East Fife vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/23 at 15:00

If you want to win the league then these are the games you go and win. East Fife have won 2 games all season, both at home to Clyde and Stranraer. Our competitors at the top, Peterhead and Stenny, have both had no problems going there and coming away with comfortable victories. Peterhead are at home to Stranraer and I'll be shocked if that's not a banker home win so I feel a win is important. We're in good form and for the reasons above I voted for a Sons win but there is always that lingering voice in my head that we absolutely Faz it. 

Not sure how we will line up.  Manager made some changes after the cup debacle and it didn't work. Throw in the injuries and its a case of wait and see.

Greig McDonald is under pressure and only 3 points will ease that slightly. We will probably have to score first to have any chance of winning the match.

Edited by Beachcomber

1 hour ago, Beachcomber said:

Not sure how we will line up.  Manager made some changes after the cup debacle and it didn't work. Throw in the injuries and its a case of wait and see.

Greig McDonald is under pressure and only 3 points will ease that slightly. We will probably have to score first to have any chance of winning the match.

Do that and there's a very good chance you will win.

Obviously Greig has a bit to go but I do wonder what the time scale is for Durnan and Wilson being out. I'm sure Wilson had a set back but what a silly signing it's looking to be given he had the injury when he signed up (I'm sure). Durnan is a weird one because he played in a game after being a late fitness test and hasn't featured since. He is a key player (even given our impressive result last week).

As Moonster says above, these are the games that you need to win if you want to be challenging at the top of the table. Unfortunately, we've come up short, far too often, in games exactly like this over the last couple of years... 

2 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Obviously Greig has a bit to go but I do wonder what the time scale is for Durnan and Wilson being out. I'm sure Wilson had a set back but what a silly signing it's looking to be given he had the injury when he signed up (I'm sure). Durnan is a weird one because he played in a game after being a late fitness test and hasn't featured since. He is a key player (even given our impressive result last week).

As Moonster says above, these are the games that you need to win if you want to be challenging at the top of the table. Unfortunately, we've come up short, far too often, in games exactly like this over the last couple of years... 

Faz spoke a bit about Callum last week. He said he's on "buttons" until he's fit to play, but that he thought he was one of the best players we faced last season and felt we had to sign him even knowing his injury.

His first surgery didn't go well, but he said he'll be back in training by next month iirc and "will be like a new signing in January."

On Durnan, it's mainly been precautionary as I understand it. His injury is the same as Michael Ruth had earlier in the year, we played him and it got worse. So it's just been a matter of waiting for a bit of swelling to go down. My brother saw him at the gym the other week, so hopefully he's not far away.

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

We have less chance of coming up short if we field the same starting eleven as last week.  And we need to get at it from the first whistle, these sleepy starts will eventually bite us.

Weird game tomorrow. We should be confident following a very convincing win over Bonnyrigg. Unfortunately we're so inconsistent that you just can't  shake the feeling that we're just as likely to win 2-0 as lose 2-0 tomorrow. Farrell has to stick with the same team and formation as last Saturday,. I know he experimented with a back 3 earlier in the season, but last Saturday we looked organised and comfortable with our set-up. We genuinely looked like a proper team that knew what we were doing.

Settled side and any kind of win and I'll be happy. Farrell starts tinkering and there's every chance we could lose. You just never know what Dumbarton team is turning up at 3pm on any given Saturday.

12 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

2 nil east fife keeping in line with elgin and spartans.We are inconsistant as hell.

That's what worries me. I think Peterhead have won 5 in a row now (likely to be 6 today). We don't look like putting that kind of a run together.