Mighty QP v The streets of Raith

Whoever the QP number 5 is (edit, I looked, its Fox, he's shite), he's got a hard neck shouting at anyone else for Hamiltons equaliser, he drifted away from him so easily. Also, we should probably file that penalty in the "dubious" category. Wasn't a lot of contact and certainly no contact that would have swept his legs away like that. Great penalty though. 

Finally, there is a clip between the two QP goals where one of their lads tries and fails at a back heel and instantly fakes injury as the reason he didn't manage to do a fairly simple task, quality. 

Edited by CountryBumpkin
Found the name of the pish defender

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Whoever the QP number 5 is (edit, I looked, its Fox, he's shite), he's got a hard neck shouting at anyone else for Hamiltons equaliser, he drifted away from him so easily. Also, we should probably file that penalty in the "dubious" category. Wasn't a lot of contact and certainly no contact that would have swept his legs away like that. Great penalty though. 

Finally, there is a clip between the two QP goals where one of their lads tries and fails at a back heel and instantly fakes injury as the reason he didn't manage to do a fairly simple task, quality. 

Their 2nd goal was absolutely criminal from our part Paton was unmarked in the box the only guy Thomas could aim for realistically and no one picks him up….. but the keeper could’ve been more confident and came out n claimed it he hesitated and he got megged. 

but the ball for Hamiltons goal was good but you’re right he totally lost fox and had a free header at goal 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Their 2nd goal was absolutely criminal from our part Paton was unmarked in the box the only guy Thomas could aim for realistically and no one picks him up….. but the keeper could’ve been more confident and came out n claimed it he hesitated and he got megged. 

but the ball for Hamiltons goal was good but you’re right he totally lost fox and had a free header at goal 

Yeah it wasn't great. I think Kev thought his defenders would get something on the ball and that stopped him coming out but he was unlucky. Paton is a very good finisher in the box. 

12 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

A total liability. Eased off the ball repeatedly like he's a primary schools player playing against adults. Paton would have better off turning and blootering the ball out the park instead of passing to him.

This was a key turning point in the game. It gave Raith encouragement and started the counter attack that led to the Raith equaliser. 

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Whoever the QP number 5 is (edit, I looked, its Fox, he's shite), he's got a hard neck shouting at anyone else for Hamiltons equaliser, he drifted away from him so easily.

Good movement and Fox should do way better - but there’s absolutely zero pressure on that  cross going in. When Veldman has a dig about this being men’s football it’s the likes of Healy that needs to take that on board. 

1 hour ago, It is our time to shine said:

This was a key turning point in the game. It gave Raith encouragement and started the counter attack that led to the Raith equaliser. 

For fs the amount of blame he is getting for losing that game is incomprehensible. Yes he should have done better, his shot was blocked then Raith go on the counter but that ball should have been dealt with before Raith scored. 

I go back to my point about consistency. 

Please remove the blinkers. 

31 minutes ago, MattyD said:

For fs the amount of blame he is getting for losing that game is incomprehensible. Yes he should have done better, his shot was blocked then Raith go on the counter but that ball should have been dealt with before Raith scored. 

I go back to my point about consistency. 

Please remove the blinkers. 

I just think that a BM loanee from.a European giant should be running the show. Stealing the highlights and being the star week in week out. Instead he loses the ball too often ( all season)  and gets pushed off the ball like a 16 year old schoolboy. ( all season) so it wasn't his fault that Queens Park lost that game but his contribution is poor considering the talent potential......but maybe my expectation of a BM under 19 is unreasonable.....

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Queen's Park apparently aspire to be in the Premiership but have built a ground that is League 1 at best. 

Their plan was seemingly to use Lesser was 'regular' league games then use Hampden for games against Sevco and Celtic, selling circa 45k tickets 3/4 times a season at minimum (depending on fixtures and where they'd theoretically finish).

A total nonsense. Hopefully the SFA would tell them bolt should Queen's ever get promotion. They already make Queen's play games on a Friday if Hampden is needed midweek.

The Queen's board have absolutely rinsed their fanbase. They sold Hampden for a total steal and have somehow spent years trying to build a ridiculously tiny ground (aside from East Fife and Dumbarton, who have one stand, I think Lesssr would be be the smallest capacity ground in the SPFL) that they can't use yet, so they're paying the SFA to use Hampden.

In effect they've basically made a really good training ground the national teams for the SFA at either little cost or no cost when the total of all their rent is added up, all to end up with a terrible ground with a ridiculously limited capacity, which limits their growth too. 

Yikes.

Absolutely no idea what the QPFC boards plan was with Lesser Hampden and neither do they it seems. As you say ambition to play top flight football but build a stadium smaller than East Fifes one stand. Surely they need a minimum of 6000 capacity if they want top flight (I know it’s not a rule anymore but anything less is not fit for purpose at that level). The move Celtic and Rangers games to Hampden should be a total non starter too, your ground is your ground. I also can’t see the other clubs being ok with a small away allocation while the Old Firm get 40,000+ and QPFC give up home advantage for them. 

It was great to see QPFC finally go professional but they really need to sort their board out before they piss away the money they got from selling Hampden.  Lesser should have been a simple stadium initially build two seated stands on either side and if they get up add two terraces behind the goals.  As Scotlands oldest club I’ve got a soft spot for QPFC and their interesting history so hopefully they get their stadium sorted soon as Lesser currently looks a total waste of money that’ll need to be rebuilt if they go up. 

16 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

Ewen Murray sent off, not quite sure why. 

At the time I thought the Murray red card was a bit harsh (it looked from my angle he got the ball) but from watching the highlights it’s a clear red. The linesman actually did a good job of highlighting it to the ref. 

Edited by mrpaddyx

6 minutes ago, It is our time to shine said:

I just think that a BM loanee from.a European giant should be running the show. Stealing the highlights and being the star week in week out. Instead he loses the ball too often ( all season)  and gets pushed off the ball like a 16 year old schoolboy. ( all season) so it wasn't his fault that Queens Park lost that game but his contribution is poor considering the talent potential......but maybe my expectation of a BM under 19 is unreasonable.....

He’s hardly lost the ball the games I’ve watched. In fact, he’s very good at keeping the ball and his passes are almost always accurate. He takes risks going forward as should be expected with any attacking player and that might mean possession is lost (like yesterday). But I’d take that any day before negative backwards play.  
His contribution hasn’t been poor, his form has dipped but you can’t say his contribution is poor when he’s contributed to more goals and assists than most….

18 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Absolutely no idea what the QPFC boards plan was with Lesser Hampden and neither do they it seems. As you say ambition to play top flight football but build a stadium smaller than East Fifes one stand. Surely they need a minimum of 6000 capacity if they want top flight (I know it’s not a rule anymore but anything less is not fit for purpose at that level). The move Celtic and Rangers games to Hampden should be a total non starter too, your ground is your ground. I also can’t see the other clubs being ok with a small away allocation while the Old Firm get 40,000+ and QPFC give up home advantage for them. 

It was great to see QPFC finally go professional but they really need to sort their board out before they piss away the money they got from selling Hampden.  Lesser should have been a simple stadium initially build two seated stands on either side and if they get up add two terraces behind the goals.  As Scotlands oldest club I’ve got a soft spot for QPFC and their interesting history so hopefully they get their stadium sorted soon as Lesser currently looks a total waste of money that’ll need to be rebuilt if they go up. 

I think they knew exactly what they were doing, even if they kept it quiet. As soon as it became clear that moving back into Hampden was going to be an option, there was no point in spending more money to increase the capacity of Lesser. I'll be amazed if any additional stands are built, or if it ever actually becomes our home ground barring us potentially ending up back down in League Two or something one day.

1 hour ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Good movement and Fox should do way better - but there’s absolutely zero pressure on that  cross going in. When Veldman has a dig about this being men’s football it’s the likes of Healy that needs to take that on board. 

The defensive shape is absolutely mad. There are four Queens midfielders spread across the span of Easton and Stanton, about fifteen yards. Ten yards to the right, from a defensive viewpoint, not only is Scott McGill not picked up, he's got a full channel of clean air to run into. Once that mistake is made, there's only a vague attempt to stop him getting onto his right foot. It's so, so lazy (mentally, as much as anything) to give him that chance to cross with his left foot. 

49 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Same 

Know the feeling though, couple of years back at home to Inverness winning 2-1 with a minute left and lost 3-2. It happens. How it’s happened to you’s both times against us mind you, well….🤷‍♂️😂

However bad you are feeling this morning Queens fans, I’m feeling worse. Had planned to go but wasn’t feeling great so didn’t bother. 
So not only did I miss yet another incredible late comeback from this incredible team, I’ve got my daughter moaning at me for not taking her through 😜

The highlights make great viewing though, some of the moves in the first half in particular were a joy to watch.
The red card was absolutely the correct decision, and will put us in a bit of bother for 2 games.  
The penalty….. let’s just say if there was VAR in the championship that decision would have been overturned. 
Fantastic cross from McGill for the equaliser and ridiculous composure from Millen for the winner. 

I love this team 😍

Steeled myself this morning to watch the highlights and still scratching my head as to how that game was thrown away.

On the positive side our youngsters went toe to toe with an experienced side for 80mins and made a game of it.  Frustratingly goal shy at times where we don't pull the trigger in the box and defensively soft.  Good bit of skill from Vaughn for the first goal so no complaints there but the second is a howler. Healy out of position and gives up the chase leaving Rovers a free cross. Charlie and Tommy both left Hamilton with acres of space. Is touch tight marking a thing of the past?  The pen looked soft but was well taken.

That's six points we have thrown away against Raith. As for Queens we can't keep throwing on youngsters who haven't played for months into high pressure situations against veteran teams and expect them to cope let alone thrive.  As tired as they were we should have kept Thomas and McPherson on for longer.

Edited by Stuntiethumper