Hibs v Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, AndyM said:

That's the issue but I fear that horse has already bolted. 

The kids where I live were playing football in the summer which cheered me up no end then I saw the kits they were wearing. It was all Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Arsenal , Man United and Newcastle.  No Celtic/Rangers kits either. Then visited my mum in Edinburgh and the same story repeated itself. So that was two areas that should be fertile areas for Hibs/Hearts/Dunfermline etc. 

My youngest wants a football kit but isn't interested in actually going to a match or any Scottish team Which is depressing for me as at his age I basically lived in my Hibs or Scotland kits in the summer especially. I think we are now in territory where a lot of kids see football as something that just happens on TV and that there is no need to be there as its all on tv or their tablet.

Genuinely devasted for you, mate. Despite being a Hibee you clearly understand change of tide, and I do not dislike you as much as a glory hunter.

My own boy climbs up beside me on the settee or bed and watches the matches with me. I feel amazing when that happens! He is not a football fan, but he is a daddy fan, and he supports HMFC despite not even knowing what football really is. He will be my crutch taking me to games when I am an involved, and we will pass on our experiences of supporting our team in the years to come.

One of the people I like most on this planet is a Hibs supporter. As was my Granddad.

I seriously dislike your club, but I respect and recognise your efforts in stopping your progeny straying off the path and in to the EPL dark woods.

I grew up in Balerno and it was full of Hearts strips as a bairn. I now live in Penicuik and they are still there too.

2 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Genuinely devasted for you, mate. Despite being a Hibee you clearly understand change of tide, and I do not dislike you as much as a glory hunter.

My own boy climbs up beside me on the settee or bed and watches the matches with me. I feel amazing when that happens! He is not a football fan, but he is a daddy fan, and he supports HMFC despite not even knowing what football really is. He will be my crutch taking me to games when I am an involved, and we will pass on our experiences of supporting our team in the years to come.

One of the people I like most on this planet is a Hibs supporter. As was my Granddad.

I seriously dislike your club, but I respect and recognise your efforts in stopping your progeny straying off the path and in to the EPL dark woods.

I grew up in Balerno and it was full of Hearts strips as a bairn. I now live in Penicuik and they are still there too.

Out of interest why do you seriously dislike Hibernian? 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Out of interest why do you seriously dislike Hibernian? 

They were not needed. We had no sectarian policy at Edinburgh’s original football club. Hibs felt the need to present themselves as a counter-piece to my City’s history and heritage, for sectarian reasons. They literally had a policy of not employing players who were not of Irish descent. Since then, and in my lifetime, they have blurred the lines of sporting rivalry to something that it should not be. Things like fantasising about culture and image… makes me want to puke tbh. Pretentious nonsense, and a security blanket for supporters who have so little to grasp hold of in terms of honours won on grass.

On top of that, the way your fellow supporters tried to crash our CVA when we were on the brink of destruction, compared to how we supported your claim to be allowed in the Scottish league, and the Jambos who joined HoH rallies.

I despise the actions of your football club. Especially that c**t Petrie.

You seem like a decent enough lad though, despite posting on Kickback and pretending to be an HMFC supporter under the pseudo of “Last Laff”. (😉)

34 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'm going to this but it's not costing me a penny. Mate has got corporate in 'The Tornado Lounge'?????

🤣

"Hi sweetheart, I'm Candice and this is Mercedes. Forget about those players out there, we think you can SCORE RIGHT HERE".

Fair play to Hibs. Give the punters what they want.

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

They were not needed. We had no sectarian policy at Edinburgh’s original football club. Hibs felt the need to present themselves as a counter-piece to my City’s history and heritage, for sectarian reasons. They literally had a policy of not employing players who were not of Irish descent. Since then, and in my lifetime, they have blurred the lines of sporting rivalry to something that it should not be. Things like fantasising about culture and image… makes me want to puke tbh. Pretentious nonsense, and a security blanket for supporters who have so little to grasp hold of in terms of honours won on grass.

On top of that, the way your fellow supporters tried to crash our CVA when we were on the brink of destruction, compared to how we supported your claim to be allowed in the Scottish league, and the Jambos who joined HoH rallies.

You seem like a decent enough lad though, despite posting on Kickback and pretending to be an HMFC supporter under the pseudo of “Last Laff”. (😉)

That’s cool,  I’m not big on the history and traditions of the football club really although I do appreciate our back ground.  I certainly don’t hate hertz despite trying to put us out of business  come early 90. Unless it’s match day. 
each to their own and all that, I hate the feeling old firm for their destruction of Scottish football and religious historic shite they come out with every week a lot more than my local rivals, without a derby football would be absolutely shite. 

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

🤣

"Hi sweetheart, I'm Candice and this is Mercedes. Forget about those players out there, we think you can SCORE RIGHT HERE".

Fair play to Hibs. Give the punters what they want.

That’s the Scorpio lounge across the road….apparently. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

That’s cool,  I’m not big on the history and traditions of the football club really although I do appreciate our back ground.  I certainly don’t hate hertz despite trying to put us out of business  come early 90. Unless it’s match day. 
each to their own and all that, I hate the feeling old firm for their destruction of Scottish football and religious historic shite they come out with every week a lot more than my local rivals, without a derby football would be absolutely shite. 

Hearts supporters and players joined FoH rallies. When we were in trouble however… 

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Hearts supporters and players joined FoH rallies. When we were in trouble however… 

Different days I suppose, it doesn’t make you most superior because a few wanks from dot net sent emails to Lithuania.  Pretty sure tables were turned early 90s the same outcome would have happened.  All good though, cheers for answering. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Lets not be silly now. In your first paragraph you're referring to stuff from 1880, most folk on this forum don't even remember 1980. The history books say that back then there were a number of clubs playing in Edinburgh. Hibs and Hearts (and St Bernards)  were the last men standing as most of the other clubs folded. Edinburgh was never ever destined to be a one club city though. Pre 1891 HIbs were an amateur club and the only outlet for Irish immigrants to actually play football as most of the other clubs wouldn't allow them in. Hibs also frequently played guest players who were neither Irish nor RC. But since the 1890s that has never been an issue.

I have next to no interest in the actions of a few keyboard dafties on dot net nor on JKB. Anything on these boards is a total irrelevance, they are simply outlets for dafties to rage away in a safe space, knowing that nobody else cares.. I certainly don't care what is said there as I never look at either board and I would never want anyone to lose their club. 

I was at Uni in 1990 and I know what went on. A tiny handful of Hearts supporters offered support, most however either did not care or actively lined up behind Mercer.  I could say how much I hated your ex Chairman, Wallace Mercer at the time and when I was  young and daft I wished all sorts of unpleasantness on him. He tried to kill my club as he saw it as a business venture and a way to raise his own profile but he never understood community or tradition  Undoubtedly he  was an arrogant ass of a man, in love with the sound of his own voice and I held him directly responsible for toxifying the relationship between the two supports. I come from a mixed Edinburgh family and family banter suddenly became unpleasant and nasty.

However the last time I saw Mercer he was getting on a North Berwick train and was incredibly ill, eaten down to the bone with cancer. When I saw him I felt bad for him and I felt embarrassed at myself at some of the things I'd said in the past.  In short,  I've grown up since I was a teenager and I wouldn't wish his fate on anyone.

1 minute ago, AndyM said:

Lets not be silly now. In your first paragraph you're referring to stuff from 1880, most folk on this forum don't even remember 1980.

We all remember the 80’s very fondly thank you, even though some were not born. 

This thread has taken a strange turn. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

We all remember the 80’s very fondly thank you, even though some were not born. 

This thread has taken a strange turn. 

Some might say, you guys have never really left it. 😆