Week 13

lichtie23

Week 13 has a possible NFC Championship teaser as the Eagles and 49ers face off in Philly. The Texans and Broncos matchup probably the only other intriguing game on the slate. It all starts in Arlington tonight though as the stuttering Seahawks face the red hot Cowboys  

IMG_9537.jpeg

Edited by lichtie23

Every time I see the Seahawks Jamal Adams is either rolling around on the deck clutching something, walking up the tunnel to the lockerroom accompanied by doctors, or being carted off the field. 

Surprised Tom Telesco didn't try to engineer a trade, because he's the perfect Telesco era Charger

Don't like those runs on 4th & 1. 

Set your RB up 5 yards deep with your QB under C, so there are 6 - 7 steps involved just to get the ball back to the L.O.S once you take into account the QB's drop and hand-off. Just seems to be making it easy on the D.

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Exactly this. Not the hammering I suspected but disappointing to come away with nothing. Badly need Walker back.

A mad game. Was there even a punt? Seemed a heck of a lot of 4th down attempts?

7 minutes ago, jagfox said:

A mad game. Was there even a punt? Seemed a heck of a lot of 4th down attempts?

No, no punts. They said in commentary there had only been 4 or 5 (?) previous games without a punt.

4 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Still a few questions about how far the Cowboys can go in the playoffs. First team they've beat this season, with a winning record.

You concede 35 points to the Seahawks who haven't been that good for a while, I'd say not far.

Micah Parsons characterises how much the NFL has changed in the past 20 years. He's a similar size to an old 4-3 OLB, yet plays with his hand in the dirt as much as he does standing up. A player his size playing on the end of the DL would have just been targeted and trampled relentlessly in the run game years ago, but because of the shift to pass-first and the decline in OL play in general, teams can have a 240-250llb guy play with a hand on the ground and make a success of it.

One of the podcasters I follow was making the point earlier that there are tons more good pass-rushers in the league nowadays than there are good OL, and it's both absolutely true, and completely the other way around compared to the way the league worked until fairly recently. I think it will take a team like the Ravens to win a SB or two, and a few other teams around the league will begin to think that perhaps you can be successful by just loading up on your running game and mullering these smaller, pass-defense first style D's that abound. I don't think there will ever be a full shift back to old style smashmouth, because the league will prevent it and the ruleset doesn't favour it regardless, but everything in the NFL is trends and cyclical, and I can see a time where the simplicity of lining up and running it down the throat is back in vogue again.

8 minutes ago, Swarley said:

You concede 35 points to the Seahawks who haven't been that good for a while, I'd say not far.

I think they'd easily beat the NFC South winner on the road again if they are the 5th seed, but if they run into the Eagles or 9'ers I think they'll struggle, especially if that's on the road. 

I think there's a big drop-off from the NFC top two to the Lions and Cowboys, similar to the AFC with the Ravens and Chiefs to the Dolphins and Jags, although I think in the Cowboys and Dolphins case they could theoretically cause an upset if things go their way. I think the Jags are a completely fraudulent 8-3 though.