**The Official P&B Christmas 2023 Thread**

Wee-Bey

It's that time of the year again. 🎶 The most wonderful time of the year 🎶

The world's foremost celebration of gluttony and consumerism.

What are you doing this year ?

What's for dinner on the big day ?

What are you gifting your loved ones ?

If you've been a good/boy/girl/non binary person, what are you hoping Santa leaves under the tree for you ?

What Christmas movies will you be watching ?

What Christmas bangers will you have on repeat ?

Please note, if you're a grinch, humbug or scrooge, please ignore this. No negativity at nativity pls.

Wishing every poster on The Forum a great time, even the haters and losers x

793560.jpg.405c0d976dcc7a55c7909144aea95975.jpg

I enjoy most of the mainstream Christmas songs but Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is you” is severely overrated and overplayed. Should be placed into the bin IMO

Shakin’ Stevens - Merry Christmas is the best Christmas song

Off work next week so decorations will be put up then and hopefully most of the shopping will be done too 

52 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

What are you doing this year ?

What's for dinner on the big day ?

What are you gifting your loved ones ?

If you've been a good/boy/girl/non binary person, what are you hoping Santa leaves under the tree for you ?

What Christmas movies will you be watching ?

What Christmas bangers will you have on repeat ?

1 - Mother in Laws, wifes on a health kick, so she is driving

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

2 - I think its the usual, Turkey and all the gubbins

3 - Son is being supported financially thru Uni so minimal pressies this year - bought wife something expensive in Oct, so similar. Other family members? God knows..........

Happy Girl GIF by price.com

4 - Only thing I want is a book - Andy Cowan B-side : a flipside history of pop

5 - No doubt we will all be watching Love Actually.......again

Spoiler

I quite like it, especially with a mince pie and a port

6 - I will be subjected to Michael Buble, and will retort with Maria Carey

1981 was the day santa was not real.. I lived in OZ

I was 7 yo, 

A few days before , my dad and mum where at a Christmas party, the Walachia Hotel, my old man (dad) fell out the second story window (pished).

He was taken to Paramatta hospital, we all collected by the neighbours and took to the hospital.

On our return, 4 in the car. Mum driving, me in the left, to older girls in the back.

I stepped out on the car in the driveway and was hit in the face, not sure what hit me, but I started to cry.

It was a man, burgling our house

Mum got out, and 2 men started to run away.

Our house was being ransacked...Santa presents all over the front landing.'

They left with only my mums jewellery, and most important a wedding ring, she didn't wear as she worked in a bar.

My dad never ever recovered, i'm crying now.

we had 4 uncles that arrived after 1 month, the place went in fire.

Be Good, Stay Safe

To be more inclusive I tend not to use the term Christmas. Instead I call it The Holy Festival of Our Lord's Incarnation.

We have been on a health kick this year (three stone lost) but are having a holiday over THFoOL'sI so I am very looking forward to stuff like cheese, butter, bread and potatoes.

2 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

1981 was the day santa was not real.. I lived in OZ

I was 7 yo, 

A few days before , my dad and mum where at a Christmas party, the Walachia Hotel, my old man (dad) fell out the second story window (pished).

He was taken to Paramatta hospital, we all collected by the neighbours and took to the hospital.

On our return, 4 in the car. Mum driving, me in the left, to older girls in the back.

I stepped out on the car in the driveway and was hit in the face, not sure what hit me, but I started to cry.

It was a man, burgling our house

Mum got out, and 2 men started to run away.

Our house was being ransacked...Santa presents all over the front landing.'

They left with only my mums jewellery, and most important a wedding ring, she didn't wear as she worked in a bar.

My dad never ever recovered, i'm crying now.

we had 4 uncles that arrived after 1 month, the place went in fire.

Be Good, Stay Safe

I'm sure I've told this one before, but back in the 90s my brother has a wee flat and had put the presents for all the family under his tree. He came home one night after being on the last and he'd been burgled too.

They opened every present and stole them all - except one. They had unwrapped a Sidney Devine VHS my brother had bought for my mum, and left it behind. 

1. Mrs Mathematics has chosen to work again, funny that, so I’ll take the boy to see the grandparents so he can see what a Christmas tree looks like.

2. Cheese, probably.

3. Mrs Mathematics and I don’t get each other anything, or anything for her side of the family, but it’ll be the usual shite that I spotted in the sales for my side. My mate has just had a kid so naturally I bought him loud toys.

4. Genuinely just happy to be healthy and happy.

5. I’ve already watched Love Actually, Bad Santa, and The Holiday. Looking forward to my all time favourite The Family Stone. Hope to sneak in a Gremlins at some point.

6. Helpless Corpses Re-enactment by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

2 minutes ago, mathematics said:

1. Mrs Mathematics has chosen to work again, funny that, so I’ll take the boy to see the grandparents so he can see what a Christmas tree looks like.

When we became teenagers, my dad would often volunteer to work on Christmas day so that the other coppers with young kids could stay at home. 

I love Christmas.  Love the crap songs but not a fan of the movies.  Although not at home, we pretty much have a British-style dinner although no crackers here.  Me and the wee lad will go for a long walk while the wife prepares the food.  Pressies are mostly for the wee lad - the wife gets cash as that's what she wants and a few pairs of shorts for me this year.  No visiting the in-laws either - we keep that for New Year.   Will have a few beers but won't kill it. 

We're putting up the decorations tonight - another Christmas task I enjoy.  The wife does the tree which suits me as I'm not a fan of that.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I love Christmas.  Love the crap songs but not a fan of the movies.  Although not at home, we pretty much have a British-style dinner although no crackers here.  Me and the wee lad will go for a long walk while the wife prepares the food.  Pressies are mostly for the wee lad - the wife gets cash as that's what she wants and a few pairs of shorts for me this year.  No visiting the in-laws either - we keep that for New Year.   Will have a few beers but won't kill it. 

We're putting up the decorations tonight - another Christmas task I enjoy.  The wife does the tree which suits me as I'm not a fan of that.

Im banned from sending PM.

I love you bro

This year, it's all about my mum. But she wants to keep things the same as previous years. 

My niece and her boyfriend will spend Christmas eve with her and stay the night. They leave in the morning, and we show up at lunchtime for a few hours. 

We had offered to do something else - take her for dinner, say. But she said no. She thinks she won't be much company this year. She said she wants the evening to herself. 

I'm working again this Christmas. I should have it off because I worked last year. Due to the fact that I'm single, live on my own and my dad lives too far away to up on the days off I'd have and cannot bank being invited over by friends. I thought "I'm no spending Christmas day on my tod" so volunteered to work it rather than New Years day.