Pars vs ICT - Sat 18th November

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The sides have met 50 times before, Dunfermline winning 11, Inverness 19 with 20 matches having been drawn. In Inverness the record is won 4, lost 10 and drawn 9.

That's pretty much as I'd expect

If I put a bet in Wotherspoon to score any time, I expect Bet365 will pay out as soon as he's confirmed as being in the starting XI. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to expect. Although I don't watch a lot of Inverness, they always seemed to be a better team than the league standings suggests and they've obviously got a bit of form behind them. Also think we're a bit of an odd side capable of wild swings in performance (not unusual given the players we have who are inexperienced at this level or who have had hot and cold spells in this division). Any result wouldn't surprise me, but I'll stay on the fence and predict 1-1. Todd equaliser late on to cancel out Wotherspoon's opener.

On 12/11/2023 at 16:17, Cardle is Magic said:

Mehmet should start if he’s recovered but certainly hasn’t looked the same since he returned. Sharp and Little aren’t serious options though, so we need him to find his best form again.

Is there not a 10 day period you can't play after concussion? Presuming that why he was taken off and we were able to make an extra sub last week.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is there not a 10 day period you can't play after concussion? Presuming that why he was taken off and we were able to make an extra sub last week.

Concussion substitute can be used even if a concussion hasn’t been officially diagnosed tbf. Symptoms is enough. If he’s cleared his tests then no reason he can’t be in full training.

That being said, I’d rather have Mehmet in a full body cast than Sharp.

Been to EEP many a time so quite familiar with the on-street parking and various wee corners but not the official car park.
Suffered a bit of ill-health recently so probably get there early to save a long walk or maybe just use the car park at the ground. Is the car park open to anybody or just members? I assume it costs a fiver or whatever?

Edited by The Mantis

6 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Been to EEP many a time so quite familiar with the on-street parking and various wee corners but not the official car park.
Suffered a bit of ill-health recently so probably get there early to save a long walk or maybe just use the car park at the ground. Is the car park open to anybody or just members? I assume it costs a fiver or whatever?

£2 to park there and I don’t think it’s restricted to home fans. 
The Leys Road car park that you will drive past is free to park in and only a few minutes walk to the ground. 

IMG_1403.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

£2 to park there and I don’t think it’s restricted to home fans. 
The Leys Road car park that you will drive past is free to park in and only a few minutes walk to the ground. 

IMG_1403.jpeg

Cheers for that. Like I say, I’m familiar with Leys Park Rd and all the wee corners including the wee street next to Macklin Motors, Ronaldson I think, but I’ve been quite seriously ill and not planning on walking more than 100m or so. So I’ll get there early and if the Halbeath Rd is too busy the North car park will be fine.

47 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

The Halbeath park and ride could be an option for some travelling fans. Big car park (I’m sure it’s free) and a bus that’ll stop directly opposite the stadium. The down side is the wait until the stadium is empty before they open the street up again, but if you don’t mind the wait it’s an option 

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

In addition to the advice given,  you may find this helpful, even if you wouldn’t describe yourself as disabled the club could probably accommodate you, especially with the east stand not in use 

The Club has 6 dedicated parking spaces for disabled away fans behind the East Stand, spaces can be booked in advance by emailing matthew@dafc.co.uk up to 24 hours before the match. 

https://dafc.co.uk/disabled-information/

3 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Cheers for that. Like I say, I’m familiar with Leys Park Rd and all the wee corners including the wee street next to Macklin Motors, Ronaldson I think, but I’ve been quite seriously ill and not planning on walking more than 100m or so. So I’ll get there early and if the Halbeath Rd is too busy the North car park will be fine.

Hope you’re feeling a bit better now sir 

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

In addition to the advice given,  you may find this helpful, even if you wouldn’t describe yourself as disabled the club could probably accommodate you, especially with the east stand not in use 

The Club has 6 dedicated parking spaces for disabled away fans behind the East Stand, spaces can be booked in advance by emailing matthew@dafc.co.uk up to 24 hours before the match. 

https://dafc.co.uk/disabled-information/

Best to email our SLO andrew@dafc.co.uk or the Disability access officer dao@dafc.co.uk

Or phone the club 01383 724295

As Matt has left the club now.

Not sure what to expect tomorrow. Inverness well on form but that has to end at some point, will it be tomorrow? I bloody hope so. We’ve been gash at times this season but much better in the last three weeks. We never deserved to lose at Raith, could have been out of sight against Morton and should have taken something from Utd last Friday.

Squad looking better with Todd and KRH back although from McPake’s pre match comments it sounds like Bene and Breen are nowhere near a return and Deniz could be touch and go, there’s a 12 day guideline following concussion but it’s symptomatic. He was certainly training one of the days this week so maybe be a decision tomorrow morning.

Summers is a frustrating one, a reoccurring niggle. He’s been in and out but from what I hear he’s one we very much want in. Unfortunately still not seen him play yet.

In two minds if I’ll go tomorrow. Off to Hampden on Sunday for the Norway game so feel I should do the responsible husband/dad thing and not go. Might just get up early and get my chores done… 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Wotherspoon is a stick on to score.

Bit pish that we have a situation where one experienced defender missing causes big problems for us. Hopefully do something about that in the window.

Toothless forwards need rectified too. 

Probably take a point today.