St. Johnstone v Ross County

Pretty straightforward win. County are not very good at the technical side of the game so it was nice to see Saints pass around them at times. The referee has again had some baffling decisions, just glad it never effected the game too much. If Saints can keep the fourteen actual footballers they have at the club fit then we should be okay. Just need to get rid of the Crawford's and McPhersons et al. and replace with real footballers.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Two goal laden sides clash at a sun drenched McDiarmid Park on a stunning cold clear winter’s afternoon…

3-2 Saints in an end to end classic.

Can see the tv pundits interrupting their half time chat at the Celtic and rangers games  tomorrow to discuss this, and re-run some of the goals. 

Called it. 

A stunning sun-drenched afternoon.

A dogged performance low in quality but a brilliant 3 points. Absolutely solid in our defending and a great goal. Defence were very good and thought Phillips had some good moments.

Delighted for Carey, must have been quite an emotional feeling with everything going on right now.

Nice to see May play his part in the win and setting up the goal. He still can be quality when the game stretches a bit and he gets space to play in. Cracking finish from Carey.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Pretty straightforward win. County are not very good at the technical side of the game so it was nice to see Saints pass around them at times. The referee has again had some baffling decisions, just glad it never effected the game too much. If Saints can keep the fourteen actual footballers they have at the club fit then we should be okay. Just need to get rid of the Crawford's and McPhersons et al. and replace with real footballers.

Adding a quality player at either end of the park in January and keeping everyone fit as you say and we could push towards top six. 

There’s so many poor/ inconsistent sides around that you don’t have to be outstanding to climb the table; just organised, hard working and with a goal threat.

Hopefully Clark’s injury isn’t serious.

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Winning 1-0 in a turgid game of few clear cut chances. That felt delightfully Tommy Wright to me. 

Was my first thought when FT happened. A poor first half, but as the second half went on only one team was winning it. 

44 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

3 of our bookings were a fucking joke. Ref needs to have a good look at himself. 

The May one in particular was baffling. Not even convinced it was a foul.

Terrible game but as others of said only really looked like saints were going to go on and win it second half. Need better options at wing back to make the current shape work in an offensive sense though. Smith looks like a class act and having good three central midfielders to choose from helps massively. Few players away still but at least looking competent. Looked much better defensively but that might be down to county as much as anything 

59 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Cool, cool. So if this continues then the only thing keeping County off the bottom is goal difference.

Someone let me know when I'm allowed to be unhappy with this. At least Livingston are playing Rangers tomorrow so will probably lose.

Wasn't at the game due to health issues. However there is no two ways about it, that was a fucking terrible result!!! Every right to be furious with that!

I could have accepted a high scoring loss, at least it would have showed County had a real go, exactly what I tried to convey when I began the thread. Also no offence to St. Johnstone at all, new manager or not, County shouldn't be losing there. Pathetic!

i'm sure Levein will go on to be a success over the coming months, I do rate him highly as a manager. Can see them sign some good players in Jan, yet for now it's still the same mediocre/crap team, he hasn't signed anyone yet. No excuses really.

The only positive thing going in County's favour is the tightness of the league. Even after that shocking result, bizarrely still only 7 points of 4th place! Imagine if they somehow went on a winning run. Yet, just can't see it though.

With yet another international break ahead Georgia v Scotland (Thu 16th Nov, 5pm ko) and Scotland v Norway (Sunday 19th Nov, 7:45pm ko), next match is Kimarnock at home next Saturday, 25th Nov.

While I intend going, I'm not confident at all. Have had my own issues with gambling, but an 'away win' feels like a definite here! Then home again to St. Mirren (Tue 28th Nov 7:45pm ). 0 points from those game and the pressue to sack Malky will begin I reckon.

Then on Sat 2nd Dec, Livingston away followed by Motherwell home at (Tue 5th Dec). Crucial matches coming up basically...

2 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Also no offence to St. Johnstone at all, new manager or not, County shouldn't be losing there. Pathetic!

i'm sure Levein will go on to be a success over the coming months, I do rate him highly as a manager. Can see them sign some good players in Jan, yet for now it's still the same mediocre/crap team, he hasn't signed anyone yet. No excuses really.

I take it this just bad trolling?

In midfield you lads were signing Allardice and Turner this Summer while we signed a boy who'd been playing in the Europa League and a Welsh International. 

1 minute ago, Sonam said:

Wasn't at the game due to health issues.

Also no offence to St. Johnstone at all, new manager or not, County shouldn't be losing there.

Pathetic!

Is there a cure for being a self entitled c**t?

I agree with your last point though, County and almost all connected are pathetic.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Is there a cure for being a self entitled c**t?

I agree with your last point though, County and almost all connected are pathetic.

Self entitled, pehaps I am. Who cares, I don't! Thought you'd be happy with a victory and securing a decent manager. Been a good week for Saints all in all.

Wasn't meaning to cause any offence to Saints fans. Just frustrated really, as Saints haven't exactly been playing well so far this season and this was a match I hoped for more. 

1-0 is hardly a very convincing victory though is it? Looking at the stats on BBC County had 56% possession, 2 shots on target compared to Saints 3, wow!

10-8 shots off target (to Saints). Of course, this was a winnable game for County. Despite our bad form. 

Saints will stay up, Levein like I said is decent. Good fixture for me normally as easier to get too. Feels like I'm on a Dundee forum or something!