Motherwell vs St Johnstone - Race to the bottom

48 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Kelly at the goal is so horrific it’s up there with anything the worst goalies we’ve had in the last 20 years has served up. 

It’s just one in a long line of howlers too. 

If Kelly hadn’t Kelly’d just think how good that last minute winner could have been.

But Kelly Kelly’d

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

The keeper made a good save at a 1 on 1, is the header the other one?  He did well to touch it.

He should’ve passed the ball into bottom corner,but blasted it almost straight at Kelly,the header was at the other end obviously,but guys online said it was a sitter 

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

He should’ve passed the ball into bottom corner,but blasted it almost straight at Kelly,the header was at the other end obviously,but guys online said it was a sitter 

You might be right about the 1 on 1 (was at the other end) but the ball for the header was fizzed across the goal I genuinely think he made more of it than was deserved.  He got to it, any further contact and it was as much the bullet header as Biereth scored.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

He had two attempts at goal in his first two minutes, so not a bad shout.

Just seen the "highlights" and that would have been an absolute belter of a cross/goal at any time, let alone in the last minute.

The less said about Kelly choosing the worst moment in recorded human history to finally decide to come off his line, the better.

31 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Was that the header just at halftime? I sit just to the side of the goal near the front and I was amazed and relieved he didn't score it, I was fully expecting Kelly to be clawing mid air as Kane put it in the net, thankfully he missed though.

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not just saying this because it was against St Johnstone, but a few games off the halfway point of the season and I think Bair has been a completely fine squad player for this level.

I have no idea why a) he isn't starting, b) he's being played through the middle rather than as a wide player.

He is quite clearly worth playing through sheer force of effort, and similarly clearly, a wide player, not a striker.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not just saying this because it was against St Johnstone, but a few games off the halfway point of the season and I think Bair has been a completely fine squad player for this level.

Bair, Davor and Gent are all squad players that potentially improve the team.  Is Oxborough a squad player?

Kane had no chance with the header, its belted about 5 yards too high for him and also far too quick. He done well to even get his head in the way.

Should be scoring to make it 2-0. Its a good save but a decent striker doesnt give the keeper a chance to make a save at all.

A draw was probably fair, in the end. We didnt do enough to win it when Motherwell were on the ropes for me.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kane had no chance with the header, its belted about 5 yards too high for him and also far too quick. He done well to even get his head in the way.

Should be scoring to make it 2-0. Its a good save but a decent striker doesnt give the keeper a chance to make a save at all.

A draw was probably fair, in the end. We didnt do enough to win it when Motherwell were on the ropes for me.

Without a doubt a draw was fair,but it hurts that we were so close to a win, Costelloe does the right thing ,we see the game out imo 

Just had a chance to see the St Johnstone goal and my word, it's worse than what I saw from the John hunter stand. 

Absolutely diabolical from Kelly. He's nearly out of his box by the time he gets to the cross (and fails to deal with it). He shouldn't even be going out for that type of ball.

I would personally drop him but if he doesn't have the armband given to another player then what is the point?

4 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just had a chance to see the St Johnstone goal and my word, it's worse than what I saw from the John hunter stand. 

Absolutely diabolical from Kelly. He's nearly out of his box by the time he gets to the cross (and fails to deal with it). He shouldn't even be going out for that type of ball.

I would personally drop him but if he doesn't have the armband given to another player then what is the point?

He sets out for the ball then dives under it, why didn’t he just keep going and if he couldn’t catch, punch it.  Or stay on his line and deal with the trickling ball as it comes off Bevis.  There was no danger in that situation u tilde made his move.

5 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

Kettlewells post match comments for anyone that wants to watch it. He calls St Johnstone St Mirren and admits Kelly did make a mistake.

Unforgivable. Public execution rather than sacking in order imo.

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Would say that in both fixtures this season - more so the one at McDiarmid - the game has swung back in your favour once he was brought on. Had an uneasy feeling about it as soon as he beat McGowan to that first header.  

Edited by PSJ.84

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Would say that in both fixtures this season - more so the one at McDiarmid - the game has swung back in your favour once he was brought on. Had an uneasy feeling about it as soon as he beat McGowan to that first header.  

Everyone feels it, players the lot. It's because he is so shit and a big fumbling buffoon you just expect it to hit of his arse and go in or like yesterday to miss hit a shot right onto some c***s head.

8 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

Now, I don't hate St Johnstone personally. However by allowing us to equalise, you have caused this, which I deem unforgivable.

Screenshot_20231210_010228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f1584ef2b0b889d11bd110f5e5788cb.jpg

Youve got Kettlewell for another month, the idea of just chucking strikers at it remains solid in his mind, and Theo Bair is probably about to get another run of starts.

Im so sorry.