Ross County v Kilmarnock (Sat 25th Nov)

Think I'm right in saying that's the first time since August that we haven't gone behind in the first half of an away game. Said the other week I wanted him to set us out to keep it tight on the road to start turning 0 pts in to at least 1pt. Glad to see him going with that, even if it makes for an absolutely brutal watch. 

The 1st half, I thought County were unlucky to not be 3 up in the opening 15mins. Laidlaw had one good save from a close range deflected shot too.

2nd half, well what can I say, eye bleedingly bad. Not one shot on goal, strikers isolated and running into corners to get a touch of the ball but no-one running into the box to support them. Easily the worst 45mins of football I've seen County play in a long time.

Adams better have a serious look at his tactics if that's how he intends to set up, terrible stuff, in a game that was there for the taking.

Excellent first 15-20 minutes, a real intensity about our play and we kept their keeper busy. We should have been at least 1 up (possibly more), but we failed to take our chances. The game settled down after that with both teams failing to make any impact in front of goal. Murray ran his socks off and Simms tried hard.

Clean sheet, no red cards, a point and we move upto 10th. January will see some players coming in and out I suspect.

After watching the game in Perth, what I saw today was an improvement on that display.

Great to see Derek back in the dugout.

Edited by silver

18 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

2nd half, well what can I say, eye bleedingly bad. Not one shot on goal, strikers isolated and running into corners to get a touch of the ball but no-one running into the box to support them. Easily the worst 45mins of football I've seen County play in a long time.

It was still an improvement on the St Johnstone loss.

I was pretty pleased with how they played in the first half. There were some quick switches in play to the flanks, while the passing through the thirds of the pitch much better than I saw under Malky. Baldwin (in the first half) looked as good as I've seen him. In the second half the team ran out of ideas and there was nothing on the bench to change it. There wasn't enough quality in the final third, but the four Killie centre-backs defended very well.

With two cleared off the line we were unlucky not to sneak that. The boys looked tired in the second half, where we tried to beat Killie at their own game.

I am far from convinced by Allerdice, he is very wasteful in possession.

Also, get that long throw in the bin. 

22 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

It was still an improvement on the St Johnstone loss.

I was pretty pleased with how they played in the first half. There were some quick switches in play to the flanks, while the passing through the thirds of the pitch much better than I saw under Malky. Baldwin (in the first half) looked as good as I've seen him. In the second half the team ran out of ideas and there was nothing on the bench to change it. There wasn't enough quality in the final third, but the four Killie centre-backs defended very well.

The first 15 mins County looked really good, the rest of the 1st half was entertaining but that 2nd half was terrible, not one shot on target when shooting into the Jailend. Also St J were far better than that Killie team today, that's two points dropped today.

There was plenty on the bench, Turner, Samuel, Harmon, White but changes came too late, also a notable lack of supporting runs to help the lone striker, players seemed reluctant to push up.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

50 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

The 1st half, I thought County were unlucky to not be 3 up in the opening 15mins. Laidlaw had one good save from a close range deflected shot too.

Adams better have a serious look at his tactics if that's how he intends to set up, terrible stuff, in a game that was there for the taking.

The second half is nowhere near as bad as you are making out, could we have done better....yes, could it have been worse....hell yeah f**k yeah it could have been worse, heck it has been worse this season (and last).  Adams has had less than a week with the team, lets give it some time before the hyperbole starts, shall we.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Not nearly as bad as some of the shite served up by Mackay.

1st half we were unlucky not be going in with a lead, 2nd half certainly room for improvement but the result gives us something to build on. He is only just in the door.

Edited by Staggie_93

I think at this point it’s clear Samuel - for all his efforts - isn’t up to standard.  There’s also some quality missing in central midfield.  

But Adams will do what he did last time.  Get the defence sorted and then get the creativity going.