Killie v Celtic

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

It's a song Celtic fans sing so I'm guessing the Kilmarnock PA guy played it and when you hear some of  the lyrics it tickled me a bit considering we lost.

Oh right probably is then can’t say I’ve noticed (or noticed today). Hate music at games. 

Well actually no I hate music that don’t like at football.

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Mcinnes reminds me a bit like when clarke was at killie, knew how to punch well above his weight at times but when expected to win, it kinda falls apart

with that memory of yours, you probably also recall your fans rallying round your club and saving them from liquidation. 

32 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Celtic fans haven’t been happy with the board for a long, long time. We might be rich but we don’t spend in a way that sees us improve so we yo-yo between being almost untouchable domestically to doing just enough to win the league all whilst falling flat in Europe.

There is a glass ceiling the board just won’t push through however it’s plain to see to anyone with eyes that aren’t painted on our recruitment this season so far has been pish, utterly pish so it will be interesting to see what we do in January especially with the Asian Cup happening.

We won’t win every game and Killie is a place where we do come unstuck from time to time however today we just got battered. We didn’t go undefeated in the league in the last 2 seasons and there was no way we were doing it this season, the bigger surprise is that it took till December.

I might be wrong here but I think Rodgers record at Rubgy Park is played 7 won 3 and lost 4. Which is pretty incredible when you think how strong Celtic have been in both spells.

32 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Not starting to start an argument coz I really don't care but first time I heard it was us during the covid season when we won the league then celtc fans did it after, were they actually singing it before then? 

Aye think the union bears put a video out with that song on it during Covid to take the piss a bit but think alot of other Rangers fans didn't realise that we had been singing it for years. Theres videos on buses etc from well before then.

29 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

We were slow to start today and let's be honest, if it wasn't for Will Dennis in that opening 15, Celtic would have already put the game to bed.

After that I thought we matched them a lot better. They've a poor defence and goalie. They're supposed to be a possession-based side but the truth is their back four isn't good enough for this; they're not "press-resistant" enough to use a Rodgers phrase from today!

Last August I was so critical of how McInnes set us up at home to Celtic; sit in, invite as much pressure as we could, pay them way more respect than they deserve. The Old Firm sides of present are not those of years gone by; they're very ordinary with very ordinary defences. He got his tactics absolutely spot on in January at Hampden, and better again in the games vs Rangers and Celtic this August. Show them absolutely no respect at all, get on top of them, make it uncomfy, test them in a way they aren't normally tested. If they normally look good, it's only because teams sit off them and let them have lots and lots of the ball.

Delighted to see after a ropey start, we started to make life difficult for them. Very unlucky not to have ourselves a goal in that first half, between Kennedy's excellent ball in to the back post for Kennedy (how? how did that not go in?) and Ndaba's back-post sitter. At the game I was livid with him for not scoring it; seeing it back, Alistair Johnston rolled in and turned it away with an arm on the line, which VAR weren't interested in for obvious reasons.

Really good input from McInnes at half-time, had us a lot better drilled and going at Celtic better. I think he deserves tremendous credit for being so positive with his enforced subby. Donnelly had been awful negative with a lot of his passing I felt. Taking him off when he got injured and throwing another striker on was a bold move that paid off. Our one performer that wasn't a 9 or a 10 today was Vassell, but to be fair to the big man he looked better in the two.

Watkins when he came on absolutely worked his baws off.

The two goals were thoroughly deserved and both things of beauty. Armstrong's cut inside and whipped ball in to the feet of Watkins was a tremendous pass and a difficult bit of skill. Big man took it in well and picked just the right pass. I said to my dad before the game that when Armstrong and Lyons play well in these games, the team play well. Brad had a great game today and took up a brilliant position for the equaliser. We should take a moment to appreciate the work ethic of the guy; he covered every blade of grass today and when he's doing as much hard defensive work, to burst forward like that takes a great engine. Good of Philips to be so slow getting out that he plays him on, and even nicer still of him to turn it in for us. Big haddy.

The second goal is even better. After a bit of defending of our own, let's give credit to Liam Polworth, who does exactly what he does best and why I think he should start more often. Stops, slows the game down, stays calm, doesn't panic - picks a really good forward pass to get us up the park instead of just launching it.

Armstrong and Kennedy combine brilliantly and I love the wee point from Kennedy - Danny picks him out perfectly. Delighted for the wee man that he finally gets his Killie goal. Super week for him, an assist and a goal. Another assist for Danny, who will be back to having a target on his back for certain sections of the support come Saturday no doubt.

You could go through the team and make an argument for MOTM today. Fantastic to a man.

The best bit for me is that my wee nephew was there. Started out a Rangers fan at a young age, has been coming with me to Killie games on and off for years, and recently as he develops a real interest in football and goes to any game he can, has been to a lot of Ayr with his dad. Even got a top. I've been forking out for scarves etc to try and keep his interest in Killie. I've seen him swithering in recent weeks, as Ayr continue to be an embarassment and Killie pick up some good victories.

Yesterday got his gran to buy him the full Killie keeper kit for his Christmas. Today sees us beating the Old Firm in a home league game, something he'll never see Ayr do. I can see him inching more and more in to the Killie camp. Wants to come to Livi next week. A beautiful thing to watch develop in front of your eyes!

Keep up the good work, he'll know the right decision to make soon

2 hours ago, wingnut said:

We got what we deserved a the end of the day as we don’t take our chances when they come and that matters big time,as for only giving us the one end it maybe have worked the day cause Killie won but not long term,for that bottin that’s supports Killie and Sevco,Sawyers a think the dafties name is he’s a turd and always will be,we’ll have to turn the Jambos over next week and put in a good show,mon the Hoops 🍀

Well done on taking the crayon out of your mouth to write that down before your carer posted it for you.

28 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Oh right probably is then can’t say I’ve noticed (or noticed today). Hate music at games. 

Well actually no I hate music that don’t like at football.

I don't mind it before or after games but I hate in when it's played immediately after a goal, absolutely ruins the moment sometimes 

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Aye think the union bears put a video out with that song on it during Covid to take the piss a bit but think alot of other Rangers fans didn't realise that we had been singing it for years. Theres videos on buses etc from well before then.

This will be the same argument you have with Liverpool fans over YNWA. 😂 

2 hours ago, wingnut said:

We got what we deserved a the end of the day as we don’t take our chances when they come and that matters big time,as for only giving us the one end it maybe have worked the day cause Killie won but not long term,for that bottin that’s supports Killie and Sevco,Sawyers a think the dafties name is he’s a turd and always will be,we’ll have to turn the Jambos over next week and put in a good show,mon the Hoops 🍀

Beelin.

Glorious.

49 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Not starting to start an argument coz I really don't care but first time I heard it was us during the covid season when we won the league then celtc fans did it after, were they actually singing it before then? 

Yes it was played a bit during our invincible season, I always thought that’s why Rangers retorted during the Covid season.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

How you feeling about McInnes now? 

I’m not only asking this as a reaction off the back of today’s result but this season has been better than last so far? Is he turning your opinion around? 

For me I’ve been back and forth with McInnes (wanted him sacked after Caley in the cup QF and at half time against Celtic in April for example) and just as recently as seeing the starting line up on Wednesday night away at Aberdeen I was saying he was annoying me a bit again so I’m not going to make out as if I’ve always been behind him.

However I probably need to start giving him a bit more respect as, regardless of result, he’s made sure the team are competitive in every game.  Thats a good few times now that we've stood up to a really tough challenge.

It's a hard one for me with McInnes. Obviously looking at it over a long period of time, he's succeeding and making us incrementally better. Won promotion, (just) survived in our first season back, looks set to have us finish higher up this season. I mean, we're a couple of points off 3rd at the moment.

But it's hard not to look at it in the much shorter term, game to game, and on that basis he just annoys me too much for me to really take to him. The football is eye-bleedingly brutal at times, the away record is non-existent, and he seems absolutely blind to things in certain games and/or unwilling/unable to change things.

I do try my very hardest to keep the long-term picture in focus, because like I say we're undoubtedly better when looking at it like that. I just know in the next week or two we could go away to Livi or have St Johnstone come to town and have a game where we're a million miles off it, and that's galling. It's especially disappointing when you've gone to great lengths and financial outlay to follow the club away from home and watch yet another turgid performance. But we've won away from home, we've beat the champions, I just wish we could build on that. If we could start winning more than 1 game at a time - that's 2, can we make it 3? - I might slowly and begrudgingly come round to him.

Some fans seem guilty of swinging wildly from "McInnes out" to him being the messiah week to week as we go from winning to losing, so I'll try to stay consistent and be honest with my point of view, which is that I still haven't really taken to him. I thought I'd turned a corner in August, then the last couple of months have been mostly shite with the odd good home performance. I hope this isn't another false dawn and this is us putting together a head of steam that's going to have me absolutely eating my words and admitting I was wrong about him.

We're 8 points better off than in the equivalent fixtures last season, which is pretty substantial and shows definite progress. McInnes makes his fair share of blunders but we're definitely on an upward trajectory, so he's doing a good job in my book. 

Edited by Coooombe

45 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I might be wrong here but I think Rodgers record at Rubgy Park is played 7 won 3 and lost 4. Which is pretty incredible when you think how strong Celtic have been in both spells.

He has lost 10 domestic games as Celtic manager - 4 of them have been against Killie (all at Rugby Park), then 2 each against Hearts and Hibs and 1 against Aberdeen and Rangers.

12 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

It's a hard one for me with McInnes. Obviously looking at it over a long period of time, he's succeeding and making us incrementally better. Won promotion, (just) survived in our first season back, looks set to have us finish higher up this season. I mean, we're a couple of points off 3rd at the moment.

But it's hard not to look at it in the much shorter term, game to game, and on that basis he just annoys me too much for me to really take to him. The football is eye-bleedingly brutal at times, the away record is non-existent, and he seems absolutely blind to things in certain games and/or unwilling/unable to change things.

I do try my very hardest to keep the long-term picture in focus, because like I say we're undoubtedly better when looking at it like that. I just know in the next week or two we could go away to Livi or have St Johnstone come to town and have a game where we're a million miles off it, and that's galling. It's especially disappointing when you've gone to great lengths and financial outlay to follow the club away from home and watch yet another turgid performance. But we've won away from home, we've beat the champions, I just wish we could build on that. If we could start winning more than 1 game at a time - that's 2, can we make it 3? - I might slowly and begrudgingly come round to him.

Some fans seem guilty of swinging wildly from "McInnes out" to him being the messiah week to week as we go from winning to losing, so I'll try to stay consistent and be honest with my point of view, which is that I still haven't really taken to him. I thought I'd turned a corner in August, then the last couple of months have been mostly shite with the odd good home performance. I hope this isn't another false dawn and this is us putting together a head of steam that's going to have me absolutely eating my words and admitting I was wrong about him.

Could be worse ,you could have Steven Naismith in charge 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rodgers heart quite clearly isnt in the job, and it shows every time Celtic play a match.

40% of all BR's domestic losses with Celtic have been at RP against Killie according to a stat on our own forum.

If true, today's result was hardly a major shock.

43 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

40% of all BR's domestic losses with Celtic have been at RP against Killie according to a stat on our own forum.

If true, today's result was hardly a major shock.

I’m surprised then that he hasn’t went total anti plastic pitch then. Not a scientific approach, but I always thought Gerard and Beale went over the top in their criticism of our playing surface. That might be just me or praise of a more  honest manager. Don’t know.

10 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

I’m surprised then that he hasn’t went total anti plastic pitch then. Not a scientific approach, but I always thought Gerard and Beale went over the top in their criticism of our playing surface. That might be just me or praise of a more  honest manager. Don’t know.

He had a right moan about in August, which is when I posted this...

Collage_2023-08-20_20_36_13.thumb.jpg.56cb7d21cf16b8999a5c58f74a6d31f2.jpg