Motherwell vs. Dundee Saturday December 2nd

I see we've got a rookie ref for this. Iain Snedden, who started his season with Civil Service Strollers v East Stirling in the Lowland League. 

I realise referees have to start somewhere, but to go from the Lowland League to the Premiership in the same season, and before Christmas, seems...concerning. 

16 minutes ago, The Master said:

I see we've got a rookie ref for this. Iain Snedden, who started his season with Civil Service Strollers v East Stirling in the Lowland League. 

I realise referees have to start somewhere, but to go from the Lowland League to the Premiership in the same season, and before Christmas, seems...concerning. 

Would be interesting to know if a rookie ref has ever came straight in to referee a Celtic or Rangers game (or a Celtic vs Rangers fans) and if not why not? Every club in the league should be treated the s…….

Actually forget it.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Would be interesting to know if a rookie ref has ever came straight in to referee a Celtic or Rangers game (or a Celtic vs Rangers fans) and if not why not? Every club in the league should be treated the s…….

Actually forget it.

Why would they put a rookie into the mouth of a lion?  It makes sense to give the better officials the more challenging games.  

7 hours ago, The Master said:

I’m guessing this is because a chunk of the usual top refs now sit re-reffing the game from Clydesdale House, so they’re having to fast-track new guys through. Yet another issue with VAR, but that’s a debate for another thread. 

Like a few others have said, it’s deeply concerning that a Dundee side in the Premiership appear to be wholly competent. The signings of the Mexican lads suggested they’d be up to their usual nonsense, but one of them has turned out decent and most of their other acquisitions look like good business. I especially like Bakayoko up top - looks a handful. 

Will be a tough one today, but the late equaliser at Celtic Park hopefully gives us a boost to take the game  to Dundee and get out this rut. With Slattery suspended I’m guessing we’ll see Butcher in midfield along with Paton and Spittal, and I hope we can get Obika and Biereth on the park together to try and work on that partnership. 

Feels like a 1-1 (if it’s on) but would bite your hand off for any sort of win. 

22 minutes ago, Quatermass said:

Any decision will be taken very soon due to the away fans. I’d imagine the pitch is fine but surrounding areas could be the big problem. If the game goes ahead will the away fans be housed in the POD? Never a fan of that.

Dundee carry a decent away support, no?

Unless there were safety concerns around snow/access along Dalziel Drive I'd think they'll be in the South.

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Dundee carry a decent away support, no?

Unless there were safety concerns around snow/access along Dalziel Drive I'd think they'll be in the South.

That’s where my ticket is for. 

We did get the corner of the Stephen O’Donnell stand once. It was very surreal sitting directly across the aisle from home fans with zero segregation. 

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

We did get the corner of the Stephen O’Donnell stand once. It was very surreal sitting directly across the aisle from home fans with zero segregation. 

Aye, it’s not great. Always clubs that carry a ‘smaller risk’ but it makes for a better atmosphere when away fans are in the South.

16 minutes ago, The Master said:

SODs will be delighted we’ve named a stand after him! 

6 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

What on earth are the safety concerns in the lower south that don’t apply in the upper? Potential for throwing snowballs? Icicles falling from the roof?

Clearly don’t want us Dundee fans slipping on the track when we score our last minute winner.  Motherwell really are a very considerate bunch.

13 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

What on earth are the safety concerns in the lower south that don’t apply in the upper? Potential for throwing snowballs? Icicles falling from the roof?

Probably as simple as seats and stairwells near the front of the lower being covered in snow that they can't be arsed clearing, so with the upper area being better protected against the elements they're using that.