Queen's Parks' Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I'll be handing my season ticketback if they do.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Aye. Wouldn’t get another penny from me until he was away. Not that they’d give one solitary f**k tbf. 

Plays to their advantage. More seats to sell to visitors, while they lounge in the Royal Box…wait, hold on, still not at Lesser thou…

3 hours ago, embow said:

That also kinda finished off Brechin as well. One year in the Championship then all the way down with  successive relegations into the Highland League thereafter.

Hughes is an utter fanny but he can't have Brechins demise pinned on him 😀😀😀

I wasn't pinning Brechin's demise on him directly. Only noting the events that happened to Brechin after getting into the Championship. Would Brechin have still been in League 1 or 2 if things had turned out differently regarding these play off games? Nobody will ever know. One thing is certain Hughes is well past his sell by date and no team should go anywhere near him.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Mulgrew 😂

I estimate there's about a 0% chance this happens. 2 of our last 3 managers have been rookies given their first job, and both were punted after about 6 months. Can't see us going down that route again.

Edited by Zanetti

Tam Courts looks on paper to be the best option, all things considered. Was allegedly a top candidate in the summer, you wonder if he'd still consider us if we went back to him cap in hand. 

Scott Brown, Neil Lennon, Callum Davidson while not particularly inspiring to me would probably do us a turn and work out in the short term. The first two will definitely be linked (Brown already by the DR) due to the Celtic connection at the club.

And I'd fucking take John Hughes over Malky Mackay every day of the week and twice on Sundays. The only good Mackay could possibly do for QP would be to bring Simon Murray back down the A9 with him. We've been a hollow shell of a club since he was sold.

Brown would be good for the club profile and that but jury still out as a manger, I think? Fleetwood possibly a bit of a basket case club, though. Overall, I'd probably prefer him in midfield than in the dugout - but could maybe work with the right DoF in place. Potentially doing things arse over tit (for a change) by appointing manager before DoF but manager is the most pressing thing at the moment. 

Going to be a mix of  paper-talk (hiya Scott Burns 👋), agents punting some names and Charlie Mulgrew trying to get himself linked with every job going...

We should have a short list already. Will be interesting to see if they announce today if someone is in charge in the interim for the weekend - or if we're going to push for a quick appointment

#anyonebutmalky

Daily Record touting that you want either Scott Brown or Charlie Mulgrew.

Also suggests that Gary Bowyer has applied. You'd be mental not to just give him the gig if the likes of Mulgrew are the other candidates.

48 minutes ago, Dave said:

Tam Courts looks on paper to be the best option...

The only good Mackay could possibly do for QP would be to bring Simon Murray back down the A9 with him. We've been a hollow shell of a club since he was sold.

Simon Murray has been a great signing for County. His attitude & work ethic even when not scoring is superb. A premiership level player all be it a botttom 6 type side. 

Tam Courts or Dick Campbell best options.

On 11/12/2023 at 08:56, Zanetti said:

I estimate there's about a 0% chance this happens. 2 of our last 3 managers have been rookies given their first job, and both were punted after about 6 months. Can't see us going down that route again.

They should have appointed a Wookie instead.

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

If the plan is to be playing in League One next season, then appointing Yogi is a good plan.

Also, there is an issue with one of the apostrophes in the thread title.

It was Saturday night and I was ready to get pished. Was raging that QP forced my hand so they can get fucked with apostrophes tbh.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:07, Ludo*1 said:

Daily Record touting that you want either Scott Brown or Charlie Mulgrew.

Also suggests that Gary Bowyer has applied. You'd be mental not to just give him the gig if the likes of Mulgrew are the other candidates.

Can only imagine the headline:

"Celtic HEROES want top job with Glasgow rivals."

Clickbait shite for idiots.