Peterhead vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/23 at 15:00

Aye that's not a great look for whoever at Peterhead decided the pitch was probably playable this morning. Only for a second opinion to presumably be sought when someone else turned up.

We had our own shambolic situation with the Binos games last season. But at least they are only 45 minutes along the road. A wee bit different in this situation, especially when it wasn't a sudden freak downpour at the last minute like we had with the Stirling game. The conditions have been forecast all week and the park won't have changed much between 8am and 11am.

Balmoor on a Tuesday night. That's one that will separate the men from the boys.

Just now, Toon 68 said:

Thawed out ok yesterday, but unfortunately that hasn’t happened today.

Need to give it every chance IMO 

think we’ve all been caught on the road or outside a ground and got that dreaded Game off call 

Nonsense. With the forecast and how it's been all week this had very little chance of going ahead and should've been called at the latest first things this morning.

Just now, Toon 68 said:

Thawed out ok yesterday, but unfortunately that hasn’t happened today.

Need to give it every chance IMO 

think we’ve all been caught on the road or outside a ground and got that dreaded Game off call 

Why give a game that had no chance every chance? Teams travelling 5 hours, a bit of common sense is required. Who the f**k looks at a forecast not going above 1 degree and thinks "maybe the ground will thaw"?

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm really hoping no Sons fans are en route as this news breaks, but especially the supporters bus as there may possibly be financial implications.

Could this decision not have been taken about three hours ago ?

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Piss poor from the Peterhead officials. Quite what they are playing at here is anyones guess.

All about the money. Looking after the hospitality crowd who can go inside any time they like.

No consideration for other home fans, away fans, both sets of players, car parking etc.

Apologies to anyone associated with Dumbarton who already set off.

It was blatantly obvious from first thing in the morning that there was no chance of this going ahead and should have been inspected much earlier.

Hope that Dumbarton put in an official complaint about it.

2 minutes ago, blueone said:

All about the money. Looking after the hospitality crowd who can go inside any time they like.

No consideration for other home fans, away fans, both sets of players, car parking etc.

Apologies to anyone associated with Dumbarton who already set off.

It was blatantly obvious from first thing in the morning that there was no chance of this going ahead and should have been inspected much earlier.

Hope that Dumbarton put in an official complaint about it.

What time does hospitality start at?

Difference from last year was particularly in the second game at 6pm park was playable but deluge that game made it off by about 7pm

this is different as first thing this morning was unplayable with little chance. 
no point in complaining as nothing will be done

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Are they still serving then? Thats pretty wild if so.

Anyone booked will get it for the rearranged game, had a game v Annan called off because it was too windy to continue, had the hospitality meal before the game started & also got it again when the game was played.  They may get in touch with a old folks home or something & see if they fancy a feed they are very good at things like that & would avoidprobaly around 100 meals going to waste.

Ack well.  My Cheeseburger fae Auchmaliddie Mains Beef was delicious.

Not sure who has the ability to call off games but I can see why the club thought it might be a goer.  Just drove past the ground 2 mins ago and there is a definite thaw happening.  Just too late.

33 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Anyone booked will get it for the rearranged game, had a game v Annan called off because it was too windy to continue, had the hospitality meal before the game started & also got it again when the game was played.  They may get in touch with a old folks home or something & see if they fancy a feed they are very good at things like that & would avoidprobaly around 100 meals going to waste.

So, basically the hospitality money wasn't the cause of the late call off? As suggested before by someone...

23 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

So, basically the hospitality money wasn't the cause of the late call off? As suggested before by someone...

Would not expect as the service will be supplied at no cost for the game when played, some folk may not be able to take up that but would i expect be offered a refund or a different game.

3 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Still stand by what I said. Thier first priority will be getting the game on but not necessarily for the right reasons.

They would be thinking about a full hospitality, full bar, full coffee shop plus match / ball sponsors and all their guests.

They'll be thinking that a midweek rescheduling will be taking in a fraction of that (although they'll still have hospitality, sponsors etc, the numbers will be reduced).

Way down the list will be those travelling to the game, the car park like a skating rink and the general safety of the fans and even the players.

Not the first time they have dragged things out like this when it's obvious that a game should not be played.

21 minutes ago, blueone said:

Still stand by what I said. Thier first priority will be getting the game on but not necessarily for the right reasons.

They would be thinking about a full hospitality, full bar, full coffee shop plus match / ball sponsors and all their guests.

They'll be thinking that a midweek rescheduling will be taking in a fraction of that (although they'll still have hospitality, sponsors etc, the numbers will be reduced).

Way down the list will be those travelling to the game, the car park like a skating rink and the general safety of the fans and even the players.

Not the first time they have dragged things out like this when it's obvious that a game should not be played.

In fairness I don't think this attitude is confined to Peterhead, but there comes a point at which the sensible thing is to cancel the football match.  That point was probably around 8am this morning.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In fairness I don't think this attitude is confined to Peterhead, but there comes a point at which the sensible thing is to cancel the football match.  That point was probably around 8am this morning.

I agree I left at half 8 and I'm just home but at least I have the excuse of visiting family 🤣

Still not as bad as the deluge at the rock many moons ago and the game got called off at around half 2 . Knew the game was in trouble that day as we were in the bowling club and the gutter around the green filled up in about 3 mins when the deluge hit ...crazy rain that day for about an hour