Queen's Parks' Next Permanent Manager 23/24 Edition

Who will be QP's next permanent manager?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Am fairly comfortable that no announcement on Veldman's replacement has been made, provided the club are actively working towards it. 

The apparent lack of preparedness, rightly or wrongly, makes it pretty clear Veldman walked. We need to ensure we make the right appointment and would assume that process takes time. However, as others have said, the comms so far have been poor. The members (surely) and other fans deserve to know the club are pursuing a replacement and not relying on another inexperienced assistant. I find the lack of clear comms baffling especially at a time when the club try to sell half season tickets.

Can never accept this argument that finding the right manager takes time. Pretty sure the average managerial reign is still around 18 months, so surely clubs aren’t just assuming their guy will stay for 5-10 years?

1. Why are you getting rid of a manger if you don’t know where you’re going next?

2. Any well-run club should have 3 or 4 realistic names that they would consider appointing if their manager left tomorrow. This gets regularly updated and makes it far less likely you’ll be left scrambling around in the dark.

24 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Can never accept this argument that finding the right manager takes time. Pretty sure the average managerial reign is still around 18 months, so surely clubs aren’t just assuming their guy will stay for 5-10 years?

1. Why are you getting rid of a manger if you don’t know where you’re going next?

2. Any well-run club should have 3 or 4 realistic names that they would consider appointing if their manager left tomorrow. This gets regularly updated and makes it far less likely you’ll be left scrambling around in the dark.

Tempted to stop you there at “well run club” but I largely agree.

The kicker for us is that we’re shopping for a new DoF as well as a manager. 

So far ‘the project’ is looking naive at best, criminally negligent at worst - so are we changing strategy? Does the new DoF need to be in place before we appoint a manager?

f**k only knows. 

17 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Tempted to stop you there at “well run club” but I largely agree.

The kicker for us is that we’re shopping for a new DoF as well as a manager. 

So far ‘the project’ is looking naive at best, criminally negligent at worst - so are we changing strategy? Does the new DoF need to be in place before we appoint a manager?

f**k only knows. 

Where are we playing next season? Can pretty much guarantee we’ll start thinking about this in April. 

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Seriously? Do you want someone (anyone!!!!!) in within a week and no longer, or do you want the right person in? Given the director of football (who would normally be the man looking for new managers) had resigned and, I'm assuming, the club were going to give Veldman a wee run at it, I can't see there being anyone getting fitted for his QP trackie before the ICT game in anticipation of Veldman going.

We just need to wait and hope that Pep gets released by City for his next big adventure.

Why not the dream team of Klopp and Andy Robertson? 

He joined us and was forced to work with what he was given basically. He only made 1 permanent signing with us which was Tyler French. Excellent man manager, absolutely brilliant guy, well spoken, but apparently had issues with the lack of professionalism behind the scenes... which might be an issue at QP!

I'm absolutely loving Tony Docherty right now and think we've made a really smart decision bringing him in but I was devastated when we disposed of Bowyer which says a lot about a Dundee manager losing their job in the second tier when it took until the last day to win the league with a lower than 50% win record in an extremely weak division. He just galvanised the support and the team after the Mark McGhee debacle.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

but apparently had issues with the lack of professionalism behind the scenes... which might be an issue at QP!

Queen's Park; The gift that just keeps on giving!

Would be more than happy with Bowyer.  Correct me if I'm wrong but last season when it wasn't really working at Dens he made changes to the formation, (something which neither OC nor RV seemed capable of doing), which is the kind of pragmatism we need at the moment.   Always came across as a class act.

17 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

There won't be a better option than Bowyer in my opinion. Just give him what he wants and a massive bonus for keeping us in the Championship. Urgency is required.

Aye, knows the league and has managed from youth level to Championship in England. You can’t underestimate how good a job you’d have to have done to get basket case Blackpool promoted when he was there as well. Seems to have a decent eye for a player. If there’s a more obvious candidate, I can’t see them. 

8 minutes ago, Spiders For Life said:

Bowyer with 2/3 signings over the age of 25 in Jan and this season might not end up being the absolute bin fire it’s been so far. Until I see it happen I’m scared to get too optimistic about it.

Even if it happens, I’m not allowing myself to become optimistic until I know the Malky danger as Director of Football has subsided.