St Mirren v Livi 25/11/23

Buddies return to Paisley, good opportunity to return to winning ways after a bump in the road.
 If I remember correctly it was Livi who first brought a drum to Scottish football cos i remember thinking I wish they would give it a rest, now it’s a great atmosphere, would love to have had a drum off  

I’d love to see James Bolton in the starting line up to freshen the defence  

Saints to win 3-1, McGarry, Lavety and Yardley for saints. 

On paper this is a good game for us if we want to get back to winning ways, but Livingston is usually a tough game.

I think a clean sheet is important after shipping a load to Dundee but not sure about Bolton starting, I think he's still a bit of an unknown quantity.

Hopefully the globe trotting superstars in our squad aren't too tired after the internationals.

I'd like to get excited that the international break has allowed the coaches and players to nail down a solid plan that suddenly sees us scoring goals for fun. Maybe if we were at home it would be easier to get hopeful, but I can't see us rocking up in Paisley and taking 1 point never mind 3. We'd need to pray that their defeat to Dundee has properly fucked their confidence, somehow to below ours.

2-0 St Mirren, Livi to have 1 harmless shot on target.

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

A clean sheet shouldn't be a problem for St Mirren, we haven't scored a goal for 4 games, and before that we needed penalties for 3 of our last 4 goals. So basically we need VAR to give us a penalty or 2 so we can win this game.

I wouldn't bet against that. Our defenders seem to have a knack allowing the ball to hit an arm, or have too much of a grip of someone's jersey. Infuriating. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think there's an exercise move called the Jason Holt, where you jump in the air with your arm up over your head. It's catching on, think Devlin has been practicing it.

Actually his new training routine can be found here:

10 hours ago, AW saint said:

Gogic has by in large been superb at the back. I think CBM is more than decent in the middle of the park. 

He has been our main culprit in terms of errors the last few games. Before that though,  agreed he's been excellent in there.

Our form ain't great, one win in the last seven, and that was against that St Johnstone team who were phoning it in to get their manager sacked - which they managed. At home to a team who are bottom of the league and who have just lost five in a row is surely the perfect tonic to that, what could go wrong?

2-0 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

He has been our main culprit in terms of errors the last few games. Before that though,  agreed he's been excellent in there.

Totally agree. Both he and Taylor have been at fault recently. Before that they were both outstanding. 

20 hours ago, AW saint said:

Gogic has by in large been superb at the back. I think CBM is more than decent in the middle of the park. 

Not in Baccus' position.

He doesn't have the speed across the ground that Baccus has and lacks the necessary aggression to win the ball back IMO.

No argument regarding comments regarding Gogic, but Bolton can surely fill in for one game.