The Ton 🔵⚪ v The Arabs 🟠⚫ 2-12-23

Ive just watched that for free and i still feel like ive been short changed. 3 points are all that matters right now but cant help but feel that its only papered over the cracks again

Can you hear me Martin Compston, can you hear me? Chic Murray, can you hear me? James Watt. Roadworks.  Lena Zavaroni. Richard Wilson, I don't believe it. Your boys just took one hell of a beating. By errm one goal to nil. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeker said:

Can you hear me Martin Compston, can you hear me? Chic Murray, can you hear me? James Watt. Roadworks.  Lena Zavaroni. Richard Wilson, I don't believe it. Your boys just took one hell of a beating. By errm one goal to nil. 

Woah woah woah... leave Richard alone.

The regression without Oakley is startling. Teams know if they shut off space for Power to pass it and force us to go long we'll win absolutely nothing with Muirhead or Quitongo up there, we badly need a proper alternative.

3-5-2 seems an obvious solution, at least give defences something to think about with 2 showing for it in attack.

Gallagher and Holt won't have had an easier night their whole careers

That was a brutal watch but I can’t remember the last time we got dragged into a battle and come out on top, great 3 points and more like the effort required when games aren’t going our way. 

18 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The regression without Oakley is startling. Teams know if they shut off space for Power to pass it and force us to go long we'll win absolutely nothing with Muirhead or Quitongo up there, we badly need a proper alternative.

Actually pissed we didn't bring in an alternative last week. 

Neither team deserved to win that. Utd managed to score in the 1st half and never really threatened us after that.

We should have went ahead when their keeper dropped the ball but Robbie missed a tap in from 6 inches. Would like to see that one again as I'm mystified how he didn't score.

Once Utd scored the time-wasting began. Keeper should have been booked in the 1st half and was at it all game. 

Jai clearly not match fit and was basically a man down. Garrity should have been on earlier. 

Draw would have been a fair result but it's just not happening up front for us right now 

16 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Neither team deserved to win that. Utd managed to score

Contradicted yourself in the first 2 sentences. If one team can score a goal and the other could play until Easter without scoring then there's only one winner 

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Contradicted yourself in the first 2 sentences. If one team can score a goal and the other could play until Easter without scoring then there's only one winner 

Of course it's all about sticking the ball in the net. Utd did and we couldn't. But overall I don't think either team deserved to win it. A draw would have been a fair result 

11 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Of course it's all about sticking the ball in the net. Utd did and we couldn't. But overall I don't think either team deserved to win it. A draw would have been a fair result 

I barely remember Morton getting over the halfway line until the last 15 mins in the second half.

Aye, while they didn't race into an early lead or add a second so less impressive overall, Dundee United basically did the same thing Inverness did on Saturday. They got the lead then knew they could deal with whatever we would throw at them between aerial dominance when we hoofed it and crowding out the middle of the park when we passed it. They didn't threaten again, but they knew they didn't need to.

It's looking alarmingly like games are going to be done as soon as we go behind while both Oakley and Wilson are out. Mad that a team can suddenly look so devoid of creativity off the back of such a long unbeaten run, but lose your biggest attacking threat and the powerhouse of your midfield at the same time and here we are.

Two goals in five games is very worrying (and both were against a sleeping Airdrie).

Jai did nothing tonight and we didn’t look like scoring. Lots of cynical fouls from both sides but the referee only wanted to penalise ours. Again, he did nothing to dissuade United from their time wasting and shithousing (same as with ICT on Saturday). We were only ever going to score from a set piece, but one corner in 90 minutes and endless long throws to tall defenders were never going to cut it. 

At least if Hearts were watching that, they will have no idea how we actually play as a team.

24 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Shame Oakley got injured. 

A real shame. 

He didn't "get injured."   He was deliberately taken out by Taylor-Sinclair but I'm sure you knew that.