Killie v Celtic

Just now, guinness said:

I've got to agree. I watched the Raith game on Friday on the TV & when the ball went wide on the far side. I was struggling to see it 🤓 but it's a money saving thing I suppose. If it was a better playing surface all the top team's would be using it. I

The SPFL is the league that hates itself.

We’ll just get rid of the pitch because some duffers can’t see the ball when the game is on the telly. 

Give me peace. 

In terms of the game, from about 35 minutes onwards, we absolutely dominated. Armstrong is a class act, Mayo was faultless once again, and I thought Watkins just showed how important he actually is to us with his running when he came on. When we are on it at home, we are better than anyone in the league. 

3 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The plastic pitches in Scotland are a joke tbh. They should be banned in the top flight. They look shite on telly and are not conducive to good football. 

That argument doesn't stand up once the winter weather affects grass pitches and they start cutting up into muddy fields.

59 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

We’ll just get rid of the pitch because some duffers can’t see the ball when the game is on the telly. 

Give me peace. 

In terms of the game, from about 35 minutes onwards, we absolutely dominated. Armstrong is a class act, Mayo was faultless once again, and I thought Watkins just showed how important he actually is to us with his running when he came on. When we are on it at home, we are better than anyone in the league. 

Part in bold, apparently your club has already stated their intention to get rid of your pitch by 2026.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/plastic-pitches-could-banned-scottish-28222647

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

See if the thousands of glory hunting bigoted b*****ds that support your club and the other took interest in their local teams then perhaps they could afford to have pitches they never have to rent out to the community.  

Sweeping generalised statements are rarely indicative of rational thought.

5 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

It does if the pitches are looked after properly.

It's not that simple. Clubs further down the table need to find ways of making money to keep up (or to simply stay up). We've often gone down the groundsharing route which has made an unholy mess of our pitch.

Having a pitch like Kilmarnock have would mean that we don't need to spend a fortune on undersoil heating, the Firhill Complex (plastic pitch) and we can hire out the pitch to local community. 

I would be interested to see how much financial difference they make tbh as I imagine it's enough to improve the team to the tune of a couple of league positions, but that's not based on much.

9 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

The plastic pitches in Scotland are a joke tbh. They should be banned in the top flight. They look shite on telly and are not conducive to good football. 

5 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Sweeping generalised statements are rarely indicative of rational thought.

Brando.gif

9 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

We lost. :bairn

The pitch had nothing to do with the result yesterday, let’s be honest.

Rodgers watched how the second half unfolded then made some disastrous changes.

Sacrificing Iwata, who was the only robust player on the park for us, to squeeze on a striker completely killed the midfield and only further heaped pressure on a creaking defence.

Opting to then keep Phillips on the park with Nawrocki on the bench was madness. A brick on a skateboard is more mobile than the guy and probably a better defender. 

The McInness master plan was lacking in the first half, but by the second it kicked in and Rodgers proceeded to play right into its hands.

It’s easy for me to say, but a 3-5-2 was the way to go if you’re not taking off the worst player on the park without sacrificing a midfielder.

Not a fan of the song book yesterday, more than enough options without flinging out the SAM Song.