Peterhead vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/23 at 15:00

54 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Tough venue for us at times.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

2-2 thriller.

A draw wouldn't be bad if we'd beaten them at home but when you're playing catch up it's the head to heads that can swing momentum. I sadly think we'll fall short in a big game as we have done so often under Farrell but I sincerely hope to be proven wrong. 

59 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A draw wouldn't be bad if we'd beaten them at home but when you're playing catch up it's the head to heads that can swing momentum. I sadly think we'll fall short in a big game as we have done so often under Farrell but I sincerely hope to be proven wrong. 

Aye, I feel that way too, the positive is that we are in really good form just now, so fingers crossed we get something from Saturday's game to keep the momentum going.

Yeah, got the fear a bit here. It's only natural that when things are going well, they will very suddenly come to a hault. Most of us have been here long enough to know the script with being a sons fan...

I hope we can keep up the good form, but my concern is that we aren't settled enough at the back and up against the experience Peterhead have we may struggle to outscore them on the day.

Seems to be a bizarre amount of negativity here! Five win in a row means we should go into this full of confidence and while Peterhead away will be a tough game, I don’t see why we can’t take a point at least. 

Above we have comments saying we don’t turn up for the big games. Well so far this season we’ve won 1, lost 1 against the top 2. Plus the game against Peterhead was really even and we definitely should have been a couple of goal up if it wasn’t for bad finishing (something which has improved of late). Also remember Greg Young’s injury happened that day.

It also is quite negative to say we don’t look defensively solid enough. Yes we were involved in a chaotic cup game at the weekend, but how many goals have we conceded in the last 3 league games? 0.

30 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Seems to be a bizarre amount of negativity here! Five win in a row means we should go into this full of confidence and while Peterhead away will be a tough game, I don’t see why we can’t take a point at least. 

Above we have comments saying we don’t turn up for the big games. Well so far this season we’ve won 1, lost 1 against the top 2. Plus the game against Peterhead was really even and we definitely should have been a couple of goal up if it wasn’t for bad finishing (something which has improved of late). Also remember Greg Young’s injury happened that day.

It also is quite negative to say we don’t look defensively solid enough. Yes we were involved in a chaotic cup game at the weekend, but how many goals have we conceded in the last 3 league games? 0.

The Stenny match looks more like a freak result as the weeks go by. We've shat the bed consistently under Farrell and I'm amazed this is even being debated. 

I'd say us scoring four in one half against Stenny is a freak occurrence. Not beating them by two goals. We've shown that there are goals in this team.

As Cameron says we should've been ahead against Peterhead in the first-half. Didn't take our chances and ended up losing. The biggest thing I've taken so far about this team (and this league in general tbh) is that the first goal is absolutely crucial.

51 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I don't think it's negativity, more realism based on experience.  I consider this Saturday's fixture to be the toughest we've faced since the last time we played Peterhead, and I include Annan in that.

I think there's also a nervousness that in McAllister, they have one of the most experienced and physical stickers in the lower leagues, which the current central defence will need to deal with.

As for stats, they are fine but rarely tell the full story.  The reality is that we are playing well and we're entitled to be reasonably confident but if say Gray and/or Ruth were to become missing that would be significant.  If everyone turns up this weekend though we can certainly get a result.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I don't think it's negativity, more realism based on experience.  I consider this Saturday's fixture to be the toughest we've faced since the last time we played Peterhead, and I include Annan in that.

I think there's also a nervousness that in McAllister, they have one of the most experienced and physical stickers in the lower leagues, which the current central defence will need to deal with.

As for stats, they are fine but rarely tell the full story.  The reality is that we are playing well and we're entitled to be reasonably confident but if say Gray and/or Ruth were to become missing that would be significant.  If everyone turns up this weekend though we can certainly get a result.

image.png.dd322d5c75c783588d1db8e8a30c7ecc.png

Looking at the frozen temperatures forecast I'd say we have a good chance of a call off. The stand side touchline will be rock hard and it wont see sunshine from now until kick off. 

Hopefully the club are sensible and arrange an inspection at the earliest possible time in the morning.