TV Coverage Thread

The Master

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lawrenson was never humourous. He was a torn faced c**t and clearly thought his position was untouchable as he got worse at every tournament. Absolutely delighted to watch him greetin in his latest interview and practically blaming 'wimen and the blacks' for him being booted out. A horrible c**t of a man. 

I think Lawrenson is one of those cases where both of the above can be true.  For a miserable get like me, I enjoyed his early style and never doubted he did actually enjoy football.  However, he had a good run and the points you raised leave a bad taste.

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

It is what it is.

Supply and demand, etc.

No one's pretending that the current crop of pundits are SAF or Ancelotti or Capello.

They're being paid to give their opinion. That's pretty much it.

Grown men getting angry over it is just plain silly.

you could apply this to pretty much anything that you're personally disinterested in or not bothered about - "chasing a bit of leather about" for one as my maw always trots out....

Great to see that almost every game is preceded by reports on how Engerland are doing. Perhaps now is the time to call the programmes "England preview and updates with some foreign johnies playing later".  They really cannot help themselves.

3 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

Great to see that almost every game is preceded by reports on how Engerland are doing. Perhaps now is the time to call the programmes "England preview and updates with some foreign johnies playing later".  They really cannot help themselves.

I am beginning to wonder if part of the telly deals is that they have to keep the focus on England to maximise revenue for all commercial partners and English businesses.  These tournaments generate a fortune for a lot of businesses, including food, bevvy, kits, flags etc.

9 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

I am beginning to wonder if part of the telly deals is that they have to keep the focus on England to maximise revenue for all commercial partners and English businesses.  These tournaments generate a fortune for a lot of businesses, including food, bevvy, kits, flags etc.

Exactly. They keep the focus on England because upwards of 90% of the audience are English. It can be annoying to the minority but it's just the demographics. It's not a conspiracy to do down uppity Jocks. Considering the total disinterest in England for just about all things Scottish I actually think the national (UK) coverage for Scotland at this tournament is fair enough. 

Edited by kennie makevin

18 hours ago, Derryboy62 said:

If the Euro's have nothing to do with politics then how come Israel and Ukraine could have qualified but Russia couldn't? 

Every major sporting event is 100% about politics.  Starting off with all the dodgy dealings in the voting process. 

What I mean is us fans need to keep our political opinions out of the game. Squeezing in things about the Union etc is not needed. The Scottish National team belongs to us all no matter your age, sex, colour, team you support, where you are and obviously your political views. It is up to us fans to make sure this happens. 

We shouldn't lower ourselves to be like the people that run and sponsor the game etc. 

27 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Exactly. They keep the focus on England because upwards of 90% of the audience are English. It can be annoying to the minority but it's just the demographics. It's not a conspiracy to do down uppity Jocks. Considering the total disinterest in England for just about all things Scottish I actually think the national (UK) coverage for Scotland at this tournament is fair enough. 

I think the coverage has been really good. Us Scots will unfortunately always find something to moan about. How many times do you hear it's not the England team it's the press. If I got a pound for everytime I heard that I would be rich. It is so boring.

12 hours ago, Pocketman said:

you could apply this to pretty much anything that you're personally disinterested in or not bothered about - "chasing a bit of leather about" for one as my maw always trots out....

My Mum says "Give them a ball each"

29 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Jermaine Jenas make Lee Dixon sound like Dylan Thomas. He's objectively the worst pundit

Not unless he's wearing an Eni Aluko mask and pretending to be her he's not!

Eni Aluko is the single worst "pundit" I've ever seen or heard on tv. She's absolutely clueless. I've absolutely no issue with female pundits and commentators if they earn their place on an equal basis of what they can add. Karen Carney is pretty decent. The American rules expert on ITV has been good. There are Infant School kids who could do a better job than Eni Aluko. If ever there was a self evident exercise in box ticking................... Unfortunately Joey Barton has probably ensured she'll forever get screen time now.

14 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Don’t know how things were pre-match but there was a delightful lack of England chat at half time of Turkey vs Georgia.

Yes it was refreshing!

Although Micah Richards' "banter" and doubled over creasing with laughter like he's in a pub is mortifying. Get that stuff confined to YouTube 

Aluko is useless, no doubt about it, talks an absolute load of shite. I'm not convinced it's 'box ticking' by the BBC though - we must bear in mind that they also employ the likes of Packy 'Packy' Bonner. Perhaps that's regional 'box ticking', I don't know. But he hasn't a fucking clue either.

Danny Murphy has the face, voice and general demeanour of the guy in the pub everyone tries to avoid who says "it's straight bananas int it" and believes it to be a viable analysis of Brexit. And he's an idiot.