Motherwell vs. Dundee Saturday December 2nd

Clearly a winnable game even with Motherwell going to Celtic and getting an impressive point. I think this will be pretty tight though and I wouldn't be disappointed with a point away from home. We've generally been pretty good at responding to defeats this season.

I like a wee trip to Fir Park, I like Motherwell as a club and usually this fixture produces a decent game. 

I still find it hard to get my head round the fact that Dundee are not a shambles and look a completely competent top flight side with normal, decent players that they can afford.

From our point of view - taking an actual first half lead and seeing what happens would be preferable to a mad charge in the last 15 mins trying to claw back a point as seems to be our thing this season. 

8 minutes ago, Swello said:

I still find it hard to get my head round the fact that Dundee are not a shambles and look a completely competent top flight side with normal, decent players that they can afford.

Same.

34 minutes ago, Swello said:

From our point of view - taking an actual first half lead and seeing what happens would be preferable to a mad charge in the last 15 mins trying to claw back a point as seems to be our thing this season. 

How do you think we feel?!

Certainly expect a pretty close game. Dundee looked more than decent against us at Dens Park and their form/points total since then would back that up. I liked the look of the boy McCowan against us. Looked like a talented player and he has caight the eye on the limited highlights I have seen of Dundee since then. We will need to neutralise his threat.

Hoping our performance and point at Celtic Park and the international break has settled things down a bit for us. Felt like SK had started to lose the plot a bit with team selections and tactics due to our bad run of results. But Saturday was a return to a bit of structure and solid defending which had been absent in previous weeks.

Probably not a must win after Saturday, but certainly a must not lose and a win would be very welcome.

6 minutes ago, DerryRhumbaa said:

Any idea what pubs are good for away fans in Motherwell, never get much luck

If it’s a quiet pint you want then the Davie Cooper suite is as good a choice as any.  If you want a bit more atmosphere then there are one or two pubs dotted about, many don’t encourage away fans and involve a bit of a walk to the away stand.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Club 100 next to the stadium.

The Steelworks (formerly Jack Daniels)

New Century.

All decent boozers and you should have no issues.

@DerryRhumbaa these are the most decent shouts. Generally always a decent, welcoming and friendly atmosphere in the New Century on matchdays, then its just a straight 10min walk up towards the South Stand. Only downside could be the possibility of a chance encounter with me and my insufferably pish patter. 

Edited by 'WellDel

I don't mind Motherwell or their fans but I hope we fucking pump you.

My ex-wife told me she found me snoring, standing up, at the bottom of the stairs absolutely shitfaced that day. It was 8pm.

Cracking day.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

I am assuming Ricki Lamie has been holding you guys together and when he sits this one out you will fall apart.  Reasonable?

He’s been rotated in and out of the squad depending on the formation. Shaugnessy and Portales seem to be the favoured pairing.

Forecast showing that it’ll be brass monkeys at this one. 

We’ve had some good results at Fir Park in the past, not least the 5-1 that did for Mark McGhee (whatever happened to him after that?). But no idea what to expect tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Forecast showing that it’ll be brass monkeys at this one. 

We’ve had some good results at Fir Park in the past, not least the 5-1 that did for Mark McGhee (whatever happened to him after that?). But no idea what to expect tomorrow. 

It wont be 5-1 (caveat - unless SK has another brain fart and goes 4-3-3 again) and our pitch is much better! 

On 28/11/2023 at 19:26, DerryRhumbaa said:

Any idea what pubs are good for away fans in Motherwell, never get much luck

We always have a few pints in the Davie Cooper suite beforehand but best to get there fairly early. Club colours are accepted but my group normally only have a wooly hat and/or pin badges to show who we support. Always a friendly atmosphere and good to have a sensible chat with opposing fans