Peterhead vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/23 at 15:00

49 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Looking at the frozen temperatures forecast I'd say we have a good chance of a call off. The stand side touchline will be rock hard and it wont see sunshine from now until kick off. 

Hopefully the club are sensible and arrange an inspection at the earliest possible time in the morning. 

Not sure if he’s confused or if he knows Balmoor really well.

If the Met Office is to be believed then it won't get above 1 degree in Peterhead at all until Monday. So unless someone has cracked out an army of wee fan heaters, then I don't give this a hope in hell.

Which is a pain. Firstly because of our form, secondly because a midweek trip up to Balmoor is a pest and thirdly (and mainly) because I've been off work for a fortnight and need this game to fill some pages when I'm back on Monday :(

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Looking at the frozen temperatures forecast I'd say we have a good chance of a call off. The stand side touchline will be rock hard and it wont see sunshine from now until kick off. 

Hopefully the club are sensible and arrange an inspection at the earliest possible time in the morning. 

You do know the game's at Peterhead Moonster ??

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If the Met Office is to be believed then it won't get above 1 degree in Peterhead at all until Monday. So unless someone has cracked out an army of wee fan heaters, then I don't give this a hope in hell.

Which is a pain. Firstly because of our form, secondly because a midweek trip up to Balmoor is a pest and thirdly (and mainly) because I've been off work for a fortnight and need this game to fill some pages when I'm back on Monday :(

Agreed. Of all the teams in the league whom we'd fancy an away midweeker against, Peterheed is arguably bottom of the list. Not ideal.

Edited by George Parr

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Screenshot_20231125-165222_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.6df0e18acd9674ac3f80ad6636cfef89.jpg

26 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Agreed. Of all the teams in the league whom we'd fancy an away midweeker against, Peterheed is arguably bottom of the list. Not ideal.

Stranraer away midweek last season was one of the times I genuinely questioned my sanity. Why the hell did I go?

If this is off, and with The Spartans game also off in January - plus our notoriously ropey park, we might already have a bit of a backlog on our hands come March...

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an update yet regarding an inspection. There are some games that have been called off already and there can’t be many, if any teams having to travel further than ourselves tomorrow. Just put this one out of it’s misery tonight so we can avoid any faffing around tomorrow morning,

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an update yet regarding an inspection. There are some games that have been called off already and there can’t be many, if any teams having to travel further than ourselves tomorrow. Just put this one out of it’s misery tonight so we can avoid any faffing around tomorrow morning,

It's a lot milder up in the north east than the Baltic stuff that's been had down here 

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Screenshot_20231201_163938_Chrome.jpg

There appears to be a few other games off already. There can't be many with further to travel than us so does seem strange that nothing has been mentioned about the pitch - even just to say that it is playable at this time. Surely Peterhead aren't going to do a Dumbarton on us?

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m obviously not in the vicinty so couldn’t comment but the forecast is certainly suggesting it would be a miracle if it goes ahead!

Came back down the road today from a couple of days up and it's quite a noticable difference.Didnt have to use de-icer or scrape the windows of my car just put the heating on for a minute or so whilst I've been using de-icer since last Saturday here 🤣

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Just came home from being out and the temp in the car got down to -4.  On our site they seem quite hopeful providing the sun gets on the pitch early doors they reckon it should be ok. One of the bonus,s of not living under a rock 😃

I live 5 miles from The Rock and it's been -4 here all week.

Just now, Sawkye said:

Is there a pitch inspection today Jan or do we just assume game is on. 

Nope, no plans for one unless anything changes at late notice. Our team bus is on the outskirts of Perth and all is good.

It looks (from the pictures I've seen so far) like the central belt is worse than the north. I'm in Dunblane and there's just a wee dusting of snow, and the roads are absolutely fine northbound.