Mighty QP v The streets of Raith

Struggling to remember assistants getting involved in the game outwith them sticking their flag up for offside or for a throw in so why the Ref who obviously saw the incident clearly and  decides  Murray merited a yellow then takes advice from his assistant and changes it to a red

Assistant the human VAR

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Struggling to remember assistants getting involved in the game outwith them sticking their flag up for offside or for a throw in so why the Ref who obviously saw the incident clearly and  decides  Murray merited a yellow then takes advice from his assistant and changes it to a red

Assistant the human VAR

Yeah was annoyed at this at the time, yeah Murray goes in rash but didn’t think anything other than a yellow at the time. I’ll admit watching it back it probably did merit a red. But like you say, sometimes the Linesman won’t even get involved in a foul that’s right in front of them…It must be down to the referee who’ll either say, challenge me if you see something, or stick to offsides/throw ins. 

22 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Steeled myself this morning to watch the highlights and still scratching my head as to how that game was thrown away.

On the positive side our youngsters went toe to toe with an experienced side for 80mins and made a game of it.  Frustratingly goal shy at times where we don't pull the trigger in the box and defensively soft.  Good bit of skill from Vaughn for the first goal so no complaints there but the second is a howler. Healy out of position and gives up the chase leaving Rovers a free cross. Charlie and Tommy both left Hamilton with acres of space. Is touch tight marking a thing of the past?  The pen looked soft but was well taken.

That's six points we have thrown away against Raith. As for Queens we can't keep throwing on youngsters who haven't played for months into high pressure situations against veteran teams and expect them to cope let alone thrive.  As tired as they were we should have kept Thomas and McPherson on for longer.

TBF theres nearly always elements of mistakes when a team loses goals.

For both Queens goals its poor marking on our account with the first fortunate the rebound landed at the players feet..

Murrays substitutions won us the game,bringing on players who haven,t played for weeks

Just seen the highlights there. 

It's a straight red every day of the week. 

Poor defending from us for both Queens goals. 

Poor defending from Queens for Hamiltons goal. 

Gullan has gone looking for that penalty and i'd be raging if it was against us. 

That said its a win when we needed a win despite everything and you can't quantify what that does for the mindset of the squad. 

12 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

For both Queens goals its poor marking on our account with the first fortunate the rebound landed at the players feet..

Murrays substitutions won us the game,bringing on players who haven,t played for weeks

Indeed but our subs were 18, 19 and 20 years old. That was the key difference in the last 10mins. Men against boys unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I don't have it in me to go back and watch them all again, but I would be willing to bet that well over half of the goals we've conceded this season have been due to entirely avoidable, silly, individual errors. They have been so, so costly.

2 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

At the time I thought the Murray red card was a bit harsh (it looked from my angle he got the ball) but from watching the highlights it’s a clear red. The linesman actually did a good job of highlighting it to the ref. 

Likewise. I was annoyed by it at the time but looking at it again it was a red. Ian Murray also had no issue with it post-match.

A very rash challenge that did merit a Red card, but at no point was a punch thrown, so where the hell that came from is anybody's guess, a blind Chic Young or even blinder lino, as for the penalty the ref was given a decision to make rightly or wrongly he gave it .......... raging if it was against us though

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

😂  Just re watched the final five minutes. Very funny to hear Johnny, the co commentator when Millen places the ball in a panic going "he's... He's not going to panenka this?". 

That's Jim Clark on co-comms, BA.

Top man. Would be an excellent guest on your podcast. 

Still scunnered after that yesterday.

Thought it was a pretty even game at 0-1, the (deserved) red card changed everything and for 15 minutes after that we dominated and got two well taken goals, with some great assists from Thomas.

Instead of going for a third and killing the game we made changes and it destroyed the momentum we had. Fox and Robson combined to be at fault for the equaliser, and the penalty is an absolute sickener, but rather than argue about whether it was a dive or not I'd rather argue about why we found ourselves in that position. 

Four points from our last 10 games with a -12 goal difference in that period. f**k all the talk of projects and journeys, without something changing there's only one place we're heading.

5 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I don't have it in me to go back and watch them all again, but I would be willing to bet that well over half of the goals we've conceded this season have been due to entirely avoidable, silly, individual errors. They have been so, so costly.

Pretty sure thats applicable  for most teams though

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Have to agree with the Spiders fans who are moaning about the subs.  Dom Thomas (Townie cnut) was tearing us a new one down the wing, and he gets hooked?

Gives us the same treatment as he did at Starks, and then disappeared as he did then too.  Was hoping he would come back out to get his totties!  

Unbelievable game.  Changed by subs.  Fantastic by Rovers, questionable by QP!

Not much between the teams except perhaps a bit of psychology/confidence.