Pars P-P Spiders New Date TBC

4 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Mehmet

Fagan Walcott, Hamilton, Otoo

MOH, Chalmers, Allan, Edwards

Summers, McCann

Holmes

Need to see a power of work from MOH, Chalmers, Allan, Summers and McCann - all have work to do to convince me they can handle this level. 

I thought MOH worked hard last week, in fact I thought he was our best chance of getting a ball in for a sniff at goal. Chalmers gives me the fear when he dithers on the ball, but we don’t have the players to work without him. All said that team looks strong enough to get something out of todays game, and simply not getting beat today will be a big step in confidence for the team. 
I don’t know where I got it from, but I think Comrie may de back today? 

6 hours ago, pawpar said:

Tomorrow worries me. Just before masterton done his evil worst EEP got rid of Stephens but obviously couldn't do the same trick again so they now don't sell 50/50 tickets or programmes in the norrie because they can't afford paying vendors in the norrie just as they coudn't afford to pay stephens under masterton previously.

Shut the f*ck up 🤣

16 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Don't really see how McPake has any option but to revert Hamilton to defence. Thought he brought some energy to midfield at Tannadice but first priority to try and stop a repeat of last week.

Other than that, need to try and get QP on the back foot and I'd be interested in Holmes getting a start with McCann sitting off the left. 

After last week, I've switched off from all Pars need so not even sure how squad is looking but assume it will be something along lines of:

Mehmet

Summers, McCann

Holmes

Need to see a power of work from MOH, Chalmers, Allan, Summers and McCann - all have work to do to convince me they can handle this level. 

Quite a few of these boys need to step up today.

Defeat would be an absolute disaster from which there's no coming back. A draw would be bad and make next week pretty make or break for McPake. Win would provide so much needed breathing room and confidence ahead of next week. 

I’ll tell you what he can do though, stop playing a back five with three centre-backs. That way we don’t need to have Hammy and/or Otoo in the defence.

FWIW, yes I would have Hammy in there from the start just for a bit of leadership but this back five thing can go, it’s been rubbish all season.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Why are you doing this? You know for a fact you're talking pish here. The club haven't stopped putting 50/50 and programme sellers in the Norrie because they can't afford it. 

What's your agenda here? It's fine to question things but to start making up total bullshit is just shite behaviour.

Aren't you the expert in bullshit and shite behaviour. I hope you enjoy your football free Saturday. 

13 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

Aren't you the expert in bullshit and shite behaviour. I hope you enjoy your football free Saturday. 

I was clearly joking. He clearly isn't.

Unsure why you can't read single context.

Had this game taken place on the original date in December, I am in no doubt we would have lost. Still haunted by the Veldman era so my confidence is shot but it feels like we are in a better place. Need to keep putting points on the board and claw our way out of danger. Would be great for our GD to score a few and keep a clean sheet but a scrappy 1-0 would be as good 🕷️🕸️🤞

16 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

Had this game taken place on the original date in December, I am in no doubt we would have lost. Still haunted by the Veldman era so my confidence is shot but it feels like we are in a better place. Need to keep putting points on the board and claw our way out of danger. Would be great for our GD to score a few and keep a clean sheet but a scrappy 1-0 would be as good 🕷️🕸️🤞

Our cunning plan didn't account for you changing manager.

I feel almost like you lot have cheated.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Our cunning plan didn't account for you changing manager.

I feel almost like you lot have cheated.

Game management, I believe they call it.

Far too much Pars negativity on this thread for me. Never a good sign.

1 hour ago, AuldReekie said:

Mehmet

Summers, McCann

Holmes

Midfield of Chalmers and Allan is asking for trouble. But then again, can only urinate with the phallus we have. It really is a dire situation. 

I got info from DAFC employee that Bene might be back a lot faster than anticipated, and I am hopeful this is the player McPake was alluding to in his pre-match video. If we get him back, we can then push Otto and Hamilton in the midfield where they should be, and therefore Chalmers can be dropped. Chalmers 100% deserves to be dropped but we haven't got much options until players start getting fit! Annoying as f*ck. 

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

aye, they should be forced to bring veldman back for this.

Agreed.

7 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Game management, I believe they call it.

I don't like it. Feels unsporting.

I just worry it'll be more slow and "patient" build up from the back on a park like a mud bath and with players who can't play that way. Had it still been Veldman's Queens Park that might have worked in our favour but Davidson has a working brain so they'll likely play the percentages and we'll just keep giving the ball away in our own third to Paton and Thomas.

Decent day out there now for football. Rain completely stopped and no wind.

Noticed McPake’s interview he said “one back two one”. We know Wighton is out but who else? I wonder is Comrie the one back?

IMG_8363.png

Edited by The Toun Clock

On 30/11/2023 at 16:38, Tangled web said:

No one is actually old enough to remember actually watching Trumpton'.

Emmm! I’m old enough that until now I forgot about Trumpton 🥴

Right Pars fans. We are all hurting from last week’s skelping, the players will be no different. The lads will likely be apprehensive about the welcome they’ll receive when they walk onto the park, please give them the full Pars encouragement from the stands to try and lift their spirits a bit, and hopefully we will get something out this game 

COYP. 

Good luck to the fans braving it today. Don't think a good few pints of Vitamin T would be enough to get me roused up these days sitting at EEP. Although I'll test that next week at the Arbroath game 🥴

We need to start fast. Concede an early goal and we could be in for another hammering, I’m afraid. We’re a group of young, inexperienced players, who are undoubtedly low on confidence.

We should be trying to get the ball forward and run at Queens Park. Take as much pressure off the defence as possible. If we continue trying to play it out from the back, we’re in trouble. We just don’t have the right players (or pitch) to do that. That’s a much bigger issue than the formation, in my opinion.