Pars P-P Spiders New Date TBC

What better way to start December?

A much needed win for Dunfermline tonight brought us into the Top 4 and we need to follow that up with another three points here against a struggling Queen’s Park.

However, even more injuries means we will be back down to the bare bones. Our best - and only? - senior centre backs will all be out with injury so the visitors may struggle to find a better opportunity to get their first win since August.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Our best - and only? - senior centre backs will all be out with injury so the visitors may struggle to find a better opportunity to get their first win since August.

While you might be right, we also played Morton at home when they only had 3 substitutes available (one being a goalkeeper) during that time and still couldn't win, or even score a goal.

I certainly wouldn't be putting any money on us here. Saturday against Thistle was a massive regression compared to the previous few weeks where we'd at least started finding the back of the net regularly again.

46 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

While you might be right, we also played Morton at home when they only had 3 substitutes available (one being a goalkeeper) during that time and still couldn't win, or even score a goal.

I certainly wouldn't be putting any money on us here. Saturday against Thistle was a massive regression compared to the previous few weeks where we'd at least started finding the back of the net regularly again.

12/5 for the draw looks pretty decent to me tbh.

Are you still insisting on playing a really high line?

We have struggled a bit for goals and attacking ideas, but if you are punting the ball down the line for McCann to chase may well be enough.

Our injuries will mean our team will pretty much pick itself. Moffat will be the only one from our injury list who maybe available.  It’s pretty much a decision on what player doesn’t start and that’s probably o’halloran unless we insist on sticking with a back 3.

9 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Going down to -5 between Friday night and Saturday morning, this one might not be on. I’m going to head down with a hose on Saturday morning anyway, we could do with a free week to get some of the boys back from injury.

Let me know when you’re ready, and I’ll come and help. I’ll have to chew my toe nails off in this one, my finger nails are gone after the Rovers game. 

15 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Going down to -5 between Friday night and Saturday morning, this one might not be on. I’m going to head down with a hose on Saturday morning anyway, we could do with a free week to get some of the boys back from injury.

I'm guessing there is no undersoil heating then? If so will leave my ticket purchase until Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I'm guessing there is no undersoil heating then? If so will leave my ticket purchase until Saturday.

Our undersoil clunked out last winter,  haven't heard the club say if its fixed or not but even then this is a tie where we maybe wouldn't bother putting it on.  There will only be a few hundred walk up sales more than a Tuesday night I think and we could easily agree to re-attempt on the next Scottish cup weekend.

I’d be quite content with a cancellation tbh. The announcement today of our “dent in the universe” guru running away to Mummy and the safety of Amsterdam gives me hope that without his strangulation on the first team, we might actually get the motors running soon. If you could leave it until mid- January, that would be great.

Yours in sport…

2 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

We do have it, but there was an issue with it last Christmas where our New Year fixture with Falkirk was postponed on the morning of the game due to a breakdown. The club said a part was being ordered and I assume it will have been ordered and fitted. I think because it's so expensive to run they do it in big games, like they tried to use it in that Falkirk game as there was gonna be circa 10,000 at the game. The cold snap happened quite sudden and when they went to try and test it it broke, and with it being between the festive period it was hard to get the part in time as it was coming from Europe.

It was cold the day we played Dundee Utd a couple of weeks ago, game was on TV and a big crowd expected. I don't know if it had been used or not, but the pitch looked a bit soft which tends to happen if it's been used. Again, did they only use it because it was a televised game with a big crowd.

I can't make Saturday but would like to see us try and build some momentum after last night so would prefer it was on. If not, I'm sure we'll both have a free weekend in January after we both went out the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

For some reason, I started reminiscing about the Trumpton firemen for a bit there…. :whistle

You will be of course referring to the 90s rave classic 'A Trip to Trumpton' by Urban Hype. (Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub, I feel the heat) Glow sticks at the ready.... No one is actually old enough to remember actually watching Trumpton'.

24 minutes ago, Tangled web said:

You will be of course referring to the 90s rave classic 'A Trip to Trumpton' by Urban Hype. (Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub, I feel the heat) Glow sticks at the ready.... No one is actually old enough to remember actually watching Trumpton'.

Err I am! 😄🧓

57 minutes ago, Tangled web said:

Me too. And Camberwick Green.