Aberdeen v Hearts: A Football Match

Thought we were quite good 1st half, though Aberdeen were poor. Was a good away performance, kept it pretty tight, scored, looked no bad on the counter. 2nd was so, so bad. Tried to sit in on the lead and failed to change it at all positively despite being second best.

After the equaliser I thought we'd actually weathered the storm after about 20 minutes and it became scrappy but the defending for that winner was fucking appalling. 

Halkett sub was baffling. Chuck Tagawa on and give no support. Kingsley out to RWB. Again we failed to link the midfield and forwards. Naismith has to show he can learn to manage in game sharpish or he's not long for the chop as his subs routinely make us worse.

9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought we were quite good 1st half, though Aberdeen were poor. Was a good away performance, kept it pretty tight, scored, looked no bad on the counter. 2nd was so, so bad. Tried to sit in on the lead and failed to change it at all positively despite being second best.

After the equaliser I thought we'd actually weathered the storm after about 20 minutes and it became scrappy but the defending for that winner was fucking appalling. 

Halkett sub was baffling. Chuck Tagawa on and give no support. Kingsley out to RWB. Again we failed to link the midfield and forwards. Naismith has to show he can learn to manage in game sharpish or he's not long for the chop as his subs routinely make us worse.

The substitutions were like a kid playing FIFA.

Aberdeen are no Barcelona, let’s get that straight, but Hearts? Absolutely muck, really poor performance and in keeping with what I’ve heard about them in the little run they’ve been on. 

I have been supporting Aberdeen since 1971 and in all that time, Hearts have never been anything other than hacking, cynical, hammer throwing, animalistic bas7ards. So today was no real shock.

Hearts - falling apart since……well, their creation, really

PS -Used to love winding up that wee fud John Colquoun back in the day, always guaranteed a reaction from him, never dissapointed 

Edited by Afc69

28 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Hearts 😂

A club stuck in the First World War.

A club that condoned the behaviour of Craig Thomson.

A club that has a fanbase scared to travel outwith the Central Belt. 

Enjoy your evening. 

Heart of Midlothian FC and the Scottish motorway network.

Neither function north of Perth.

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Thankfully it didn't matter too much by the end, but that challenge from Baningime on McGrath is even worse than it looked at the game. Stick-on red card.

Yeah I thought so. It’s cynical as well, looks like pure frustration and just a proper swipe. 

4 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Naismith saying the reason for losing wasn't tactical. Way to chuck your players under the bus. Fanny

It also doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

If we came out to press more and be a bit more direct then that is a tactical decision. Naismith made several subs to try and counter it and it didn’t really work. That is by definition tactical. 

Not saying we were amazing but I agree with you that he’s trying to excuse himself of any responsibility with chat like that. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

It also doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

If we came out to press more and be a bit more direct then that is a tactical decision. Naismith made several subs to try and counter it and it didn’t really work. That is by definition tactical. 

Not saying we were amazing but I agree with you that he’s trying to excuse himself of any responsibility with chat like that. 

Yep agree. Aberdeen went a.bit more direct. He literally changed the shape of the team and introduced subs that made us worse rather than better at combatting it. That is tactical.

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Watching Sportscene, size of Shankland, ooft.

St Mirren had the “full fat” version of Shankland and it was so difficult to watch someone who you knew had the talent but no desire to look after his weight. 
To think that he has an opportunity to represent Scotland at the Euros in Germany if he pulls his finger out instead of reacting to opposition supporters. 
It seems it’s a common theme amongst some of our most talented Scottish players down the years. 
Given the amount of sport science input that these players get to perform at their best it’s so disappointing to see them waste their talent. 

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

St Mirren had the “full fat” version of Shankland and it was so difficult to watch someone who you knew had the talent but no desire to look after his weight. 
To think that he has an opportunity to represent Scotland at the Euros in Germany if he pulls his finger out instead of reacting to opposition supporters. 
It seems it’s a common theme amongst some of our most talented Scottish players down the years. 
Given the amount of sport science input that these players get to perform at their best it’s so disappointing to see them waste their talent. 

I always remember Ryan Fraser doing an interview a few years after he left us for Bournemouth. 

Talked about how when he was with us he used to eat dominoes every weekend and now with Bournemouth he was eating right. 

I found it quite astounding, is it not pretty obvious that dominoes isn’t the diet of a professional athlete? Does that require sports science and nutritionists? Is no one at Scottish clubs telling them to get a fuckin grip?