Pars vs Rovers Part IV - Box Office

Cardle is Magic

32 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The obvious choice for TV coverage was naturally chosen by the Beeb and the nation will be glued to their screens as Dunfermline Athletic take on Raith Rovers at East End Park.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a penalty shootout at EEP but think we might get one on Friday.

Can't wait, haven't played the Pars in so long, this game is well over due!

1 hour ago, Ex Machina said:

I'd be very surprised if Arbroath won this match.

It’s 0-0 after 85 minutes wresting entrance music goes off, Campbell swaggers out the tunnel with the arbroath players charging behind him, they throw half the players off the pitch,  everyone else bar mehmet runs off in terror duck behind the advertising boards, they get the ball and charge up the pitch, 3 guys get to mehmet first, wipe him out and pin him before the ball gets kicked in.

The ref, in utter shock awards arbroath the win.

I’d probably want more than 8-1 tbh

Edited by parsforlife

Over the last 20 years we've had years of no derbies, seasons where East Fife or Cowdenbeath have been the derby game, and generally when we have played the Pars they've had the better team and taken the majority of the points.

Now with things going well on and off the pitch, and us having no worse than a 50/50 chance any time we play the Pars, I'll happily have a derby every second week 🤣 

The game being on the beeb will hit the crowd but still see it being 4k at an absolute minimum and no reason to think it won't be another keenly contested game with a good atmosphere.

We’ve scored 7 in last two on the road and now have the ridiculous situation of Hamilton, Vaughan, Gullan and Smith all fighting for two spots.

Fully expect IM to go with Hamilton with his 3 goals in 2, aerial ability at both ends of the pitch and just the standout striker in our squad. 

We’ll be makeshift to some extent at the back so intriguing as to how this goes. 

Could have done without an extra derby ahead of the run of league matches coming up, to be honest.  

The 3 games so far could have went either way, and Dunfermline will probably be due a win.

Obviously want to win and get through to the next round, but feel this is the least important of all the games this side of Xmas.  

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Could have done without an extra derby ahead of the run of league matches coming up, to be honest.  

The 3 games so far could have went either way, and Dunfermline will probably be due a win.

Obviously want to win and get through to the next round, but feel this is the least important of all the games this side of Xmas.  

This 100%, obviously want to win but if we lose a game this is the one, yeah were in the diddy cup against a team we can't seem to beat, but that is after new year. League is No1, Scottish cup and meet one of the arse cheeks away in the later rounds brings in the coin and yes I want us to do as well as possible but this side of Xmas for me this game is the one I care least about. That said away win please 🤣

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

If we could only win this game or the Arbroath game the following Tuesday, then I’m picking the Arbroath game.

That being said, if a miracle ever happened and Pars won the Scottish Cup then I don’t think I’d ever need to watch another game.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If we could only win this game or the Arbroath game the following Tuesday, then I’m picking the Arbroath game.

That being said, if a miracle ever happened and Pars won the Scottish Cup then I don’t think I’d ever need to watch another game.

Hey, least you’s have actually won it before…😞

Probably won't made it as evening kick offs are a pain for me, so glad if it has to be midweek I'm glad it's on TV. I might make it, so hopefully the police don't do anything daft and say that we can't have ticket sales on the day. I had to laugh on Saturday when Brian McLaughlin was interviewing James McPake and he said something like "massive game, looking at 7 or 8 thousand" when talking about this one. We'll be doing well to see 5,000 I reckon. 

Having Todd and to a lesser extent Ritchie-Hosler makes things a bit better for us offensively but with Breen and Benedictus still out it'll be a big task to keep the Rovers quiet. Having said that, Hamilton marshalled the troops quite well at Stark's Park and Inverness didn't have too many clear cut chances on Saturday there. They are quite makeshift back there too, so I can't see this being 0-0. If we can sort out the midfield to counteract the Raith ball players, that will hopefully allow Todd to drive forward, creating space for Wighton or McCann or Jakubiak in turn. Could go either way, so I'll say 2-1 Pars a.e.t.

5 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Probably won't made it as evening kick offs are a pain for me, so glad if it has to be midweek I'm glad it's on TV. I might make it, so hopefully the police don't do anything daft and say that we can't have ticket sales on the day. I had to laugh on Saturday when Brian McLaughlin was interviewing James McPake and he said something like "massive game, looking at 7 or 8 thousand" when talking about this one. We'll be doing well to see 5,000 I reckon. 

Having Todd and to a lesser extent Ritchie-Hosler makes things a bit better for us offensively but with Breen and Benedictus still out it'll be a big task to keep the Rovers quiet. Having said that, Hamilton marshalled the troops quite well at Stark's Park and Inverness didn't have too many clear cut chances on Saturday there. They are quite makeshift back there too, so I can't see this being 0-0. If we can sort out the midfield to counteract the Raith ball players, that will hopefully allow Todd to drive forward, creating space for Wighton or McCann or Jakubiak in turn. Could go either way, so I'll say 2-1 Pars a.e.t.

More makeshift now, if you read anything into a signing of a free CB till January…doesn’t fill me with confidence.

The most underwhelming build up to a derby…ever 🤣

Its all been said before - pricing, on TV and 6 games across the season.

I’ve a feeling it’ll be a goal fest after only being 4 goals total across the three previous games. The pars lacklustre goal return has to change at some point and we look strong in the forward area. Fancy big Jack Hamilton to be in amongst it. 

There will be a late rally for tickets on Friday, I’m going and still not bought yet and think it’ll be the same for many. Can’t see it topping 5k which may look a tad embarrassing on the TV.

Understand the apathy around this given it's our 4th meeting in 4 months.  However, it's still a derby and it's still the Scottish Cup so I'm looking forward to it anyway.

It's a Friday night so I'm sure the drinks will be flowing beforehand (not for me as I'm driving) so once it gets going I'm sure the atmosphere will be cracking as usual.

Last game at Stark's we had a tough time with high balls at both ends so having O'Reilly and Hamilton available should make a huge difference in that regard

As with every game this season, I'm confident we can do the business and hopefully get the away draw to a non-league team that I'd hoped for in this round.