The Diddyship League Title

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

St Mirren having an excellent season and they are still in the race for the title. 

Update when you are ready @johnnydun 

You are correct, closing the gap albeit with a game more played.

Tonight’s Diddyship...

Screenshot_20240302_204121_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ba269fcaad9fd8feaba74c3c766798c9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this has already been covered but I can't be arsed looking. Does the diddyship go into a 4/6 split after Rd 33 meaning teams in the bottom 6 can finish no higher than 5th in the Diddyship??

So teams in the top 6 of the Premiership will play only 30 diddyship games whereas the bottom 6 will play 32. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

5 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I guess this has already been covered but I can't be arsed looking. Does the diddyship go into a 4/6 split after Rd 33 meaning teams in the bottom 6 can finish no higher than 5th in the Diddyship??

So teams in the top 6 of the Premiership will play only 30 diddyship games whereas the bottom 6 will play 32. 

Teams in the bottom half will play 32, yes.

It's so tinpot that I have no idea if it will split.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Dundee move into 3rd place.

Sorry for the late update! Dundee only 4 points off St Mirren with a game in hand. 6th to 9th all very tight.

Screenshot_20240331_192028_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7dc775272bed13de736146b03472bdc7.jpg

Hearts can clinch their second Diddyship in three years with a win over Livingston this weekend.

St Mirren's defeat on Saturday means they're officially out of the running. They trail by 10 points with only 9 available.

Kilmarnock are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. They need to win all four of their remaining games and hope Hearts lose all four of theirs.

Dundee will rule themselves out if they defeat Rangers tomorrow night or Aberdeen on Saturday. Their hopes will also be ended if they draw either of these games and Hibs fail to beat Motherwell.

Hibs also just about remain in the hunt. They will be ruled out if 1) they lose to Motherwell this weekend, or 2) Dundee fail to at least match their points total over the next week.

Screenshot_20240409-133958.png

2 hours ago, DC92 said:

Hearts can clinch their second Diddyship in three years with a win over Livingston this weekend.

St Mirren's defeat on Saturday means they're officially out of the running. They trail by 10 points with only 9 available.

Kilmarnock are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. They need to win all four of their remaining games and hope Hearts lose all four of theirs.

Dundee will rule themselves out if they defeat Rangers tomorrow night or Aberdeen on Saturday. Their hopes will also be ended if they draw either of these games and Hibs fail to beat Motherwell.

Hibs also just about remain in the hunt. They will be ruled out if 1) they lose to Motherwell this weekend, or 2) Dundee fail to at least match their points total over the next week.

Screenshot_20240409-133958.png

If Hibs beat Motherwell and make the top 6 then they’ll only have three diddyship fixtures left they need a Dundee win as well  to give them 15 points to play for 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

18 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If Hibs beat Motherwell and make the top 6 then they’ll only have three diddyship fixtures left they need a Dundee win as well  to give them 15 points to play for 

That's all covered in the last line of my post where I say they need to avoid defeat and for Dundee to at least match their tally before the split.

If they beat Motherwell, they need Dundee to win one of their next two. If they draw, they need Dundee to pick up at least a point in their next two. 

A group of masked fans stormed the main stand at pittodrie last night in protest at letting this title slip away to such a rum club. 

It is said Peter leven was apologising to fans in his office for such an embarrassment. Barry robson has left the country in disgrace until the anger dissipates.