Pars P-P Spiders New Date TBC

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

Four degrees tomorrow, seven on Saturday, albeit with rainfall. Chances of this being on? Don’t know the full detail of how fucked or not your pitch is. 

Club have been quiet on that front, but I’ve been told they are working on it. I don’t know for certain though 

18 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Club have been quiet on that front, but I’ve been told they are working on it. I don’t know for certain though 

Apparently, the USH has been rapaired. Fault seal. 

Groundsmen have been working on the pitch. 

Really is going to depend on the USH being fixed and working to aid defrosting the pitch in time. Its been down minus 6 the last two mornings and barely above freezing. With the pitch having been flooded before that then it's a lot of thawing needed before Sat.

I hope it is on. Feels like I've hardly been at East End this season and I'm a season ticket holder. Think I've missed a couple of Saturdays 

Edited by Heaton

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

I hope it is on. Feels like I've hardly been at East End this season and I'm a season ticket holder. Think I've missed a couple of Saturdays 

I know what you mean. After a quick check, I think I’ve been to every home game, but it feels like we’ve not had many.

Looking at it, we had long gaps without a home game at points, maybe that’s part of it? Was 4 weeks without a home game late Aug to late Sep. Then was another 4 weeks until our next one. Then we had 3 in November. Guess that’s part of the issue, we’ve played 9 home games and 3 of them were back-to-back in one month. Other than the 3 in a row, I think you’d be close to 2 months between trips to East End, if you missed just one game. We played 1 home game in September, 1 in October and 1 in December. Only counting league games for this, since nobody wants to remember cup games…

Certainly a lot milder in Dunfermline today. On first view everything was still white with ice as it has been the past couple of days, but I turned the car on and it was defrosted very quickly, ground was also softening a wee bit. If we're just needing the pitch to defrost then I think it'll be okay for tomorrow afternoon. Wee touch of rain then temperatures consistently rising to 7 degrees until kick off. Fingers crossed we'll be good to go! 

17 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Will it not need to be deemed ok by early Saturday morning, if a ref comes to do an inspection? 

Aye but even still, it's not to be below 2 degrees between now and tomorrow morning, should be plenty thawing time. Above freezing temperature, wee touch of rain due in the afternoon will soften the ground. I think i'll be okay.

Given that we've now had two games called off in the last six weeks, and that last weeks seemed a bit of a shambles to the outside world who basically just thought we were at it, I think the club will be monitoring this very closely and keep the fans updated. Forget the injuries, we'll be in a better position than we would have been last week, the club will want the Saturday gate with hospitality being used as opposed to a Tuesday in February.

22 hours ago, an86 said:

Four degrees tomorrow, seven on Saturday, albeit with rainfall. Chances of this being on? Don’t know the full detail of how fucked or not your pitch is. 

The pars issued an update yesterday...

"Dunfermline Athletic can provide the following update on the condition of the pitch at KDM Group East End Park.

Following last Saturday’s postponed match, the issues within the under soil heating system have now been resolved, the excess water drained and pitch repaired. However with the minus temperatures setting in early this week, we have been unable to test the under soil heating system fully and as a precaution it has not been turned on ahead of Saturday’s match. 

At present the pitch is currently frozen, but with temperatures due to rise tomorrow afternoon and Saturday ahead of kick off we are hopeful the Queen’s Park match will go ahead. Any further updates will be communicated to supporters in due course."

The good news is the under soil heating has been sorted but they can't test it because it's cold??!?