Motherwell vs St Johnstone - Race to the bottom

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Interesting to see if Levein rotates any of the players around, given that he reckons they aren't fit enough and a fair few will be on their third game in 6 days.

Max will definitely drop out, and feels like Jaiyesimi wont manage another start. Not sure much needs changed beyond that?

Sprangler and Kane in feels logical for those two too.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Max will definitely drop out, and feels like Jaiyesimi wont manage another start. Not sure much needs changed beyond that?

Sprangler and Kane in feels logical for those two too.

So was Max concussion? If so that's a definite nae chanece. Lucky we're not too bad in that area as Dan, Smith and Sven are all machines but Dan looked absolutely gubbed by 70 minutes last night.

Don't like typing this as I'd rather keep it in my head but I think Costelloe might well start up front. I suspect Kane's lack of contract clarity is a sign he's away, which to be fair I'm fine with if it frees up a wage for something different. And better.

Thinking the club said Considine might be back too? There's also the rumours about Robinson being recalled but not sure if that's just pub talk.

Hopefully whatever happens we start to use subs a wee bit earlier. Doesn't make sense to me to admit that players lack fitness then play them for 90 minutes when it's obvious that they've run out of gas.

Anyway, quite looking forward to this. Don't mind Motherwell away although it was better before they changed the routing for away fans into the stadium.

Well 1-2 Saints (Smith, Phillips - they're both due one)

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

So was Max concussion? If so that's a definite nae chanece. Lucky we're not too bad in that area as Dan, Smith and Sven are all machines but Dan looked absolutely gubbed by 70 minutes last night.

Don't like typing this as I'd rather keep it in my head but I think Costelloe might well start up front. I suspect Kane's lack of contract clarity is a sign he's away, which to be fair I'm fine with if it frees up a wage for something different. And better.

Thinking the club said Considine might be back too? There's also the rumours about Robinson being recalled but not sure if that's just pub talk.

Hopefully whatever happens we start to use subs a wee bit earlier. Doesn't make sense to me to admit that players lack fitness then play them for 90 minutes when it's obvious that they've run out of gas.

Anyway, quite looking forward to this. Don't mind Motherwell away although it was better before they changed the routing for away fans into the stadium.

Well 1-2 Saints (Smith, Phillips - they're both due one)

Yeah Max never recovered from that early head knock, so it should be classed as a concussion really. 

Robinson cant be recalled until January.

I kind of see why they play the attack the way they do, but i still prefer it when an actual striker is up there, and with Clark out then it has to be Kane really.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

As much as I find it difficult to get bent out of shape about Ketts being wordy (I mean, have you seen some of my posts?) I've been giving these a swerve of late because...fucking hell.

Nevertheless, I'm absolutely checking this one out and fair play to him for committing to the bit.

On the contrary I would actually absolutely love it if Ketts turns up for his next (?) press conference armed with a load of stats, recites the entire fixture list since he took charge and tries to end it with the appropriate Natalie Dormer gif. 

21 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

On the contrary I would actually absolutely love it if Ketts turns up for his next (?) press conference armed with a load of stats, recites the entire fixture list since he took charge and tries to end it with the appropriate Natalie Dormer gif. 

They could use that net they put up behind the goals to fashion a hammock

On the game, Theo looked gutted when he came off the other night, I assume mainly because Kettlewell is the only reason he's getting any sort of minutes at this level. 2-1 us, Biereth with the first and Bair saving Ketts' job with the winner. Steven Anderson or someone with the other.

So, what are the odds on a Motherwell win? Even though were the hone team, its got to be St Johnstone as the favourites right?

I might just pass this game simply due to the lack off faith that a squad playing in the right positions might be found. Could be bottom before Christmas at this rate.

2 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

So, what are the odds on a Motherwell win? Even though were the hone team, its got to be St Johnstone as the favourites right?

Best odds availabe according to oddschecker.

Screenshot_20231208_162048_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9abae2cf62a6a3de95aaf9f0eb15040a.jpg

For anyone attending, there will be a school choir performance at half-time on the pitch. Earplugs will not be provided so just a heads up if you wanna bring your own! This has also resulted in me being relocated to the Cooper stand for an afternoon. idk how I'll get through 90mins without loudly swearing at this lot...

10 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

For anyone attending, there will be a school choir performance at half-time on the pitch. Earplugs will not be provided so just a heads up if you wanna bring your own! This has also resulted in me being relocated to the Cooper stand for an afternoon. idk how I'll get through 90mins without loudly swearing at this lot...

God rest ye merry gentlemen,  good king Wenceslas and a few bars of ‘if you hate the fucking old firm clap your hands’ are my requests please.

I don't finish work til midway through the first half. If I turn my phone on to find Spittal's at left back and Wilkinson in midfield, or any other mad shite, I think I'll be storming the front doors to go pitchside and remove Kettlewell from the dugout myself. 

For the love of god, strip it back, put round pegs in round holes and at least give ourselves a chance. 

Glad our line up feels relatively settled now.

Mitov in goal.

McGowan, Gordon, Robinson all the back 5. Either Considine or Gallacher goes in where Robinson doesnt on the left. RWB could be anything though. Brown, Costelloe or Jaiyesimi all options IMO.

Midfield/Attack will have Smith, Phillips and Carey. Then you pick 2 from Sprangler, Kucheriavyi (depending on whether his injury during the week is classed as concussion), Jaiyesimi, Costelloe, Kane, and May. Depends if we go with the 5-2-2-1 type shape, or 5-2-3, or 5-3-2. Have options now.

I want to see

Mitov

Jaiyesimi - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson - Gallacher

Carey - Phillips - Smith

Kane - May

But chances of that are slim/none.

40 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Sounded like it was 

Yeah looked like it too, but unsure how it was classed officially, and you can never fully trust a club to actually follow concussion protocols if they dont have to.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Glad our line up feels relatively settled now.

Mitov in goal.

McGowan, Gordon, Robinson all the back 5. Either Considine or Gallacher goes in where Robinson doesnt on the left. RWB could be anything though. Brown, Costelloe or Jaiyesimi all options IMO.

Midfield/Attack will have Smith, Phillips and Carey. Then you pick 2 from Sprangler, Kucheriavyi (depending on whether his injury during the week is classed as concussion), Jaiyesimi, Costelloe, Kane, and May. Depends if we go with the 5-2-2-1 type shape, or 5-2-3, or 5-3-2. Have options now.

I want to see

Mitov

Jaiyesimi - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson - Gallacher

Carey - Phillips - Smith

Kane - May

But chances of that are slim/none.

RWB and up front still feel like "least worst" options currently. I'd probably rather see Costelloe or Jaiyesimi over Brown and then sacrifice May for Sprangler out of your line up and be more comfortable with a more attacking RWB option. 

Speaks volumes that we've not scored away all season and even the banter page isn't calling for the likes of Jephcott etc. We've still a big squad but feels like we're actually running with 16-18 given how much deadwood is being carried. Reckon we'll be fine as long as we don't have an injury crisis mainly due to the quality we have in our first 11 particularly in the middle of the park.

Edited by nelsjfc

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah looked like it too, but unsure how it was classed officially, and you can never fully trust a club to actually follow concussion protocols if they dont have to.

Just seen him walking down Dunkeld Road, weirdly enough. Wasn’t in his tracksuit or anything. 

Didn’t realise you guys hadn’t scored an away goal all season. If you’ve got anyone remotely capable of taking a corner you’ll have at least a couple of goals to celebrate this afternoon.