Ross County's Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be Ross County's next permanent manager?  

279 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:
  1. * Pus. 
  2. Did this happen? Unlikely that Adams, a renowned angry little man, would be cowed by an old fanny like Jocky Scott. 

Agree re pus , it’s a pet hate of mines when people spell it puss , put puss in the box and you get 🐈 yes puss or a pussy cat , shut yir pus , or el Rap yir pus , just isn’t the same as el Rap yir puss, 

but back on topic and jocky even at 74 could easily Rap that wee tunt Adams right in the pus

He did an outstanding job at Morecambe which is a potless club with dubious ownership presently, and an uncertain future. Having them just outside the play offs in that league with zero cash is pretty remarkable as his successor is likely to find out.

He did pretty well for a time at Plymouth and only really failed at Bradford which currently is a squabbling, badly run bin fire of a club. So there was mitigation.

Tbh quite surprised he came back to Dingwall but certainly think it's an appointment which will see Ross County more than safe come the end of the season. Clearly not a likeable guy but the results speak for themselves. I'm not suggesting he's in anything like the same managerial bracket, but there is something of Jim McLean's intensity / dourness about him.

Derek Adams is probably the only realistic appointment that could have united the fans as much as Malky Mackay divided them. I'm certainly feeling more positive than I expected after the malaise of the last 2 1/2 years.

It's the most nostalgic appointment possible, certainly for me. Adams was in his first spell as a player at the club when I started going to games, and his achievements as manager tell their own story.

But I think it also stacks up in a footballing sense. Things had run their course when he left in 2014. He's had eight years managing in England, with reasonable success. When he's failed, there's usually been mitigating circumstances.

He can only be a better manager for that experience. He says he's mellowed, which was probably needed, although I'm sure he's still more than willing to wind up the right people. He's back in an environment he knows well, surrounded by people he knows just as well. He should reap the benefits of the behind the scenes work done over the last couple of years, particularly a proper recruitment structure (thanks Malky).

It might all go spectacularly wrong, but I'm confident we're better off with this option than some ex-Old Firm media darling with no experience at this level.

4 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Derek Adams is probably the only realistic appointment that could have united the fans as much as Malky Mackay divided them. I'm certainly feeling more positive than I expected after the malaise of the last 2 1/2 years.

It's the most nostalgic appointment possible, certainly for me. Adams was in his first spell as a player at the club when I started going to games, and his achievements as manager tell their own story.

But I think it also stacks up in a footballing sense. Things had run their course when he left in 2014. He's had eight years managing in England, with reasonable success. When he's failed, there's usually been mitigating circumstances.

He can only be a better manager for that experience. He says he's mellowed, which was probably needed, although I'm sure he's still more than willing to wind up the right people. He's back in an environment he knows well, surrounded by people he knows just as well. He should reap the benefits of the behind the scenes work done over the last couple of years, particularly a proper recruitment structure (thanks Malky).

It might all go spectacularly wrong, but I'm confident we're better off with this option than some ex-Old Firm media darling with no experience at this level.

Nail on the head. He’s probably our greatest manager since I’ve been watching the club (25-30 years), he’s had 8 years of development in 2 competitive leagues down in England, and he now has a backbone of a recruitment team behind him which was definitely his weakness in his last spell. 

Onwards and upwards.

49 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Nail on the head. He’s probably our greatest manager since I’ve been watching the club (25-30 years), he’s had 8 years of development in 2 competitive leagues down in England, and he now has a backbone of a recruitment team behind him which was definitely his weakness in his last spell. 

Onwards and upwards.

Yep, certainly not had many better. 

I don't think his recruitment was ever THAT bad, until the whole Dutch experiment got out of hand. In his first spell he seemed to sign a decent mix of players who were going to be here for the long term, and then some older heads (Petrie & Brewster being two standouts). In that first season back in the 1st Division as it was then, I think we signed RB and Morrison who both went on to be important players for the club for a good few years. Then the following year obviously brought in the likes of McGovern, Vigurs, Ketts, Miller, Wood and got Barrowman in the January. That being said, those players mentioned were all incredibly hardworking which suited his model, it was those who didn't put a shift in who seemed to fall away quite quickly. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he gets on, and what he does with the squad. 

41 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I don't know how true t is but I heard a story a while back that Adams was born a Siamese twin.

And instead of being joined at the hip or chest Adams face was stuck up the other twins arse.

If true it explains his look.

Make of that what you will.

74d1056cce14de35a9551ac072e340a5.gif.b95b8d13fb942f6546483348d39c57f1.gif

53 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I don't know how true t is but I heard a story a while back that Adams was born a Siamese twin.

And instead of being joined at the hip or chest Adams face was stuck up the other twins arse.

Some of your worst work yet, Sandy. That takes some doing!

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Oh Sandy. Even by your own standards that is just brutal. Back to the drawing board old yin

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Bump.

Anyone except number 8 please.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4654ebb157944253be7a388fcddf71d.jpeg

Am I the only one hoping that Chaz and Wills both get taken out in a freak gardening accident?  The time is right for a child king. * 

*I’d also accept a joint managerial appointment as a means to the same end.  

Edited by Savage Henry