Aberdeen vs rangers

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Something definitely should be said about Aberdeen not getting a hypothetical penalty at Ibrox. 

No, but something should be said about nobody getting a league penalty (hypothetical or otherwise) against your team at any ground for about 22 months....................

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

That’s a lie 

Tbf I could maybe see Lee Johnson conducting a post match interview saying “yes we’re scoring lots of goals but were not conceding any penalties which isn’t acceptable at this level” 

He could pay tribute to Terry Butcher by adding that giving away a penalty removes the fear of giving away a penalty.

Maybe Rangers will find out one day.

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive no idea why the clubs just accept it though, something should be said publicly more often than it is, as its public pressure that creates the different standards i reckon. 

Agree with the bit in bold but is it not the case that any player or member of coaching staff publicly accusing officials of bias can be banned/suspended?

Not sure why anyone at board level would want to be the first to put their heads above the parapet, either.

Edited by RawB93

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

See everyone says that VAR wouldnt intervene, but with TV cameras everywhere the VAR officials literally have nowhere to hide if they "miss" anything

You mean like the VAR that missed McAusland’s dive two weeks ago at Livingston, despite having about six different camera angles of it?

1 hour ago, ekok said:

Maybe not champions, but I defy you to ignore the evidence in front of you every single time you play Rangers, you up the ante.  Today another example,  thought you were first to every ball, won 99% of headers and in my opinion wanted it more.

Don't quote results,  scores, I am talking about how hard you try.  Convert that to all your games, you would surprise yourselves at what you might achieve. 

You can’t ignore the fact the when Celtic are at their best they make Rangers at their best look like shite. And Rangers at their best are a lot easier to play against than Celtic at their best. 

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

For decades now fans have moaned about defenders getting away with murder at corners, now VAR  changes that fans arent happy lol

And how many penalties have Rangers defenders given away, officially, in the league in the last two seasons?

The penalty incident today is another example of how useless VAR is. 

Let’s be honest, you can justify it either way. As it happens you can say there’s a shirt pull and therefore a penalty and they got it right. 

In a parallel world though you can also argue that the threshold for VAR intervention hasn’t been breached and it’s reasonable a penalty wasn’t awarded. 

This ambiguity/subjectivity completely undermines the point of spending millions on this technology and perpetuates the conspiracy theories of the day. 

2 hours ago, ekok said:

Maybe not champions, but I defy you to ignore the evidence in front of you every single time you play Rangers, you up the ante.  Today another example,  thought you were first to every ball, won 99% of headers and in my opinion wanted it more.

Don't quote results,  scores, I am talking about how hard you try.  Convert that to all your games, you would surprise yourselves at what you might achieve. 

Don’t agree with this. Early in the season, home to Celtic. We ended up losing 3-1 I think? The team had a right go though after a slow cagey start. At 2-1 it could have gone either way but unfortunately they got the next goal to gloss over the score as the game was fairly close. Many fans like myself stayed to applaud the effort if not the scoreline.

Problem is , Celtic are better than everyone else. Not that Aberdeen only try in certain games.
Tactics are made to suit opponents. Maybe, just maybe, the tactic against Sevco is to pressurise them more as their defence isn’t amazing and they don’t pick you off as well as others if they play past the press.
It’s only natural to be more cautious in approach against Celtic as they are a more dangerous team with better players.

Simple as that really.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You can’t ignore the fact the when Celtic are at their best they make Rangers at their best look like shite. And Rangers at their best are a lot easier to play against than Celtic at their best. 

Absolutely brilliant,  you just make my point,  I am not talking about Rangers or Celtic, but Aberdeen.  I say again I am talking about Aberdeen and the effort they put into these games.

Sorry but anyone who does not see this is totally deluded.  Today was just another example of what has been right in front of anyone who has a scubby about football.  Aberdeen are 100% more up for Rangers games than anyone else, not only Celtic. 

That is to  me a self evident fact. If I was an Aberdeen supporter, I might ask where is that in the other 30 odd games in a season. 

27 minutes ago, ekok said:

Absolutely brilliant,  you just make my point,  I am not talking about Rangers or Celtic, but Aberdeen.  I say again I am talking about Aberdeen and the effort they put into these games.

Sorry but anyone who does not see this is totally deluded.  Today was just another example of what has been right in front of anyone who has a scubby about football.  Aberdeen are 100% more up for Rangers games than anyone else, not only Celtic. 

That is to  me a self evident fact. If I was an Aberdeen supporter, I might ask where is that in the other 30 odd games in a season. 

This is a troll. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a poorly designed bot. 

24 minutes ago, ekok said:

I’m afraid it’s yourself who doesn’t know what he is talking about. The last game at parkhead came at the worst possible time, on the back of the Thursday night trip to Greece to play PAOK. Incidently another performance where the team was well up for it.

Lacklustre on the Sunday due to such a tough game is natural and consistent with after the previous euro games. 
We have definitely played Sevco at the right times this season, which has helped, along with them being very average as a team considering the money they spend. 

9 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I’m afraid it’s yourself who doesn’t know what he is talking about. The last game at parkhead came at the worst possible time, on the back of the Thursday night trip to Greece to play PAOK. Incidently another performance where the team was well up for it.

Lacklustre on the Sunday due to such a tough game is natural and consistent with after the previous euro games. 
We have definitely played Sevco at the right times this season, which has helped, along with them being very average as a team considering the money they spend. 

Don’t engage. It’s dishonest, gutter opinion from people who are lost in their social media paranoia.