Aberdeen v Hearts: A Football Match

I can only assume Barron just isn’t being picked due to contract issues. Surprised that he’s gone with Hayes again - as much as I love the bloke, I’m not sure what he has done to earn a start over McGarry or even Duncan in that position recently. If we are sticking with a three, might as well put Milne in there instead of MacDonald, as unpopular as it might be - should allow us to squeeze the game more and hopefully progress the ball better. 

The thread title should just have been "Aberdeen 2-0 Heart of Midlothian".

The lineup is slightly disappointing. I was hoping to see Tagawa continue to get a run rather than Vargas, who maybe has something about him, but has also had a lot more opportunities without contributing enough so far. 

Hopefully Lowry turns up.

15 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

No idea if that's a back 4 or Milne in the middle. Not sure dropping MacDonald was the obvious change to make to be honest if it is still a 3.

Milne in the middle I think. Very comfortable on the ball. MacDonald the complete opposite and exploited by Killie the other night.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is this his ‘playing Christian Ramirez as a number 10’ moment? 

🤣🤣

Here, I could almost get that. Forcing another striker on the pitch by hook or crook.

We're shoe horning him in there so someone more comfy can play middle of the three. We're countering this by playing him when he's not that comfy playing out either.