering. It's the latest state of the art artificial and grass mixed apparently. I was also shown the home dressing room. The one Scotland use for all pre match training which takes place on the pitch. Not too large a room but the room is apparently based on the one that Spurs have. There's even a machine to heat the leather of the boots so that they can be moulded to the players feet! No, don't ask, for it baffles me too!

It's a tidy little ground and just lacks a bit of development at each end. I wouldn't be too surprised if QP are back there next season. No more can I say without breaching the 5th amendment 🫣

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I saw the sign, "The City Stadium", which if not ironic is a terrible name considering it holds less that Jackio's used have on a Saturday night,

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just seen a photo on FB of the away fans.

Why were the Raith fans on the other side of the stand to where we were when we visited earlier in the season? Have the home fans changed sides now for some reason?

Both sets of fans shoe horned into 2 or 3 sections

Had a keek through the gates at lesser pre-match,gob smackingly bad

9 minutes ago, embow said:

There's even a machine to heat the leather of the boots so that they can be moulded to the players feet! No, don't ask, for it baffles me too!

I totally get this. 

Went from the comfort of Nike Mercurial to Adidas Speedportal 3.

The Adidas felt like some medieval torture technique and were swiftly returned as I'm a diddy amateur bereft of patience and a boot heating machine. 

22 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

That's the sort of thing Rod Stewart would build in his front garden.

5 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I saw the sign, "The City Stadium", which if not ironic is a terrible name considering it holds less that Jackio's used have on a Saturday night,

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Both sets of fans shoe horned into 2 or 3 sections

Had a keek through the gates at lesser pre-match,gob smackingly bad

Queen's Park apparently aspire to be in the Premiership but have built a ground that is League 1 at best. 

Their plan was seemingly to use Lesser was 'regular' league games then use Hampden for games against Sevco and Celtic, selling circa 45k tickets 3/4 times a season at minimum (depending on fixtures and where they'd theoretically finish).

A total nonsense. Hopefully the SFA would tell them bolt should Queen's ever get promotion. They already make Queen's play games on a Friday if Hampden is needed midweek.

The Queen's board have absolutely rinsed their fanbase. They sold Hampden for a total steal and have somehow spent years trying to build a ridiculously tiny ground (aside from East Fife and Dumbarton, who have one stand, I think Lesssr would be be the smallest capacity ground in the SPFL) that they can't use yet, so they're paying the SFA to use Hampden.

In effect they've basically made a really good training ground the national teams for the SFA at either little cost or no cost when the total of all their rent is added up, all to end up with a terrible ground with a ridiculously limited capacity, which limits their growth too. 

Yikes.

Not long back in from a brilliant day out in Glasgow. At 1-2 down I was thinking how the officials had stolen the game from us when Hamilton stuck that header in. When he's fully fit he's going to be an asset given the number of  other headers he won. And then Millen's big brass balls with the Panenka penalty.

This team does not know when it's beaten and I'm struggling to remember a better time to be a Rover since the mid 90's.

Edited by bagpuss
missed a word out