Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Queens Park ⚪️⚫️ - A Match For The Ages

jagfox

A game that the masses are looking forward to, obviously.

Queen's Park had the better of the last meeting but are still struggling for wins,whereas the Jags have had two wins and are getting a bit of confidence back.

Not sure how we will lineup as Brian Graham missing and Kerr McInroy and Harry Milne going off early doors vs Morton.

I hope we will win but this will be far from a sure thing.

Our cup draws really suck the life out of the Scottish Cup for me. If I'm getting this right, 8 of our last 10 Scottish cup games have been home ties and the only two away games were Rangers and Dundee Utd, losing both of them. Wasn't very good before that either, we always seem to get drawn teams in our own division. 

Anyway can't wait, wouldn't miss it for the world etc... f**k me. 

Kinda hoped for Pollok away, or alternatively a Narnia-type place like Formartine, wherever that is. On the bright side, it could have been Airdrie or Cowdenbeath. 

A wee cup run for either team would be healthy so it should be a competitive game. Bannon and Reid in defence please. And a bit of that pace and aggression we keep being promised, preferably for longer than the first ten minutes.

4-3 to the QP.

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

McInroy and Milne to miss tomorrow, but could be back for Airdrie. 

Would imagine Williams continues at RB, and Alston comes in to start for McInroy. No mention of Graham being unavailable. 

More likely left back, with McMillan at right back?

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Doubt we’ll get a more straightforward win all season. I don’t think Queens can afford to stick with what they have, either in their squad or management. Simply nowhere near it. 

Aidan Fitzpatrick is excellent

Not much else needed to say. 

Agree with your assessment of us 

Ooft. We were excellent, think QP only had their first shot on target at 3-0 down? 

Neilson terrific and deserved a goal for his bomb forward, Fitzpatrick outstanding throughout and QP resorted to trying to chop him down 2nd half. Williams very composed at left back and only had a couple of iffy moments.

Fitzpatrick definitely motm but thought Banzo was a close second, had a great game and was popping up everywhere on the pitch to make passes/challenges. Even our subs looked fired up when they came on which is pleasing, weren't just going through the motions.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

We had more round pegs in round holes than the game at Hampden and Fitzpatrick in current form takes us to a different level. Williams and Alston look to be finding some form now and it makes our squad feel a bit stronger than it did a few weeks ago.

Queens Park look like some crap tribute of Steven Pressley's Falkirk. They might as well go all out and appoint the gobshite himself.