Hearts vs St Johnstone: Craig Levein's return to Tynecastle

Levein's absence from top level Scottish football may not have lasted quite as long as the Beatles absence from the charts but both made headlines by dramatically returning to the spotlight lately and what was once a regular league game now has a sub plot

Levein's Saints were apparently well worth their win against Ross county and the feel good factor around Perth means that demand for tickets has soared to the point where only Saints Season Ticket Holders can be sure of getting briefs to follow their team to Edinburgh

Meanwhile in the Capital spirits have taken a dip after two games against Rangers and one against Celtic where we've struggled to lay a glove on our opponents but while we haven't caused any upsets of late it's also a while since we were on the wrong end of one so measured optimism seems in order. This isn't going to be remembered as one of the  great Hearts sides but it may yet be a good one

From experience a Levein side away to notionally stronger opponents would normally be expected to set up cautiously and defensively but surely he won't take that idea to the extremes that Livingston did the other week. Nonetheless this could be a similar test of patience

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saints win

No thanks.

Naismith sacked

Yes please.

Hearts fans to spend the next 2 months wanting Levein back.

No thanks.

I think Levein will do a good job there. He did a decent job with United, but his all out control methods were possibly a bit less effective at a bigger club. I wish him well in every game that does not affect us.

I predict a narrow Hearts victory with Shankland scoring one and Boyce another. 

2-1 the good guys.

16 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

I think Levein will do a good job there. He did a decent job with United, but his all out control methods were possibly a bit less effective at a bigger club. I wish him well in every game that does not affect us.

I predict a narrow Hearts victory with Shankland scoring one and Boyce another. 

2-1 the good guys.

Bigger club?FB_IMG_1621235258488.jpeg.b8726b0b77c64e0c3a6d22963e2a681c.jpeg

4 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Just had to check the history books there and can confirm Hearts have never won a double.

We have also never had a total diddy like Steven McLe… wait… what? no, never mind :( 

I am missing this one because the missus has a birthday spa weekend. I would have actually quite liked to have gone! 😄

Be nice to see another home win this season, and this seems like one we might just about squeak. 🙄

I dont know why Hearts fans expect anything other than a 1-0 Saints win, McGowan scoring after a Clark howler, with Levein smirking after the game and suggesting himself to replace Naismith.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I share a season ticket with two mates. This match is very much a case of "You take it.". "I couldn't possibly, it's not my turn". "Oh, it can't be my turn again already."

I’m completely torn between thinking this is a dreadful idea and thinking this might be a great idea.

30 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m completely torn between thinking this is a dreadful idea and thinking this might be a great idea.

First season trying it.

Enjoying it so far. It's nice having the obligation to go all the time removed and I reckon I enjoy the games I go to more now.

We've generally agreed who's going when in terms of the big games and there are certain dates we've all booked IN or OUT.

Would recommend.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

First season trying it.

Enjoying it so far. It's nice having the obligation to go all the time removed and I reckon I enjoy the games I go to more now.

We've generally agreed who's going when in terms of the big games and there are certain dates we've all booked IN or OUT.

Would recommend.

Sounds good I just need to find 2 pals before next seasons season tickets go on sale.