Motherwell vs St Johnstone - Race to the bottom

f**k sake. Just too much to ask. 

Let me guess. Sitting deeper and deeper inviting them on to us. Pure, unadulterated Levein :rolleyes:

Edited by Trackdaybob

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

Honestly.  f**k off. That might save Kettlewell and we DONT need that 

No way he is being sacked now. It’ll be viewed as ‘fighting spirit’ and ‘togetherness’. A rare occasion where a Motherwell goal might not be the overall best thing for the Club.

Yeah, Levein cost us that.

Its been an issue throughout his tenure so far that he does nothing unless its too late or unless its to make us more defensive.

Today he done both.

A braver manager sees Motherwell have literally no defensive shape and tries to keep at them, we went 5-4-1 with Stevie May not even actually playing up front.

Well done Motherwell, obviously got a fighting spirit the way they keep coming back for draws.

But f**k me that’s a shocking waste of points by us. Motherwell were really poor and posed no threat at all the entire second half, then Smith and Brown leave Bair in acres of space on the edge of our box for a great cross and brilliant header.

Special mention to Costelloe for kicking the ball out in our half moments earlier when he had ages to clear it deep into the Motherwell half.

We were brutal first half but much better in the second.

Suppose we didn’t deserve to win midweek with an injury time goal so swings and roundabouts.

A point gained I guess, but that doesn’t change the fact Kettlewell shouldn’t still be the Motherwell manager come Monday morning. There’s good enough players in that squad for a safe bottom 6 finish - change the manager and aim for that. 

1 minute ago, AdamMFC said:

I suppose that keeps him in a job then.

Aye, it'll be a stay of execution for him. It's not enough for me, personally. Another absolutely terrible performance, but the shitebag board won't punt him on the back of a draw. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, Levein cost us that.

Its been an issue throughout his tenure so far that he does nothing unless its too late or unless its to make us more defensive.

Today he done both.

A braver manager sees Motherwell have literally no defensive shape and tries to keep at them, we went 5-4-1 with Stevie May not even actually playing up front.

Honestly think the only difference between this team and Davidson’s team is we try to pass the ball more. Same defensive mindset and so far not inspiring. 

Need reinforcements in the window. Two wing backs and at least one forward. DJ could possibly be the laziest player we’ve had in a long time. Random gave him the benefit of the doubt by saying he thought he was knackered 20 minutes in. I just think he can’t be arsed. 

Can’t understand dropping deeper and deeper, especially when we have Brown incapable of closing any player down. Definitely 2 points dropped 

12 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, it'll be a stay of execution for him. It's not enough for me, personally. Another absolutely terrible performance, but the shitebag board won't punt him on the back of a draw. 

Agreed, it's not enough for me either but as you say he won't get the sack after that. If we lose next week then I'd think that would be it for him.

Actually thought Davor was one to have pass marks because he just kept things simple.

Having a left footer on the left and right footer on the right also naturally gave us more width - who would've thought.

Still think he needs to go, can't keep giving teams absolute gifts and sneaking equalisers.

The only mistake Kettlewell is making at the moment is not taking the decision to relieve Kelly of the captaincy. It is affecting his performances. If it is not that he needs dropped. He needed dropped weeks ago and a decent performance v Celtic does not change my mind.

I thought we were OK today. Not very good but better than I thought. St Johnstone even with a new Manager did not look up to much at all. 

We need to finish 10th or above. With Livi in the league that may come down to us and St J. 50/50 imho before the transfer window opens.

I would not sack the Manager. The team even with its limitations are clearly playing for him. I have never known us to score so many last minute goals. 

7 minutes ago, welldaft said:

St Johnstone even with a new Manager did not look up to much at all. 

We still require a fair bit of surgery in January to have a chance of avoiding the bottom two, i think thats an opinion all Saints fans have. We have very little/no quality outwith our best line up. Folk like Brown and Gallacher are back up quality, while we've got Costelloe coming off the bench whos got literally no redeeming features.

Add Wright and Clark into our starting 11 regularly and we'd be pushing top half, but such are the margins we dont have them and instead sit 11th. Missed Considine today too IMO.

Its frustrating that we've gone on a good run, and now face a tougher run of games, and all its accomplished is helping us catch up with others. Both games against Motherwell we should be holding on consdiering how late we held a lead, and that wouldve been us on 19pts and 7th.

Parallels from this Motherwell team to Callum Davidson’s St. Johnstone team (not the good one). 

Two points dropped for us. Kane has to make that 2-0 but I can’t say I expected him to score. Kane for May was the wrong sub - Jaiyesimi was absolutely fucked from the 55th minute. Carey probably wasn’t the right one to come off either, although he looked injured so can let that slide. Brown has to be replaced ASAP.