Frozen Venison Vs Ice Cold Steel - RCFC vs MFC

By far the best we’ve been this season tonight. Simon Murray fast turning into one of my favourite County players of the past decade or so. Runs himself into the ground every single week and is starting to get the finishing product to match. Add to that his work off the park; just seems like a smashing big guy. Scott Allardice is the b*****d we’ve been missing in the middle of the park for years. Absolutely strolled it again tonight and if we can keep him fit we’ve got a right player on our hands. However, Yan Dhanda. My god. He’s the best player I’ve ever seen in a County shirt and it’s not even close. What a difference it makes having a manager that actually wants to use his strengths and make him a focal point of the team. Could pick out any player the night but I thought those three were especially outstanding.

As for Motherwell though. Deary me. Hard to see how Kettlewell survives this one. Thought they were embarrassing and 3-0 utterly flattered them. I hope the boy Casey hasn’t seriously done himself late on, but he’s completely brought it on himself by trying to act the goat all night when he couldn’t get near Murray all night. Clown. Hope Blair Spittal enjoys the A9 too. 

Well that was fun. Best County performance for a long time. No criticism of anyone in that team.

The East Stand tea bar has invested in a milk dispenser, so I didn’t even have to f**k about with a 5 gallon drum of milk as per usual.

All in all, a very pleasing night. 

Derek Adams-What a guy.

Malky signed good players, but they were simply under performing. In less than 2 weeks Derek has come in and got them to perform and what a transformation. Three clean sheets and 7 points from 9.

No failings tonight but special mention to James Brown and Ross Laidlaw. I have at times been critical of Baldwin for his red cards, but his pass to Dhanda for the second goal, his goal line clearance and his footwork to dribble past 2 Motherwell players whilst under pressure are worthy of mention.

The defence looks solid now, and they work ever so hard to not lose a goal.

Tremendous, onwards and upwards.

26 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Get that up you, Kets. 

Stuart Kettewell from what I heard is a really nice guy, was a solid player and did a lot of great things at County.

Of course when it ended at County, justifiably so. Don't get the dislike and hope he gets a little more time to turn it round at Motherwell, doubt it though...

County played Motherwell off the park, especially in that 1st half. Should have been 4-0 at half time. Dhanda, Murray, in fact most of the team played well.

Fair play to the Motherwell fans travelling up and singing throughout the first half at least.

It's nice to have a 'new' manager bounce, but will judge Adams over the next 2 seasons if he lasts that long. Hope he does well, but Motherwell had a Kettlewell bounce last season, Aberdeen same with Robson. Will it last? I hope so, but I'm not getting carried away just yet. It was a superb performance, 1st half especially. Dhanda was superb, Murray work ethic is fantastic.

What's up with Brophy, is he injured? Naughty step? If not injured, would like to see him on as a sub. Give players a chance at least,

14 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Laidlaw was solid too, great to have a clean sheet.

Now you are just rubbing our noses in it. 

I would suggest swapping Laidlaw for Kelly. Seems reasonable. After all you would get an International Squad goalkeeper. What say you……deal ?

We were very good tonight and well worthy of our win. I said before that we have a decent squad let down by the previous managers poor style of play and not utilising players properly, but Adams seems to be doing that so far. Even the formation which I previously hated is working well under Adams. Add a couple of wingers to our squad to mix things up a bit and I think we’ll be fine.

Special mention to Laidlaw who was very assured and commanded his area very well, unlike that flapping idiot Kelly in the opposite goals. What an utterly abysmal goalkeeper he is.

Edited by Staggie_93

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Neither of his yellows were fouls. Complete joke of a red card. 

The ref seemed to take a while to produce the red after the second yellow, it occurred to me that he forgot that Nightingale was already booked, and probably wouldnt have issued such a soft second if he'd remembered.  Its as soft a red as you will see.

ETA

Scrap that, just seen the highlights and I'm talking shite.  Ref knew exactly what he was doing.

Edited by Pete the Jakey

10 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Highlights
At ~2.00 you see a lovely passing move. It is symptomatic of how much we have gelled over the past few games, but also how static Motherwell were off the ball. It’s a shame Randall could curl it into the top corner to give it the finish it deserved. 

That was a cracking bit of play and just unforunfortunate for County that Randall couldn't finish it, with Dhanda again heavily involved who won't be given as much freedom as we afforded him last night in every game he plays that's for sure, but I really like the look of him now that Adams is playing more to his strengths than McKay obviously did. Type of player who can get fans out their seats, would kill for someone of his ilk in our team just now to link middle to front and provide some genuine quality and entertainment.