Ross County's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Ross County's next permanent manager?  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The sheer lack of rumours floating about is extremely odd. It’s been 4 days and there’s absolutely nothing going around. 

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

On his replacement, I have heard nothing to suggest it won’t be Don Cowie.   Who… isn’t Mackay.  

I'm not sure if Cowie is the answer, I'd really like to hear more reports of Neil Warnock being spotted up north on a fishing trip.

27 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Unfortunately I heard some of KMac's ghastly Sportsound phone-in last night. They had two County fans on and they both were looking for the umpteenth return of Derek Adams.

Are they representative?

I’d like to see an appointment that gives some sense of entertainment value. Alongside his baggage, Mackay was a boring old fart. I want someone to come in and f**k shit up.

Derek Adams fits that bill.

42 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Unfortunately I heard some of KMac's ghastly Sportsound phone-in last night. They had two County fans on and they both were looking for the umpteenth return of Derek Adams.

Are they representative?

He does fit the bill of an experienced manager, with knowledge of the English lower leagues but I've never really been one for looking for ex-players/managers returning, it very rarely lives up to expectations.

Not sure if the return of Yann Songo'o & Jordon Slew would be what we're after either.

46 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Are they representative?

I honestly have no idea what most County fans think, that's what I took from the Malky years

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

Are they representative?

I think Adams would certainly be more popular than Scott Brown, who Sportsound are presumably working on commission for considering how much they were touting him for the job.

4 minutes ago, Zeto-83 said:

Heard 2 names linked with the vacancy 

Gary Holt, & 

A N OTHER

Is that because he was touting himself for it in the Record, as well as saying Mackay would be better suited to a bigger club than Ross County and would make a good Prime Minister?

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

BBC pundits seem to tout Broon for every job. He's the new Yogi.

Every outlet has their favourite. Si Ferry and the Open Goal tits decide that it should be Lennon for every job, Clyde 1 say they want Martindale for every gig and Sportsound say Yogi. It’s how it works.

5 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Are they representative?

The relationship between Macgregor and Adams was incredibly toxic by the end of his last managerial spell. They couldn’t even be in the same room. Whilst I don’t doubt some fans would like to see him back, it’s very very unlikely.

I took a few flights this week for work, and saw no one of note on both flights to/from Inverness International. Was desperately keeping my eyes open for a up and coming young manager, alas.

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

The relationship between Macgregor and Adams was incredibly toxic by the end of his last managerial spell. They couldn’t even be in the same room. Whilst I don’t doubt some fans would like to see him back, it’s very very unlikely.

I took a few flights this week for work, and saw no one of note on both flights to/from Inverness International. Was desperately keeping my eyes open for a up and coming young manager, alas.

Shouldn't be looking for the candidates coming here cos I've heard that the interviews are done outwith the local area

55 minutes ago, Zeto-83 said:

Shouldn't be looking for the candidates coming here cos I've heard that the interviews are done outwith the local area

Ah, well there goes my inside track. Every manager we’ve ever had has said they saw the facilities and couldn’t say no. But that could easy come after interview I suppose.

5 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Sun (sorry) reporting it’s a done deal.